• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Content Creators got slammed by FTC-Mandated Rules

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Apparently such topic like pokemon or anything cartoonish, might hampered and less profitability. Not to mention making the video unsearchable, hidden and does not trigger notification.

This heavily and severely damage any content creators who makes video game playthroughts like Pokemon to be demonetized and loss revenue because targeting issue towards kids/childern

Article: https://nerdist.com/article/youtube-ftc-kids-content-creators-demonetize/

Years
  • This will be interesting, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this does indeed hurt Google. For one, they are already hit with the fact that they broke federal law by collecting data on children, but this now opens up the possibility for creators to leave YouTube, especially if the content isn't being treated equally or is getting unfairly categorized.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I aware of legitimate content creators who makes video for kids may be a threat as well because how blatant the policy is, they be pursuit and lose of source of views and may cut the content that deem wrongly or not so kid friendly nature despite being a gaming or so.

Years
  • I deleted the few videos I made, and am considering leaving the platform entirely. I am just waiting to see if the FTC changes their mind about their plans to enforce COPPA.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Update: Many content creators were upset by this action, there are some channels not about cartoons, but like dogs or cat vidoes. Many popular youtuber under fire because COPPA enforcing all content that either target for kids or not, just wrong move can lead to fatal error

Back