• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Are you excited for the Pokemon Sword and Shield dlc or do you think it´s just a total rip off?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
I personally like the coming dlc, you see the price some might hesitate, if they aren´t even completly not buy it. So what do you think? 🤔

redragon94

~dragon~
Years
I think there's always people who are going to be crying no matter what.
Before DLCs were a thing, people used to say they'd love to have extra content for their favourite games. Now when we finally got them, people cry that it's a rip off and it's should be included in the game or released for free. Why would you release something for free when the developers have worked hard very hard to make it as an extra on to of the base game. You can't really ever win 🤷🏽*♂️
I'm personally really excited for it.
Now I'm gonna put it out there, I bought the game when it first came out but I didn't really get stuck into it until quarantine hit. So unlike the people that finished the game months and months ago, it feels new to me and so I'm itching to get new content. So this DLC couldn't come at a better time.
I got over 130 hours off the base game and I'm having fun looking for shinies, breeding strong IVs Pokemon and generally mess around in Gmax raids. This new expansion will certainly breath a bit of fresh air into the game. All in all can't wait.

Also You can buy the pass a little bit cheaper as a prepaid code online. I got mine for £20 off CD keys.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
So true and well I also buyed it right away. I was so hyped because of the trailer I forgot to search for a less expansive variant XD

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
I have to agree I am a college student and have not had a lot of time for games but then quarantine hit and I have gotten sucked into this game and I am having so much fun and think that the dlc is an amazing idea and am so excited for new content with in the base game!

Years
I'm okay with it, not overly excited though I think? I used to get very hyped but have mostly mellowed out over the years when it comes to games aha. Looking forward to seeing what other old mons they'll add to the dex though, and the new forms!

Daymos

RPG Gamer
Years
I'm excited for it!

I feel the game really needs more land to explore and the expansions seem to have some of that. I would be annoyed that I have to 'pay' for more landmass, but I like to get 1 hour per 1 dollar out of my games and I've certainly got that, a solid 200+ hours out of both games combined so far and nowhere near done with them.

Years
I'm looking forward to it! Will be a nice reward to play in the new areas once the ton of exams I'll be taking are through.

Must say, I love it that they're doing DLCs instead of third versions. As someone who never bought the third game and stuck with the first game that I already had, I feel so... included now? Like, I can enjoy the new stuff as well!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I can't say I'm particularly excited, no. I wouldn't say it was a complete ripoff, because I have seen much worse in the gaming industry than this, but it's pretty obvious this is stuff that was deliberately cut out of the main game so it could be sold separately later. I don't really approve of cut content being sold as DLC, and I don't think it's any better than a third version considering the price. By the time you add it all together you're paying for 2 games anyway.

Back