• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What are some of your favourite memories?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • I mean, you can say if you liked or hated Gen 1, these games were the first ever pokemon games introduced, and were the games that most of the long-time pokemon fans first played. Whether you're building your ultimate team on Pokemon Blue, Red, or Green, or hanging out with your best pal Pikachu in Yellow, they set the tone for the future pokemon adventures!

That being said, what are some of your best / favourite memories from playing the Gen 1 pokemon games, whether they be bad memories, or good memories?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Charmander the cutie pie, who else

the story about how ash meets charmander!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Charmander the cutie pie, who else

the story about how ash meets charmander!
    These threads are about the games though. If you want to talk about Ash and his pok?mon, head over to Pok?mon Anime :D

When I finally found the Power Plant on my, like, third playthrough, I felt like the game was vastly bigger than I thought. Haha.

I also remember all the times I lost to my rival in the Silph building.... It was the scariest part of the game tbh.

Oh, and that time I beat the E4 with pok?mon hardly over Lv 40. I had learned the E4 teams by heart and had exact strategies for how to beat them with what pok?mon and moves, so I didn't need them to be equally strong :D

Years
  • I loved to watch my siblings play! I was too young to understand English but all the Pokémon looked so cool. When I actually played I did the MissingNo glitch, pumped my party 100lv and was so proud when I became the champion! lol

The music is very dear to me as it brings back so many memories. I think my brothers made up some lyrics for the early routes music and I still sing to it. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Always going to the Pewter City Pokémon Center and listening to Jigglypuff's song!

Years
  • Two words. Vermillion City.

The music is my favorite town theme, and I love port/harbor towns. Could just imagine the beaches, the French waiters on the ship, and the man who looooooves his Rapidash!

"The ship set sail."

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Beating Blaine's Arcanine with the Venusaur I had traded over. Of course it was a higher level than his Pokemon, the only reason it was able to survive but I'll never forget the first time I pulled an Ash and just threw logic to the wayside and still won.

Back