• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed Hack: Pokémon Rainy Days

should I add a new legendary's?

• Total voters

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
  • These maps are amazing! I love the way you map routes. :)

Only thing that be edited is the grass in the town and mountain to grass transition. I look forward to a demo or beta to this.
    took your advice and changed the mountain to grass transaction.
    new map is up.
    i don't know what you mean by the grass in town.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    the maps are awesome. but the mountain one, make it look natural :)

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
  • eh?

I couldn't help but notice you're sign post for that town in your screenshots. Looks awfully familliar.. `Veridian city, the eternally green paradice' Even if I never spelt it right, it's just to point out, I don't think you can script.. (Or whoever made that script)

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • I couldn't help but notice you're sign post for that town in your screenshots. Looks awfully familliar.. `Veridian city, the eternally green paradice' Even if I never spelt it right, it's just to point out, I don't think you can script.. (Or whoever made that script)
    oh yeah lol i forgot about that.
    @I don't think you can script.. (Or whoever made that script)
    sorry that was a test script and it cam out bad :(
    but i will be sure to change it.

also i think i will change the tiles.

Rainy Beach and Rainy Lake are a bit empty.
    The rest of the maps are okay.
    i will fill those maps out a bit, as they were just a first attempt (all of them)

Last edited:

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    I love that ROM base patch! I got it from PHO once. Good luck with the hack!

Years
  • Well, the first thing I notice is that you didn't even bother to capitalize your thread title, which is off-putting and makes you look lazy to start with.

The top banner... I don't really like it. The text clashes with the background, and the Lugia images have rough edges.

Why does the "hack of" part need to be in a spoiler? That just seems like a waste of time, especially since it's in the title.

The storyline... this is full of grammatical errors, isn't very original, and once again you don't capitalize proper nouns. I'm assuming Ash is a person, so his name needs a capital A.

After ash [Capital A] wins all of the pokemon leagues, he decieds ["decides". Use spell check.] to settle down in a new region called triono [Proper noun. Capitalize.] (called triono since there is three main islands. [There is three? No. There are three.]). He becomes the strongest gym leader in the whole region. You play as a 14 year old boy who lives in rainy beach [I'm assuming Rainy Beach is the towns name, and this isn't just a nameless rainy beach. Again, capitalize proper nouns.]. one [Really? Beginning of a sentence. Capitalize.] day you fall down the stairs to your room and you wake up to see your dad (who is Ash). He starts to ask you questions to make sure you don't have amnesia. when [When] he finds out you don't, he reminds you to go see him in his gym. When you go upstairs, your mom says bye and gives you a pokephone for your journey. When you arrive at the gym you see your sister and your dad standing there. He tells you to treat your pokemon with love and care (choices = totodile, charmander, and treeko)[Do you really need to add this here? Just throw it in the features, it's not relevant to the story.]. You start to make your way to the next town and you stop when you see a blue pokemon flying over you. Suddenly, a person comes running in asking you a lot of questions. You answer them and he starts to tell you about himself. He turns out to be a legendary pokemon tracker (he tracks pokemon and takes pictures for his collection) [This could just be added to the story, you don't really need to have parentheses after every other sentence.]. It turns out that the weather has been off lately and he is trying to see if it has anything to do with legendary pokemon. He then tells you something that has been bugging him lately,[I would omit this. It's just repetitive.] he tells you that he has seen a red and black lugia flying around the region lately (not shadow lugia). He starts to tell you that he has to follow it and runs. You go to the next town and start your journey through the Triono league to become the greatest trainer in all of Triono. You come across troubles on your journey such as...

-Team Inferno(evil team)[Yeah, we get that. We aren't idiots.]
    -Legendary pokemon making the weather go crazy.
    -Rivals (one sister one is your best friend)
    ...and much more.

As for features...

First off, CAPITALIZE THINGS.
    -have a girlfriend [Yay? What does she do?]
    -new gyms [Obviously, if it's set in a new region.]
    -new o/w sprites
    -rival is you sister [Your sister.]
    -your dad is ash who is a gym leader [How original.]
    -new cities/towns/routes/gyms/houses [You just said gyms.]
    -new world
    -new Pokemon
    -all new evil team (team inferno) [Yeah, you just told us that.]
    -you have two choices between looks(always a guy) (possible? you tell me)[Huh? Tell you what's possible? This doesn't really make sense.]
    -Two count em two rivals! (ones your sister another is my secret) [How is one your secret? You just said that one is your sister and the other is your best friend.]

The maps are... eh. Nothing spectacular.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/mrhaxmaster/hiddenmisttown.jpg
    This one bothers me. Wtf is with this weird pathway? It looks like one of those ledges you jump down and can't get back up.

pokecenter.jpg

Oh my god, please tell me this is a joke. This is hideous. The palettes... just no. I'd rather let my pokemon die than go in there.

Really, this gives a bad impression like you don't care enough to make your thread look decent. Why should I care enough to play your hack when you can't even bother to take an extra 5 minutes to spell check and use correct grammar?

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • Well, the first thing I notice is that you didn't even bother to capitalize your thread title, which is off-putting and makes you look lazy to start with.

The top banner... I don't really like it. The text clashes with the background, and the Lugia images have rough edges.

Why does the "hack of" part need to be in a spoiler? That just seems like a waste of time, especially since it's in the title.

The storyline... this is full of grammatical errors, isn't very original, and once again you don't capitalize proper nouns. I'm assuming Ash is a person, so his name needs a capital A.

As for features...

First off, CAPITALIZE THINGS.
    -have a girlfriend [Yay? What does she do?]
    -new gyms [Obviously, if it's set in a new region.]
    -new o/w sprites
    -rival is you sister [Your sister.]
    -your dad is ash who is a gym leader [How original.]
    -new cities/towns/routes/gyms/houses [You just said gyms.]
    -new world
    -new Pokemon
    -all new evil team (team inferno) [Yeah, you just told us that.]
    -you have two choices between looks(always a guy) (possible? you tell me)[Huh? Tell you what's possible? This doesn't really make sense.]
    -Two count em two rivals! (ones your sister another is my secret) [How is one your secret? You just said that one is your sister and the other is your best friend.]

The maps are... eh. Nothing spectacular.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/mrhaxmaster/hiddenmisttown.jpg
    This one bothers me. Wtf is with this weird pathway? It looks like one of those ledges you jump down and can't get back up.

pokecenter.jpg

Oh my god, please tell me this is a joke. This is hideous. The palettes... just no. I'd rather let my pokemon die than go in there.

Really, this gives a bad impression like you don't care enough to make your thread look decent. Why should I care enough to play your hack when you can't even bother to take an extra 5 minutes to spell check and use correct grammar?

thanks for telling me this ( even if you were a jerk about it.) ill get right on fixing these things. as for the features and story thing that was a quick update that i forgot to change a few things. as for the pokemon center... i already put in a new pallete but never got around to putting it up.

as for the title i will ask a moderator to change it.

thanks Kenji,
    for what it's worth...

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • @Kenji~
    Did you not read the thread I posted before yours.
    the maps were first attempts and will most definitely be edited.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Okay the maps look definetely better now and I like the tiles as well :)
    But make sure to add something to that beach area since it's completely empty.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • Okay the maps look definetely better now and I like the tiles as well :)
    But make sure to add something to that beach area since it's completely empty.
    thanks for the compliment and critisism.
    i already added a beach house and alot of fishermen to the map.
    Spoiler:

-Omega-

Machu Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    It doesn't look very natural when the houses in Sand Stone Desert are surrounded with rock wall.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • It doesn't look very natural when the houses in Sand Stone Desert are surrounded with rock wall.
    The reason they are surrounded in a rock wall is because the people who live there need protection against the constant, brutal sandstorm. So they build around their houses.
    P.S. though i may change it so the houses are in the ground. not above.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
  • The Map Critics

1 is map one 2 is map two and so on.
    1) Looks good
    2) I think on the sand area you should have some beach chairs, and umbrelas with 3 or 4 trainers, and on those spots in the middle of the water, you should put trees on them
    3) Seems kind of long (just make sure that there are trainers along the way then its good)
    4) I think you should put pokeballs(items) were there are deadends.
    5) Looks really complex and going to be fun to go through(but try puting items in the deadends, but only in 2 of them)
    6) Not sure whats going to be on the big rock.... The opening on the top left looks point less(unless there is going to be something happening there) And what is that little dirty green looking shrub on the bottom?
    7) Seems good.
    8) Kind of weird, the sudden change. But if your going to have it, you should make it so that there is a sandstorm, and you need the goggles(or whatever you want to put so you can enter a sandstorm). And you get the goggles from the house in route 3.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • 1 is map one 2 is map two and so on.
    1) Looks good
    2) I think on the sand area you should have some beach chairs, and umbrelas with 3 or 4 trainers, and on those spots in the middle of the water, you should put trees on them
    3) Seems kind of long (just make sure that there are trainers along the way then its good)
    4) I think you should put pokeballs(items) were there are deadends.
    5) Looks really complex and going to be fun to go through(but try puting items in the deadends, but only in 2 of them)
    6) Not sure whats going to be on the big rock.... The opening on the top left looks point less(unless there is going to be something happening there) And what is that little dirty green looking shrub on the bottom?
    7) Seems good.
    8) Kind of weird, the sudden change. But if your going to have it, you should make it so that there is a sandstorm, and you need the goggles(or whatever you want to put so you can enter a sandstorm). And you get the goggles from the house in route 3.
    thanks for the critique.
    as for all the pokeballs and trainers, they are there but i save map picture not the event picture. for the desert there is a sandstorm and the route 3 thing, thats why i put the house there. the beach now has all the stuff you suggested but trainers will be only in the water since you can go there before you get pokemon ( unless i make all their scri- nvm) for map 6.... ill change it since its kinda random.

UPDATE: map 6 will have a shrine or statue to raikou (hence the name of the city.)

Last edited:
    Back