• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON VALOR Beta 1.3 (June 2, 2017)

Years
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay still. We're a two person team, and recent graduates who moved into our own apartments. Life's been throwing some adult stuff (bills and jobs) our way but Pokemon Valor is still in our hearts and on our mind! I stumbled across a short youtube series of a play-through and I instantly forwarded it to the teammate. It was a fun and funny series that reminded me of the good memories wasting hours at a time working on this game (instead of doing school work.) I also noticed a couple bugs that we managed to overlook, but those will be addressed.

Since it's been a little while we might have to baby-step it until we're back in the groove of things, but once that happens, we'll be in overdrive for sure.

In case anyone is curious, here's the link to the mini-series on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/ruPsQjfP-EY

Thanks for being patient everyone!

Last edited:
Years
Hey folks, just updated the beta for the first time in a WHILE. It would mean a lot if you could check it out and give us your feedback. We're planning on getting back into this and finishing up pretty soon!

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
Dear lovely hack creator,

Does the beta end on route 7?

When I go down this route into the house and want to leave it doent warp me into the next route.

Years
Ah good question but actually no, not quite. So if you just finished mozzarella city you should have gotten a certain HM. Head back to fromage and check out that area some more to see if you can go anywhere else now ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2017
hello, I seem to be stucked in this game, i visited all the islands except cotija port, saffron city, colby island and cinnabar island. where do i go from here? ive only got 3 badges and didnt manage to find surf yet. or does the 1.3 version ends here?

Years
So like I just told someone a little earlier, if you just finished mozzarella city, head back to port fromage and check out the northern area. Maybe now that you have a certain HM, you can access a new area

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
Just past Asiago City - absolutely love it so far. I did notice a bug in that the guy that gives you a Lapras will continuously give you a Lapras - also no speech, not sure if he should say something about it?

Also, just a thought - could be really cool if Eevee doesn't evolve anymore because it doesn't have a need to (eg, base stat total bonus to match its evolutions). Could also mean that using a normal Eeveelution is possible/viable. Would also love to see the potential evolutions, even if just movepools and stats because you still need to get art together.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 16, 2017
Can anyone tell me where to find the Blue Orb please? I need it to progress and I don't see it anywhere.

Thank you.

Years
meltingkeith- real glad you're enjoying it so far! But ah yeah that Lapras guy was probably just for testing purposes, thanks for letting me know. But you make a great point, just because we don't have the art yet doesn't mean we can't make everything else for the new eeveelutions. Think that will be in the next update!

thebigdipper- yeah it's a tricky one. I believe if you head to the east and go to route 6, it should be in the southern end

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Hey, PV!

First, I'd like to tell you guys that I have a great deal of respect for your hacking talents. I started playing this game about a week ago, and just beat the Cotija Port Gym. It has been a really good experience and I have enjoyed it a lot, although I've noticed a couple of things I wanted to tell you about.

At the Feta Town Hotel, after beating all the trainers and going to the top floor, the man there beside the table with the item on it does not respond when I try to talk to him, and clicking on the item on the table doesn't do anything, either. Similarly, as TonyButcher13 mentioned in his Dec. 30 post, in Cotija Port, when I have only one Pokemon and go talk to Jessie with the red hair, he (she?) turns and looks at me but doesn't say anything, so I can't start the first battle. I'm still waiting for Strength, Rock Smash, and Surf, too, and it would be good to get the map fixed, but overall, it has been one of my favorite hacks (Blazed Glazed has been my all-time favorite...).

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into it, and know that it's all been worth it. Congratulations on graduating from college, and good luck with your apartments. I'm looking forward to the completion of Pokemon Valor. :10:

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2018
I found a glitch, bug, or error. I can not talk to the owner of the hotel. Hitting the "A" to talk like I normally would does not work. Also I can not find the Ghost Gym leader.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Hello.
Do u include physical attack split feature?

EDIT:

I am glad you include only gen1 pokemons, because i personally find gen1 the best looking ones. I saw u are open to suggestions so what i am going to suggest is:
dont add other gen pokemons at all. Keep it gen1, BUT unlike the rest of the hackers, who add new gen pokemons, i suggest you do something different (saddly i think it also requires more work).
I suggest:

1) add more evolutions per pokemon (new custom sprites/designs).

2) Give different evolution root to each pokemon. Like for example, Raichu, will be able to evolve to form X and Z, and players will have to choose which one.

3) I want to start this by saying that the fact that there re only 151 pokemons is actually an awesome PRO here. Because the idea is: keep pokemons stats/skills truly unique. Like for example, Blastoise being the turtle he is (having a shell), will have A LOT higher physical defense compare to Venusaur, etc etc. the difference will be something like 1 lvl Blastoise 50 defense and 1 lvl Venusaur 17 defense. YES know! the difference its huge and thats the goal, to make each pokemon truly unique stats wise. And ofc the defense is just an example, there are all the other stats u can adjust for each pokemon and make the truly unique.

4) I also suggest not allowing pokemons learn skills via other methods beside lvling. They should just learn skills that actually make sense considering WHAT they are, how they look, if they have fangs, tale, teeth, etc etc. Those characteristics will determine their skills but also stats! Hence realistic pokemons (something that none never did).

5) I would go on to suggest removing types as well. I honestly dont think all these types make much sense, especially the newer generations introducing even more types.... -_-
So instead of having types what i suggest you do is: create SKILLS that do elemental dmg. In reality the elements are a LOT fewer than in pokemon games. There basically is : HEAT, COLD, LIGHTNING, POISON and PSYCHIC and ofc PHYSICAL. So what you would do (i dont know if possible) is to transfer the "elemental" types from the pokemons to the skills (hope i make sense)
So combined with those elements, what you would do is to create MORE passives for each pokemon, even 3-5 (the more the better) and focus on creating more unique skills with side effects.
The passives would be inherit passives, meaning you dont learn them as you lvl up and u cant unlearn them, your born/start with them. they are there to make each pokemon truly unique. For example, Onix being the huge rock he is (beside the fact that he would have very high pdefense/pattack) he would also have like 35% resist to heat, cold, poison and lightning but 0% resist to Psychic dmg. I know what you are thinking: HOW am i going to balance THAT?! First of all Onyx will not be unbeatable, he will have 0% resist to Physic dmg, meaning PSYCHIC attacks are the way to go and ghost pokemons like Gengar will be their nightmare (ghost would be the pokemon that has 100% resist to physical dmg and about 85% resist to heat/cold/poison/lightning dmg but maybe 0 % resist to PSYCHIC)
Unless u want to totally remove the idea of a ghost monster and have them be in physical form, meaning they would get normal dmg from physical attacks).

Another thing you can note (something i wanted to mostly share as part 6 is that those type of Pokemons will be TRULY legendary/unique/rare (call them whatever you want) and you can create a tonz of extra story/plot content related to them, plus add hard/unique ways to obtain them. Basically they will become as interesting as they were in the animes.
And to complete the balance issue, you would be able to face these type of pokemons MOSTLY with similar type of pokemons, like legendary pokemons vs legendary pokemons. AGAIN this would simply be awesome. It would make these pokemons what they were meant to be!

COntinuing on the general skill/stats and balance issue. You can passive skills such as chance to evade, maybe a very fast pokemon like Pikachu, Mewtwo etc will have really high chance to dodge attacks, like 30-70%.
You could make some attack to never miss.
You could make some pokemons deal more dmg or generaly increase some type of stats when at low HP.
You can real-ise the truly flying pokemons and water pokemons.
The idea can be many, what you would need to do is sit down, look at each pokemon the way it is, what it is consist of, and visualize its passive and active abilities.

Who knows, maybe one day i do what i suggest here :)

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys sorry for the long absence, but we really appreciate the continued support and suggestions!

As for the fourth gym leader (the ghost gym leader), we did make it kind of tricky on purpose.
First you'll notice that through the large building in the north east of Mozzarella City, there is a person blocking the door exiting out the back. You'll have to find the Blue Orb and bring it to him. The orb will be southeast in route 6 (which is East of Mozzarella).

Bring the orb back to the guy in the building. He'll move, giving you access out the back. Go through the little maze until you battle the apprentice again. He will give you a basement key.

Use the basement key in the hotel back in Feta Town. Once there, you'll talk to the gym leader who will tell you to meet him back in the gym in Mozzarella city.

Hopefully this helps whoever is still playing our game and let us know if you have anymore questions or issues.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I only played the first two towns and im very impressed... this hack may not have modified graphics but the story and npc dialogues are interesting!
And i like the map designs so far!
Should i play the current beta to the end or wait for a final version if its coming soon?

Btw whats up with the woman behind a house in the second town with the daycare man?
She looks trapped, there are no ways to exit, poor thing lol

Back