• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Putin Interviews

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • So, I took 4 hours straight to watch The Putin Interviews in the university library from National Geographic Channel. When I was watching the interview show, I learnt lot of things. Besides, Putin's background , I learnt what the things happened between Russia and US from the 80s till now.

During the 80s, in Afghanistan war, it said that United States would give a cooperate to Russia including fighting terrorists but instead they helped the terrorists for war. Putin said the American partner was trying to use this as a tool for disrupting the political relationship in Russia.

And in present , after Donald Trump was elected as the President of United States, there were rumors that the electoral campaign was hacked by Russian and was ordered by the President of Russia, Putin. Yet, he denied the thing happened and even he knew about that, he didn't really have to defend it as it was insignificant matter for the country. It just merely a tool to reduce the legitimacy of Donald Trump's president legacy.

There are many about these in the interview but I tried not to spoil anything so please do watch, but I really proud of Russia about few things. First, Russia is a country with 15 percent Islam in its total population. The Christians and Islams are lived in the country for decades and there were no reports of racism. Besides, Russia government have no restrictions for people to choose different genders, but they prohibited propaganda from being spread to children, and there's not much restriction about TVs, radios and other medias. Even though there are still lot of people in Russia still facing poverty, at least their GDP is increasing a lot, average wages earned by civilian is increased gradually.

In conclusion, after I watched this interview, it made me think a little. If we think more a bit and look a bit wider about Russia, it just another country. Yet more organised and better than US I think, besides they paid their national debt and also have funds for backups, also they only allocated just less than 50 billion dollars for military defense while US invested about 600 billion dollars for military. I mean that 600 billion dollars could have save the US country for lot of issues, right?

Just watch it, and give it a thought, Thank you.

I realise there is a lot of gramatical errorz , so forgive me about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Without watching the program in particular, I can't say anything other than "lmfao." I guarantee that Russia is definitely not okay with people "choosing" their gender. They haven't even gotten past the "we shouldn't discriminate against gay people" part. I highly doubt they're accepting of trans* people. I'm also 90% sure that they classified transsexualism as a mental disorder and only removed the restrictions it placed on driver's licenses 3 years ago.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Without watching the program in particular, I can't say anything other than "lmfao." I guarantee that Russia is definitely not okay with people "choosing" their gender. They haven't even gotten past the "we shouldn't discriminate against gay people" part. I highly doubt they're accepting of trans* people. I'm also 90% sure that they classified transsexualism as a mental disorder and only removed the restrictions it placed on driver's licenses 3 years ago.

Before the collapse of the Soviet Union the Russians had a fairly mixed - positive history with LBGTQ rights. Lenin outright decriminalised LBGTQ people, Stalin recriminalised homosexuality. Gorbachev, Khrushchev and Yeltsin all returned to the far more sexually/socially liberal views of Lenin.

Post Soviet Russia is a different story.

Back