• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SypherAP's Music Resources. (Fire Red) UPDATE:5/22/16

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    -Info-
    Here you'll find music resources that you can freely use in your hacks. These will range from original compositions I've made, to arrangements (Not ports.) of known Pokemon themes. These are all made with Sappy, under Fire Red's original instruments.

The goal here is to try and provide new music for those who feel the original OST doesn't quite fit a scenario/situation they've created in their game. And to (of course) try to make the importing process is as painless as possible. Updates will most likely be a somewhat slow process, since these things take time, among other projects I have to attend to. But I plan to make sure new things get added overtime.

I suppose the only thing I can ask for is credit, or to simply leave a link to this thread or my YouTube channel.

Note: Keep in mind you'll have to make some mandatory changes to specific "voices" after you assemble a song using Sappy. Which will be listed under each track.

-Original Music-
    ----
    Last Stretch: (voicegroup offset: 0x0498878)
    - Download(MF) -

This is a arrangement of a song I actually made fairly recently. Thankfully I didn't have many issues with it.

What changes will I need to make in the "Edit Voice Table?"
    Spoiler:

--------

----
    Forest: (voicegroup offset: 0x492BC0)
    - Download(MF) -
    Spoiler:

This is actually a much older song I made for my own hack I never finished/shown years ago. As the name implied it was made for any forest area. But I could see it fitting a lot of other different types of places/situations. I took it and made some changes to make it sound better.

Spoiler:

--------
    -Arranged Music-

--------

----
    UPDATE:5/22/16
    Regi Trio Arranged: (voicegroup offset: 0x0498878)
    - Download(MF) -
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

----

--------

----
    GSC Kanto Gym Leader: (voicegroup offset: 0x0498878)
    - Download(MF) -

There are a lot of GBA versions of this song created by fans. All with their own flavor. This is no different.
    One thing I tried to make sure though, is that it wasn't too brash or loud.
    Spoiler:

--------

If you have any questions, comments, etc. Feel free to leave them.

Last edited:

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
    Years
  • Wow, this kind of resources are really nice. Some people tend to underestimate the power of music on a HackROM, but it makes it unique. Thanks for these music resources and keep going on with this ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    I've updated today with a new track. And I've also removed the MEGA links. So only Mediafire will be used for now.

Songs added: Last Stretch (original)

Wow, this kind of resources are really nice. Some people tend to underestimate the power of music on a HackROM, but it makes it unique. Thanks for these music resources and keep going on with this ;)
    Sorry it took so long to respond. But yeah, I've always felt that way. Music... especially for RPGs can be really important. So Hopefully I'll be able to help expand people's options.

Last edited:

goranthegreat

How do i assemble a s.file in Sappy? GSC Kanto Gym Leader.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    How do i assemble a s.file in Sappy? GSC Kanto Gym Leader.

Under the tasks tab, there is an option to 'assemble song.' From there you can load your .S file. Make sure you use the proper voice-group offset listed on the first post, then follow the "What changes will I need to make in the "Edit Voice Table?"" instructions.

If you're new to pokemon hacking, you need to know that you'll need a separate program to find blank/free space to insert a song into. (Which goes into the base destination offset.)

goranthegreat

I get this error. GSCKanto!: can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion.
    Assembly halted. but i have MPlayDef.s in the same folder as sappy

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    I get this error. GSCKanto!: can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion.
    Assembly halted. but i have MPlayDef.s in the same folder as sappy

Is the S. file you're inserting in the same folder with MPlayDef.s?

The only time I've ever gotten that error is if they weren't.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Question are the songs looped after there assembled or not? If not how would u loop them and good work btw

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    Question are the songs looped after there assembled or not? If not how would u loop them and good work btw

The songs are already set up to loop. The YouTube videos in particular show this, since the audio was recorded in-game.

So there shouldn't be any issues with that.

goranthegreat

i'm getting an error when i try to insert a s.file i made. error#5009, "kanto-grp is undefined" on line 3 .esqu kanto-grp, voicegroup000". sorry don't want to disturb you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    i'm getting an error when i try to insert a s.file i made. error#5009, "kanto-grp is undefined" on line 3 .esqu kanto-grp, voicegroup000". sorry don't want to disturb you.

This particular problem comes up when you create a midi file that has spaces, hyphens, slashes, underscores, etc. Recreate the midi file using only letters, convert it to S. file and it should work.

I don't mind helping (As far as my knowledge goes.) if you're having issues with Sappy in general. But preferably; I wanna keep the troubleshooting to my own files. Most problems/errors I've run into with Sappy, I could find the solution on google fairly quickly.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I dunno why, but your Arranged GSC Kanto Gym Leader music sounds like it has some Cave Story feel to it. I like it. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    It took a while, but I managed to find the time to get something done in between some of the other work I'm doing.

Song(s) added: Regi Trio Arranged

It's nothing fancy, but I wanted to try and make an alternate version of this theme for a while. Since I wasn't particularly fond of the original in RSE. Maybe someone will find some use for it.

I dunno why, but your Arranged GSC Kanto Gym Leader music sounds like it has some Cave Story feel to it. I like it. :3
    Thanks.

That's interesting though, to be honest I've yet to play cave story.

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
    Years
  • I love this new addition :D

I didn't say aniything about that Last Stretch song, but it has something completely recognisable, Smash Bros Brawl Opening Music xDD

I love all of your songs dude, keep going :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    I love this new addition :D

I didn't say aniything about that Last Stretch song, but it has something completely recognisable, Smash Bros Brawl Opening Music xDD

I love all of your songs dude, keep going :D

Ha, I actually didn't realize that. It is pretty close.

Anyway, thanks. I'm glad you like them.

Years
  • How do I insert a song intro Fire Red 1.0? I'm a bit lost here, I have sappy 2006 17.1 and GSCKanto.s, is that all I need?

How and where do I do this?

33: change output device to square wave 2

change the Square Pattern to 3-75.0%

What I first did was open my hack, task, assemble song, choose the GSCKanto.s then change to voicegroup offset to 0x0498878, am I suppose to ''cook it'' now? If I do I get this error: GSCKanto.s:1: Can't find file ''MPlayDef.s'' for inclusion. Assembly halted.

Do I need some other files or put the GSCKanto.s in a specific folder? When I last tried it was just located in my downloads folder.

Would really appreciate some help! :)

Back