• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Zodiac League

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    So I've had this idea at the back of my head for a Pokemon Fangame for a while now about a game where the Pokemon League is themed around the Chinese Zodiac. The reason I talk about this is because I think it makes so much sense when you think about it.

You have the following within the League:
    - 8 Gym Leaders

- The Elite Four

- And the League Champion

Meanwhile, the Chinese Zodiac has 12 animals, and the Jade Emperor. I made a document before from a year or so ago of a rough idea of how I'd imagine the members of the League would be like; even including if they were a Gym Leader vs an Elite Four member. I can showcase the original Google document if you guys would like to see it, though I am more than interested in hearing your guys' thoughts on the idea, itself. It doesn't even have to involve Fakemon in any way, just a standard adventure with the League themed around the Zodiac.

Years
  • I mean, it doesn't tell us much about the overarching story or characters. But as a base concept, I think it's pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    I mean, it doesn't tell us much about the overarching story or characters. But as a base concept, I think it's pretty cool.

Right, my apologies. I never really thought of a planned out "story" for the league, but I did have this one idea that there was an organization that loves Pokemon and wants to help spread the word. They meant well, but their methods of doing so caused a lot of trouble. Think of a mixture of Team Skull with how the members (and even Pokemon) are considered outcasts, and Team Aqua/Team Magma with how they actually love Pokemon and want to help, but their means of doing so causes a threat that the player has to step in.

For the overall story, I would imagine it being a by the books adventure that's lighthearted and overall silly in tone. I would've liked to just stay my comfort zone rather than try something big and new for a proper fangame/ROM Hack if I were to ever make one. Just thought it'd be neat to talk about overall.

Bay

Years
  • I too think that the overall concept is pretty neat and nothing wrong with wanting the adventure to be lighthearted. I'm curious though if that google doc of yours you thought up the personalities/teams of the Gym Leader and Elite 4. If so, you can c/p what notes you got here or a shortened version of it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    I can actually just send the Google and you and others can take a look if you want! However, to sum up the members' personalities, they represent the positive and negative aspects of their respective Zodiacs. Like the Bull is headstrong but is hard to calm down once set off, Pig likes to follow a plan but becomes flustered once something unexpected occurs, etc.. The document can be found here. They're more of just notes, anyways.

Back