• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unown

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Let's talk about Unown, shall we?

A common theory about this Pokemon is that they are Arceus's a thousand arms. This can (somewhat) be seen in the Heartgold/Soul Silver Sinjoh Ruins event where Arceus summons many Unown. What I've always found particularly interesting about these Pokemon is that they have ruins dedicated to them in both Sinnoh and Johto (and the Sevii Islands, too I guess).

And one Pokedex entry about them states....

Bulbapedia said:
    When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge.

That leads me to thinking... what exactly IS Unown? Could there be much deeper meaning to this Pokemon than we're led to believe? I'll leave that to you guys.

Years
  • I always kind of imagined Unown to be one of those super ancient Pokemon that we never really had any full understanding of. I'm going to go out on a limb and give the boring answer and say that Unown is representiative of a language long forgotten about in the present, or perhaps they're their own language that they try to communicate to the rest of us. Either way, the concept of Pokemon themselves being an alphabet of a mysterious language themselves is fascinating to me.

I just wish Game Freak did more with Unown rather than give it some amazing lore and interesting Pokedex entries, really.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • It's basically a bunch of letters with eyes I guess? Personally don't think there's anything too important about that so....yep.

Anyways I don't think it needs a boost in power by any means. If everything is useful then that would make everything kinda obsolete. I'm fine with it being it being a bunch of single-eyed letters with not much importance. Though if I did want to change anything about it I'd say it's name XP.

Back