• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Part of the Journey

Years
  • I think we can all agree that going on a Pokemon journey in the games is pretty fun, but what's your favourite part? Do you enjoy setting off into the world the most? Or maybe you prefer travelling the main bulk of the region collecting gym badges? Maybe even the climatic Elite Four fight at the end?

Discuss your favourite part of your Pokemon journey :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Depends on the game. In HeartGold / SoulSilver it's battling Lance and Red, in Black its battling N, but in other games its usually the period between badges 3 and 6 when your options start to open up but before the final showdown with the evil team. Especially in Kanto, where you have just so many options once you get through Rock Tunnel and grab that Tea in Celadon City (which potentially can lead to Saffron City being your 3rd badge and Vermilion your 7th).

Years
  • My favorite part (other than battling) has to be adventuring through the overworld. It's always fun to see what Game Freak packs into the new region in terms of designs.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • My favourite part other than battles, is when my pokemon evolve. It gives me immense amount of happiness. The feeling is greater when pokemon like pichu, munchlax and evee evolve into pikachu, snorlax and espeon/umbreon/sylveon.

Years
  • My favorite part (other than battling) has to be adventuring through the overworld. It's always fun to see what Game Freak packs into the new region in terms of designs.

Yeah me too :) I really enjoy travelling the different regions and exploring the world Game Freak creates. Although taking on the Gyms is pretty fun too, nothing beats seeing the sights of a new region for me.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think it's the beginning for me. I've started more adventures than I have finished. Just picking a starter, grabbing a few extra Pokemon for a team, and taking on that first route and gym.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I think after Gym 3 it becomes really fun. You get more areas to explore, your Pokémon are strong enough not to worry about losing battles, and more often than not most of my party members evolve at this point. I think from Gym 3 on to right before the evil team comes back in the picture is the best part of the journey; when it really feels like an adventure.

Years
  • My favourite part is the adventuring itself, especially in aesthetically-focused games like Black/White or X/Y.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I think after Gym 3 it becomes really fun. You get more areas to explore, your Pokémon are strong enough not to worry about losing battles, and more often than not most of my party members evolve at this point. I think from Gym 3 on to right before the evil team comes back in the picture is the best part of the journey; when it really feels like an adventure.

Have to agree with this! :)

Like everyone else, I adore exploring the region but the momentum you get when your in your journey is absolutely amazing! You have your favorite set of Pokémon and can't wait and wonder when you're going to add more to your team, your Pokémon start evolving (which its sooooo exciting), more fun Pokémon features are displayed/introduced (huge shopping mall!, fishing, biking, etc), and much more! It also when the plot starts to take place so you encounter the evil team more and find out more about the legendary which becomes so addicting to find out more.

Back