• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] DexNav (with Detector Mode!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    I apologize if this is too big of an ask, but I'm a novice when it comes to resolving merge conflicts, and would appreciate any guidance on these. These occurred when incorporating this into DizzyEgg's stuff. I've included my thoughts on each, to explain where my logic takes me. I guess it's not really important to explain, but I want to show a good effort that I'm trying to learn.

In
    Code:
    wild_encounter.c

Spoiler:

In
    Code:
    wild_encounter.h

Spoiler:

In
    Code:
    pokemon.c
    Spoiler:

In
    Code:
    pokemon.h

Spoiler:

In
    Code:
    global.h

Spoiler:

Finally, in
    Code:
    build.yml

Spoiler:

Aside from these, there were a couple (namely
    Code:
    battle_message.c
    and
    Code:
    battle_main.c
    where I think the solution was just to replace the old code with the new code.

Anyway, I would appreciate any guidance on these, as well as any further explanation for what the code does and why it conflicts.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

No problem! It is sometimes tough to determine what code to keep. From what I can tell:
    • wild_encounter.c - keep both parts of the conflict
    • wild_encounter.h - keep both parts of the conflit
    • pokemon.c - this one is tricky because you need parts of both. I just pushed an update to the dexnav branch to handle the shiny charm, so if you pull again you would want to keep the stuff with FlagGet(FLAG_CHINY_CREATION) only.
    • pokemon.h - RHH changed how hidden abilities work - I've just updated the branch to handle this as well
    • global.h - you want to keep dexNavSearchLevels and dexNavChain, so the bottom part of the conflicts :)
    • build.yml - To be honest I have no idea, but I would see what that file looks like in pret and choose whatever conflict matches their repo

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen today
    Can you create a dexnav patch cuz it is so much difficult for me to implement in my Rom I have found firered patch but can't find emerald so please give me dex nav patch for emerald

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Can you create a dexnav patch cuz it is so much difficult for me to implement in my Rom I have found firered patch but can't find emerald so please give me dex nav patch for emerald

This feature is not for binary hacking.

Years
  • Can you create a dexnav patch cuz it is so much difficult for me to implement in my Rom I have found firered patch but can't find emerald so please give me dex nav patch for emerald
    You might have confused decomp romhacking with binary romhacking. You don't "patch" roms when working with decomps
    EDIT: Oops someone already posted a response before i posted haha

Years
  • Does it require a lot of edits to make DexNav accessible from PokeNav instead of the start menu?
    I don't wanna bother anyone with doing this for me, but I doubt I have enough proficiency in C ('cuz I don't have any :P) to be able to implement this all on my own.
    So, what things should be changed?

Years
    • Seen today
    don't worry I've got the R.O.W.E source file where this is included right hour later I post this request thank you

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Does it require a lot of edits to make DexNav accessible from PokeNav instead of the start menu?
    I don't wanna bother anyone with doing this for me, but I doubt I have enough proficiency in C ('cuz I don't have any :P) to be able to implement this all on my own.
    So, what things should be changed?

Adding a new pokenav tab would be difficult, replacing an existing tab would be easier, but still challenging. I can help with the latter, having done that in Pokemon Voyager myself. Feel free to contact me on discord (same username) if you want :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Just a question ghoulslash, I got the newer version of pokeemerald, and merge your following branches by this order:
    saveblock -> dexnav -> item_dec

And the save ALWAYS gets corrupted, any tips on that ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    [
    [*]A dexNavSearchLevels field has been added to saveblock1. It requires a byte per pokemon, so by default there is not enough space in any saveblock for such a large structure.

Hi Ghoul - when determining the size needed for the saveblock, how does this count pokemon? For example, I've pulled in the RHH Pokemon Expansion, but I only plan on having 400 mons in the dex (but leaving the rest in the code). Would it require 1 byte for each of the ~900 mons in the PokemonExpansion, or would it only track the 400 that were declared in the dex? Or is it basing it off what's been set up in wild encounters only, and thus using even less space?

EDIT: Answered on the discord! Thanks.

Last edited:

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Could you please post the answer here as well as it is valuable information.
    I'd also like to know how it is calculated.

EDIT: Answered on the discord! Thanks.

In the struct SaveBlock1 you got u8 dexNavSearchLevels[NUM_SPECIES]; which means that for each species you need one Byte.
    You also have to consider whether or not you internally consider forms as their own species because then they also take a Byte each.

Thanks to SBird and ghoulslash for the answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    When compiling I kept getting errors like this "src/battle_util.c: In function `GetBattlerFriendshipScore':
    src/battle_util.c:2075: structure has no member named `flags'". Usually the line has a .flags.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • When compiling I kept getting errors like this "src/battle_util.c: In function `GetBattlerFriendshipScore':
    src/battle_util.c:2075: structure has no member named `flags'". Usually the line has a .flags.
    Sounds like a bad merge of the feature in a project using the expansion, completely unrelated to the DexNav itself.
    The GetBattlerFriendshipScore uses species flags, which are declared in the SpeciesInfo struct at include/pokemon.h, so make sure the variable is present there.
    https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion/blob/upcoming/include/pokemon.h#L334

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • how to enable detector mode?
    [*]Detector mode is inaccessible until FLAG_SYS_DETECTOR_MODE is manually set. Until then, ?? icons will appear on the GUI even if the hidden pokemon species has been seen/caught.
    If you check the code changes this feature branch makes, you'll see that FLAG_SYS_DETECTOR_MODE is a regular script flag.
    You can set it wherever you want. A script the Player is always bound to activate in their playthrough, EventScript_ResetAllMapFlags which is a script that triggers whenever you pick New Game, etc.

Back