• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon Trainer Type Are You?

DarkPokeball1985

When The Moon Eclipse The Sun
Years
  • Hey Pokemon Trainers,

Just wondering what Pokemon trainer "type" are you? What I mean is do you focus on certain type of Pokemon like Misty is with water and Brock with Rock types. And within that type who do you find most effective. Me personally I consider myself an "elemental" Pokemon trainer such as water, fire, electric, and grass types although I enjoy having at least one psychic type as a defense against fighting and ghost type Pokemon as well with Jynx filling that role for my team. Within my elemental Pokemon I consider Primarina to be my most powerful and useful Pokemon as she is fully evolved and the Pokemon with the highest stats and level already in the upper fifties with the remaining Pokemon in their lower fifties in terms of level.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I like using Dragon type pokemon but i learnt the hard way that i need to use type variation in SM and USUM which made it too hard to use a specific type only in my team.

I have at least one Dragon in my team. Zygarde in Sun and Ultra Necrozma in Ultra Sun.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My teams are usually elemental (with the exception of USUM). I usually always have:

Fire, Water, Flying, sometimes Grass, and the other two whatever works. So Im kinda close I guess.

But if I had to be a single typed trainer, I would probably be a flying type trainer.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I like elementally varied teams, water being a must-have. Fire, grass, and, electric are other types I like to include, with fairy also becoming prominently represented. At the same time, I really dislike repeating types, and will actively avoid duplicates.

If I had to use only one type, it would probably be fairy. Be cute, be sweet, slay DRAGONS!

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I use whatever is both strong, and I think is really cool. I really like Ghosts though. So Mimikyu and Gengar are a must for my teams. Plus I like to have as much type coverage as possible.

Basically, I almost never do stat increase moves, or setups. I just pick a strong pokemon, put powerful attacks on it, type coverage and Attack attack attack, and if that doesn't work, my pokemon and the attacks are not strong enough and I need to do that exact same strategy again, but more.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • can't say my teams are biased towards a particular type like most of the NPC trainer classes are, so if anything i'd be an ace trainer. i always use fire, water, typically grass OR electric but not both, psychic, flying, and one extra.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Although it is not common for me to choose a specific type or style of team, I will admit to two styles that I occasionally play whenever I'm playing pokemon.

1. I love the Water type and I love Rain Dance. Mind you, I haven't played an actual Rain Dance team since generation 5, however I love building teams around amazing Water type pokemon all of the time. Almost every Pokemon game I have played, I always pick my Water type Pokemon first and then build the rest of my team around my Water type pokemon.

2. I play obscure gimmicks and strategies. I love how deep the mechanics of Pokemon are, it's one of the main reasons why I'm so obsessed with Pokemon. When I find interesting and obscure battle mechanics, I frequently become obsessed with trying to build an efficient team that focuses on the strange gimmick or mechanic. My most recent example is I built a team focused around abusing Z-Gravity. How often do you see people playing with Gravity in pokemon battles? I just think it's really cool, interesting, and puts a crazy spin on pokemon battles, and that's what I love seeing in pokemon battles.

Years
  • Almost anything in the dragon egg group. I get really excited about any pokemon that remotely has physical attributes of a reptile. Obviously this includes many dragons the Dratini-line, mega Sceptile, mega Charizard, Kingdra and several legendary dragons. However, I keep it in the broadest of terms and Pokemon like Gyarados or Serperior or Tyranitar, Milotic of Lapras with a serpent body or enough horns will steal my heart too. Call me Dragon Tamer Sam.

While you know where my preference lies, at the end of the day I would be willing to train any pokemon if it was good.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I love using Ice-Type moves and had focused on an Ice-Monotype team for a while, but now I also use my favorites (even if they're "weak" or not fully-evolved) and most-cherished Shinies (regardless of their Natures). I still try to give my non-Ice Pokémon Ice-Type moves if they can learn any decent ones, though.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I love using Ice-Type moves and had focused on an Ice-Monotype team for a while, but now I also use my favorites (even if they're "weak" or not fully-evolved) and most-cherished Shinies (regardless of their Natures). I still try to give my non-Ice Pokémon Ice-Type moves if they can learn any decent ones, though.

Yay, more ice type lovers!

Back