• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silly Moments Of First Pokemon Gaming

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Finding out why my brother had 2 masterballs. Then he caught Mewtwo and proceeded to trade it to a friend who lost their Firered. F*ck.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I was REALLY little playing pokemon red, and when I picked up my first item, since items are shaped like pokeballs, I thought I got a pokemon, so I asked my friend who also played (he was seven so he was a big kid! :P) if I got a squirtle from it.

Omg, I just remembered; When I first got Hitmonchan in red, I hadn't used the PC's yet, but I wanted to use him, so when I saw "release" I thought it meant "release from the computer and put on my team" ... I was so mad I didn't play for a week

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • My first pokemon game was.... Diamond. (I was scared to ask my parents for a pokemon game, idk why.)
    I attempted to power through the game with only my Infernape, I also used Dialga once I got it. Then I had Staraptor, which was pretty decent. That's about it. Needless to say, I sucked. Although it did actually work up until the Pokemon League.

Years
  • When first playing Red I followed some of the type match ups in the anime and felt quite dumb for it later. I also decided to only level up my Squirtle, EVER. Needless to say I DID lose a few Gyms but after a while, Even Surge and Erika went down without a fight.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    My first time through a pokemon game was during gen 1. I started with squirtle and it was pretty much the only thing I used. By the time the game ended blastoise was about lv 80 or 90 while everything else was about lv 20.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • I started playing Pokemon before I was able to read, so I was always confused. I spent about 6 months trying to get out of Viridian City. I also had no idea what any of the moves were called, so I just pressed random buttons and hoped for the best.
    Oh, yeah, and I never battled anyone I didn't have to. I got pretty good at navigating without having to face too many trainers. I'm not sure why I hated trainer battles so much back then, they're my favorite part of the game now.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    In Blue version I didn't know how to leave the house, I was stuck for hours.

thedrakgible

Friging ninja
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2019
    in ruby tought i need surfboard to go in the water i tried found a surfboard about 3 hours

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    In Crystal, got very far in the game and decided to actually look in my PC. I accidently released my Typhlosion and might have saved. (Don't remember) I cried because I adored my Typhlosion. I was ten years old with my first real video game. Yeah, looking back it was funny.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • 1- I Defeated Kyogre in Pokémon Sapphire thinking it would reappear later.
    2- I thought that Pokérus was going to kill my Pokémon so I restarted my game. (I really regret that because all my Pokémon were infected).
    3- I believed the white rock rumor.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I couldn't get out of my house in blue, so I gave up on the game.XD
    I released pokemon with Pokerus because I thought it was bad.
    I deleted my Swampert while trying to clone in Emerald.

TheFangedHunter

Vampire
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Well i
    A) Broke my game in half because a wild Haunter got away from me.
    B) Spent 13 days in a patch of grass training my pokemon to level 50
    C) Released my Gengar becase it had a crap move

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • In my first game, pearl, I only trained my Empoleon and Rapidash. When I got palkia, I trained it, and all the other legendaries because Legendaries are uber cool and powerful. Now, I'm at the league, and my Empoleon's the noly one who stands a chance against Cynthia.

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • On my first play through of yellow my friend told me to catch a pidgeyotto in viridian forest to beat Brock so i did. and then it was the only pokemon i used throughout the whole game.

In the mansion on cinnabar on the same playthrough a muk used minimize and i really wanted it but i thought only the masterball would work cause he was small so i wasted it on him.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I was pretty silly when I first played R/B.

It was my first time having a Gameboy, like most I'm sure, and I actually didn't really notice that there was a Start and Select button. So for like a few days, I didn't know it was possible to save. I would just continually restart, training up a new team and going through the beginning over and over. I think the farthest I got was just before Mt. Moon. I had figured the whole time there should be a way to save, but accepted that maybe there wouldn't be a way because I was a big Sonic fan as well, and Sonic 1 and 2 don't have any saving system at all. Let me tell you, I was amazed upon hitting the start button and seeing "SAVE." XD

I didn't really understand the PC system (I didn't know what withdraw and deposit meant and, for some reason, never though to look it up), so when I put Pokemon in the PC, I pretty much assumed that I would never see them again. Y'see, I tried "withdraw" first and when I saw it did nothing (because there's no Pokemon in the PC), I went to deposit and learned that it got rid of my Pokemon, and then just never checked out withdraw again. Making my team ended up being these huge decisions that I'd have to mull over. XD Again, withdrawing Pokemon out of it blew my mind.

Hmm... what else... Oh! I never nicknamed Pokemon because I had some strange idea that naming the Pokemon can end up changing what species it was. Or something. And upon trying it, and seeing it didn't change the Pokemon, I was still afraid because I thought that the Pokemon wouldn't evolve anymore because it was stuck with the same name.

Andand! I assumed all the stat up and stat down moves didn't do anything. I mean, I didn't see any visible affect so because of that, they obviously did nothing. XD

Poor little me. =[

Back