• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] How to catch Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Been having trouble trying to get these 3. Can't figure out how to get close enough to them to throw something or start a battle, and it seems like every time I see them there's little or no grass to make use of. Is there some trick to it I'm missing or am I just dumb?

Years
  • According to this:

Spoiler:

With Feathered and Wing Balls you can toss the balls from far enough that they won't start running away.

I'm not actually that far into Legends myself though, so I can't verify =3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Both of the above posts helped, I caught the 3 of them earlier today, thanks

Kinda forgot about the range on the wing type balls, and never felt the need to use stealth sprays before so it never occurred to me to use them now lol

Years
  • I see that OP caught them, but I just caught them today myself and found them oddly difficult. Thundurus especially, because it's all on the water (they seriously need to fix that; throwing items from Basculegion just doesn't work properly).

For anyone still struggling: use Smoke Bombs where possible, they seem to let you get right up to them undetected.
    Then use items like Sticky Globs or Mud Balls to stun them, but be ready to immediately switch to a Pokémon and start a battle. The window of opportunity seems tiny.

You're best off by saving right before engaging with them; I was knocked out a fair few times and would've lost loads of my items.

Back