• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • Great, I'll keep them contained to this post as to not flood the thread.

The Rollout tutor in Mauville teaches After You

The Fury Cutter tutor in Verdanturf teaches Endeavor

Well, thanks again for the report.
    To be honest, I had completely forgotten about the move tutors, which is why they haven't been readjusted.

When I load PGE with the Base and use the Move Editor, all the moves that would have Critical Hits (Slash etc) show that they have "No Addtional Effect", and nothing indicating that they are crit moves. When loading my file with G3T Move Editor though, I see the Critical Hit option for move effects (43 or something. — is this just because they read the offsets differently?

The critical chance was added to the coup in another way. Same thing happens with the other moves that have above average critical hit chance.
    The .ini that loads all the names of the new effects added to the base rom via PGE has been updated, so it shows the correct effect for each move.
    On the G3T, this thing wasn't done so it doesn't correctly show the effect of each move.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Ah I see, that makes sense, thought that might be the case. Is there a way I could make more moves crit though? Even if it has to be in a Hex Editor?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    How does the shiny charm work? I don't see it in the items. Do we need to make our own? And if so, which item slot do you have it configured to?

Also, can we edit the rate?

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
  • Ah I see, that makes sense, thought that might be the case. Is there a way I could make more moves crit though? Even if it has to be in a Hex Editor?

To be honest, I never stopped to check it out.
    How does the shiny charm work? I don't see it in the items. Do we need to make our own? And if so, which item slot do you have it configured to?

Also, can we edit the rate?

The Shiny Charm is already inserting into the rom.
    The item's index is 573.
    As for editing the rate, I never tried to check it. I'll check at another time and I'll tell you whether or not it's possible to edit the rate.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    Just in case this helps anyone, the missing Pokemon names in A-map was resolved, I believe, when I changed the Windows language settings to English.

In a completely unrelated matter:

I don't know if this is necessarily specific to this ROM base but the G3T trainer editor only shows trainers up to #742 whereas PGE shows the full 854 trainers.
    Is there a way to get G3T to properly read all of the trainers? I prefer its trainer editor over PGE's.

Li Yun

Years
  • Just in case this helps anyone, the missing Pokemon names in A-map was resolved, I believe, when I changed the Windows language settings to English.

In a completely unrelated matter:

I don't know if this is necessarily specific to this ROM base but the G3T trainer editor only shows trainers up to #742 whereas PGE shows the full 854 trainers.
    Is there a way to get G3T to properly read all of the trainers? I prefer its trainer editor over PGE's.

You can easily change this value through the BPEE.ini ini in the G3T Roms Data folder.

Look for the following in the BPEE.ini ini:
    NumberOfTrainers=742

Change the 742 to 854.
    CTRL + S and then open your rom in G3T and then run the trainer editor. Check the change.

This is weird. Are you using the test.ini available in the attached post file?
    Did you change something in test.ini?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    This is weird. Are you using the test.ini available in the attached post file?
    Did you change something in test.ini?

I am using it, I've made no changes to it, I've downloaded and set everything up twice to make sure I didn't mess anything up and still had the same bug. The bug doesn't occur when I use a standard emerald rom.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    How do I get the Pokémon cry/growls to work? I have looked around for a solution, but I still can not hear them. I love this Rom base by the way it has made my dreams come true!

Li Yun

Years
  • How do I get the Pokémon cry/growls to work? I have looked around for a solution, but I still can not hear them. I love this Rom base by the way it has made my dreams come true!

You will have to import new Cries into it.
    The base rom has no Cry inserted.
    I did this so that whoever is going to use the base rom, feel free to import the cry of your choice into the base rom.

Li Yun

Years
  • Rom base creator so I am in the process of importing cry's for Pokémon and some cry's break the importer

In this case the problem is that the cry was not converted correctly to work in gba. What you can do is look for another cry.
    Right here in the forum you can find cry packs.
    Another place where you can find cry is in the Whack a Hack forum.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    Hello, I've tried to edit trainer Pokemon through PGE, and when i get to the game they don't hold the pokemon they're supposed to, they've some of them but then they bring out some pokemon from other trainers, do you know how could i edit trainers correctly?

Li Yun

Years
  • Hello, I've tried to edit trainer Pokemon through PGE, and when i get to the game they don't hold the pokemon they're supposed to, they've some of them but then they bring out some pokemon from other trainers, do you know how could i edit trainers correctly?

Use the G3T. It has better compatibility with trainers' edition. In addition to having an easy-to-edit design.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Some help here, I put the ROM and .ini in the same folder and they both have the same name.

Li Yun

Years
  • Spoiler:

Some help here, I put the ROM and .ini in the same folder and they both have the same name.

This is weird. I just downloaded the attached file in the post, applied the patch to a vanilla rom and in the end I managed to open the rom perfectly in PGE.
    Make sure you are using the 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan) rom to apply the patch.
    The SHA-256 of this rom is the(if you want to make sure you are using the correct version.):
    A9DEC84DFE7F62AB2220BAFAEF7479DA0929D066ECE16A6885F6226DB19085AF

Back