• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Uninitialized constant PBMoveRoute" error

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    This is odd. I know what some of it means, but not all...Help?

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError

Compiler:3138:in `pbAddPassageList'

Compiler:3353:in `pbFixEventUse'

Compiler:3248:in `pbEachPage'

Compiler:3221:in `each'

Compiler:3221:in `pbEachPage'

Compiler:3248:in `pbFixEventUse'

Compiler:2977:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:2962:in `each'

Compiler:2962:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:2957:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Ben\Saved Games/Pokemon_ Adventures in Kanto/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The compiler has found an event it thinks is a door, so it's trying to turn it into a proper door event with all the correct event commands. The event is one with a single page containing a "Transfer Player" command, has no graphic, and is between impassable tiles like so (green O is the event):

Code:
    [COLOR=Red]X X[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]O[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR]
    That's not the error. That's when the error appears, and it gives you something to look for.

In your scripts, have a look for module PBMoveRoute and see if there's a Down=1 line in it. If not, there should be. If there is, find the problem event and adjust it so that it's not recognised as a probable door (the simplest way would be to copy-paste its event page without making any changes).

Oh, and I took the liberty of changing this thread's title to one that's actually descriptive. You know, like the rules say you should do.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    The compiler has found an event it thinks is a door, so it's trying to turn it into a proper door event with all the correct event commands. The event is one with a single page containing a "Transfer Player" command, has no graphic, and is between impassable tiles like so (green O is the event):

Code:
    [COLOR=Red]X X[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]O[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR]
    That's not the error. That's when the error appears, and it gives you something to look for.

In your scripts, have a look for module PBMoveRoute and see if there's a Down=1 line in it. If not, there should be. If there is, find the problem event and adjust it so that it's not recognised as a probable door (the simplest way would be to copy-paste its event page without making any changes).

Oh, and I took the liberty of changing this thread's title to one that's actually descriptive. You know, like the rules say you should do.

Well, you got me this time with the rules... But thanks for the help! It turns out, after
    I get the error, (I did it through the external editor) I play it through Debug and save it, then it works on the editor again!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Ah, External Editor. Yeah, that doesn't have the module I mentioned, hence the error.

Generally speaking, it's probably best not to try compiling from the External Editor, for this reason. When doing a full compile, do it from within RMXP.

Back