• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Symphonic Horizon

Who is your favorite main character from the pre-emptive bio and their official artwork

• Vice Braving

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Marissa Brennan

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Eevee

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Krista Harper

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Vivian Vance

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Hiro Monochroma

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Allan Monochroma

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Helena Brennan

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Hopefully when you meant big maps, you didn't mean Zelda-Style big. Something of that magnitude would definitely require a minimap.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Alright, because I could never play the Zelda games without outside help. From what I seen in the videos, doesn't seem like there's any obvious spaces like in some games that attempt to start out in this section. Kinda worried about possible lag with those 3d sprites/models though. It might have been why Luka couldn't work on Blue Chrome anymore, but Pokemon Reborn were able to get their 2+ regions done.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Alright, because I could never play the Zelda games without outside help. From what I seen in the videos, doesn't seem like there's any obvious spaces like in some games that attempt to start out in this section. Kinda worried about possible lag with those 3d sprites/models though. It might have been why Luka couldn't work on Blue Chrome anymore, but Pokemon Reborn were able to get their 2+ regions done.

Not sure what you meant by the first statement, but if you mean by like where you start in the region? Or like where I started in relation to the videos? Well, there is a starting point at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't just throw you into nowhere space without a reason. As for the video starting points, that's just where I started to record, really. Also, Pokemon Reborn had a whole team making the game, I am just one guy making everything, aside from the scripts. Also, I am not all too into the whole multiple region thing, really. That is why I made my region separate continents, that comprises one huge area to explore. There actually isn't too much lag, when it comes to the 3d sprites/models. And, I am not really all to into stationary sprites, so I am mainly going to stick with the 3d ones for now.

Along with that, I also have to direct the manga of the game, so I am really trying to get as much done as I can, and yet make it really presentable.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
This looks like... WOW!
The game has potential. Keep it up!

And a suggestion: For your PWT you should contact another RMXP Pokemon game makers and try to get their permission to have some of their Gym Leaders for the tournament.
Just imagine it, after beating the Champions tournament... BAM! The Reborn/Omicron-Zeta/Godra/Metal/Raptor League leaders unlocked (well, some of them.)

Just think of it.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
This looks like... WOW!
The game has potential. Keep it up!

And a suggestion: For your PWT you should contact another RMXP Pokemon game makers and try to get their permission to have some of their Gym Leaders for the tournament.
Just imagine it, after beating the Champions tournament... BAM! The Reborn/Omicron-Zeta/Godra/Metal/Raptor League leaders unlocked (well, some of them.)

Just think of it.

I really appreciate the kind words, I have been working tirelessly on my game to make sure that this comes out as perfectly as possible!

Thanks a lot for your kind words! I may end up doing that, but in all reality I am not entirely sure if they would let me I will give it a shot, and see what they might say. Chances are slim though.

I like what i see so far keep up the good hard work.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the motivation, I will try my hardest to make sure this game comes out as perfect as can be!

Last edited by a moderator:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I really appreciate the kind words, I have been working tirelessly on my game to make sure that this comes out as perfectly as possible!

Thanks a lot for your kind words! I may end up doing that, but in all reality I am not entirely sure if they would let me ^^; I will give it a shot, and see what they might say. Chances are slim though.

If you'd like to share my game around Pokecommunity, I can always let you use my banner with the code and link provided.

It's a Pokecommunity after all, so why not having a cameo battle on other member's game?

In-topic: I'll do the impossible to unlock the VicexHelena ending.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
It's a Pokecommunity after all, so why not having a cameo battle on other member's game?

Again, I may do that, but later during development. I am currently just working hard at getting my maps finished, and critiqued by AtomicReactor, and finish writing my stupidly long script. So far though, I am making pretty good progress with at least 1-2 maps per day.

Hahah, I take it Helena is your favorite ;) If so, you should vote for her in the character popularity poll

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Finally finished the Fairy Sanctuary, here is a compilation of some of the sanctuary maps and the upcoming Earth Sanctuary. Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated! Also, for those of you who noticed, there is a character popularity poll. Feel free to take a quick second to vote on who your favorite character is! This is for a little experiment that I am also running on Relic Castle, which is a Pokemon Fan Game Board, and it would be greatly appreciated for those of you who stop by to take a quick second and vote.

Additional Update: I just started programming in the Character Abilities for certain characters, starting with Vice's Boosted Growth Ability, and Allan's Time Reversion.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
The maps look very good, especially the last one. My only complaint is the random Pidgeot statues (what is their purpose?) and the way the waterfalls look (especially the ones with the cave openings).

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
The maps look very good, especially the last one. My only complaint is the random Pidgeot statues (what is their purpose?) and the way the waterfalls look (especially the ones with the cave openings).

I knew someone was gonna comment on the Pidgeot statue, but their purpose serves a greater purpose later on in the game as a plot point. Those statues do have a history all in themselves. Yeah I know about the waterfalls, but it's just that I can't seem to find good waterfall autotiles nowadays.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Try making your own. Just do a recolor of those ones and it should look better, and a sprite edit of the cave entrance would make it look better.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Try making your own. Just do a recolor of those ones and it should look better, and a sprite edit of the cave entrance would make it look better.

Possibly, yeah. I do have another set of autotiles which might work beter, but I'll just wait for a bit. For now I am gonna recolor the waterfall so that I can use it as a sandpit, which makes you sink when touched to the floor below. Also, thank you for your input, as I shall try to make as many changes to those waterfalls as I can.

Also, if you haven't already voted, you should vote for your favorite character ;)

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I'll be honest, the story is thorough, the character analysis goes very deep and the tiles you are using are great. This game has some potential.

Unfortunately there is a BUT, and this is that the maps seem a little bland at the moment. This isn't a very big problem as it is easily fixed, the action seems to be happening around the edges of the map and not so much nearer the centre, implying that there needs to be more nearer the centre of the map(s).

I would volunteer to help out with the graphics if you still need the help for spriting, etc, but I have nearly enough time to work on my own fangame.

I wish you the best of luck with this and hope to see a good demo soon.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I'll be honest, the story is thorough, the character analysis goes very deep and the tiles you are using are great. This game has some potential.

Unfortunately there is a BUT, and this is that the maps seem a little bland at the moment. This isn't a very big problem as it is easily fixed, the action seems to be happening around the edges of the map and not so much nearer the centre, implying that there needs to be more nearer the centre of the map(s).

I would volunteer to help out with the graphics if you still need the help for spriting, etc, but I have nearly enough time to work on my own fangame.

I wish you the best of luck with this and hope to see a good demo soon.

Ah, much appreciated for the feedback, if you would like to help critique my maps, so that I could better improve them, I would be more than happy to send some over, to better improve them. I am going to end up polishing these maps once I am finished with the first continents general mapping to better improve the overall quality of the game. Also, as noted in the recent update, these maps are still a work in progress, as I mainly just mapped them to get a general idea of what they will look like, and I will be polishing them all later once the first continent is done.

Once again, thank you for the compliment on the story and characters, as that is what I hope the achieve the most at with my game, making the most story driven and in depth Pokemon Fan-Game to date. I also am trying to convey a feeling of emotion and personality, because I wanted to make a story where the characters reacted and felt what is happening. So, if you'd like for me to send you some of the maps from my game, to better improve them I could send hem via a personal message or whatnot, however, some maps have a style to them, that is intentionally made to be more unorthodox than a traditional Pokemon Game.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Map Update:
70de7efc7c04f49dd3e580596579aa8a.png

This is the finished version of the Earth Sanctuary - Geo Depths: F1 Map. For anyone wondering, the sand that you see is falling from a floor above this one, well, you can't access that floor, but it is implied to be sand falling from the ceiling.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Map Update: Finished the map, and this is the result of my work during my livestream, critiques for this map would be greatly appreciated!:
da68cc9cd3ca80348cdccb4eb0c37be9.png

Also, for those of who have taken the time to vote on your favorite character, thank you very much! For those of you who have not, please do take a small second to vote based on the preliminary artwork and character bios, this is merely for experimentation, and I will be posting another one once the game is released!

Last edited:
Back