• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

love writing{never wrote fanfiction eva}

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 4, 2021
I wrote some fiction in my time. It was a pretty good experience. the problem is.. I have been asked to help someone with pokemon fanfiction. which has resparked ny interest in fanfiction ideas I haver had. the other problem is I barely have kept up with pokemon since I was a teen. I am so far behind on not just the lore but the mechanics and classing system that i may need a crash course in pokemon. i had an idea for fanfiction running pokemon logic through other game worlds but that never got off the ground.. I really want to finish the project though. plus all my other writing projects though. any idea on how to catch up on pokemon? I need a literal crash course.

Bay

Years
Hello, and welcome! So there are a few resources you can check out if you want to catch up on Pokemon. Serebii has some good info on each games' mechanics and Pokemon's movesets while Bulbapedia goes into more detail on each Pokemon species and character. We have also a few forum sections like Pokemon General if there are any other general Pokemon questions you have.

If you want to narrow down your research, what type of Pokemon fanfiction your friend is writing and needs help with? Is it based on one of the games? Setting/region? Canon or original characters? Answering those questions will also have us pinpoint more specific topics you can research!

Years
Honestly, just playing through a more recent game would be a huge benefit. Especially the early segments that always make a point of making new mechanics and type matchups and stuff clear.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What I think will definitely help is to look into game mechanics on websites like Serebii or Bulbapedia. What type of Pokemon fanfiction is your friend writing? If it's the anime/like the anime, your friend doesn't really need to use game mechanics like abilities, characteristics and etcetera. But if it's a specific region, I recommend you look into the characters of that said region. If it's an OC fic, all you need to know, in my opinion, is the basic mechanics of Pokemon, and it should all be good.

Since you can do virtually anything with Pokemon, just knowing the basics should be okay to help your friend out with their fanfic, honestly.

Back