Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow

Male
Skyloft
Seen February 15th, 2020
Posted November 27th, 2018
2,610 posts
9.7 Years
First off and most importantly is that everyone posts a picture of a pond in the main thread along with a caption as fast as they can to avoid anyone from our team getting eliminated.

Other than that, just use this thread to post answers/ideas to what might be the answer to one of the questions. I don't think we should rush it, since getting the answers right does matter the most here, but if we can get the list sent in fast then that'd be great.

Questions:

Spoiler:

1. What two Pokemon Powers available to Lanturn are similar?
2. How many more cards were in the "Everyones Exciting Battle" promo set than "National Beginning?"
3. What's the only card in the Supreme Victors set with a retreat cost of four and a resistance?
4. What card in a Japanese set reduces damage done to the card holder by 20?
5. How are "Next Destinies" Zebstrika and "Dark Explorers" Raikou EX similar?
6. What weakness does Base Gastly have?
7. What card came bundled with the movie "Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" DVD?
8. What card changes the holder's type to Colorless?
9. What Pokemon's Pokemon Power allows them to disregard the rule that you may only attach one energy card per phase?
10. What Pokemon is unique in the "Jungle" expansion and why?

For the first one, I'm pretty sure it's Floodlight and Blinding Light. Both are put into effect under the same conditions, the only differences are that Floodlight paralyzes the target, whereas Blinding Light confuses the target.
Not removing this from my signature!

Advertiser Content

Wobbu

Drag a needle on the good today

Male
Stardew Valley
Seen August 28th, 2016
Posted August 28th, 2016
2,793 posts
8.1 Years
2x Fighting weakness; both Electric type, their attacks require the same energy costs; both of their second attacks involve discarding all Electric energy and doing X amount of damage to one of the opponent's benched Pokémon.l; both have no resistance.

7. What card came bundled with the movie "Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" DVD?

Mew - ex Holon Phantoms 111/110 (non-holographic)

My Favorite Song

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 19
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018
Posted February 21st, 2015
10. What Pokemon is unique in the Jungle expansion and why?

I remember this one well. There was this 1st Edition Promo Pikachu card that was so rare that everyone wanted it. I heard it was there accidentally and since statistics pointed out that 1 out of 10 boxes there was that card, getting it was the goal of many card collectors, including my brother. I'm still reeling in the rest, but that's the only one I know from the top of my head.
Train them please!

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
Previously, Logical Cabbage
RP Participation
Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 19
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018

I was looking over my collection of cards and found that card. Gastly originally had no weakness or retreat cost, just resistance to fighting. See, looking over cards does help.
Train them please!

RP Participation

Wobbu

Male
Stardew Valley
Seen August 28th, 2016
Posted August 28th, 2016
2,793 posts
8.1 Years
9. What Pokemon's Pokemon Power allows them to disregard the rule that you may only attach one energy card per phase?
Blastoise - Base Set 2/102
Pokémon Power: Rain Dance
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 Water Energy card to 1 of your Water Pokémon. (This doesn't use up your 1 energy card attachment for the turn.) This power can't be used if Blastoise is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

I don't know if that's it, but it does ignore the one energy per turn rule.

My Favorite Song

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 19
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018
It should be it... I was considering saying this but I wasn't sure if Rain Dance would count since it was only for water energy. Hopefully that's it. Our best bet is to get these answers quickly before Team Ludicolo... One challenge they one and suddenly we are in danger. We must beat them.
Train them please!

RP Participation

curelixir

Age 23
Male
Arizona
Seen February 3rd, 2020
Posted May 18th, 2019
2,043 posts
7.4 Years
Submerge and Underwater Dive, I think. And Olli, Floodlight and Blinding Light are moves, not Pokemon Powers.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lanturn_(Neo_Revelation_32)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lanturn_(Unleashed_86)
Both change Lanturn's type to Water until the end of the player's turn.

2. How many more cards were in the "Everyones Exciting Battle" promo set than "National Beginning?"
13, if I counted correctly. Not including energy cards, which are unnumbered.

3. What's the only card in the Supreme Victors set with a retreat cost of four and a resistance?
Rhyperior
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rhyperior_(Supreme_Victors_10)
jump into the abyss with me

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen January 15th, 2020
Posted December 21st, 2019
6,892 posts
9.6 Years
So that leaves question four and question eight. Google doesn't seem to be helping me much with those. They're obviously both trainer cards, and if they're new enough, Pokémon Tools. Sadly I'm not very well versed in the Pokémon TCG; I have some cards and I have an understanding of how to play, but I don't keep up with it. Now, if this were the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG. . . .

I think the answer to number four might be Buffer Piece. I'm not sure.
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Wobbu

Male
Stardew Valley
Seen August 28th, 2016
Posted August 28th, 2016
2,793 posts
8.1 Years
Well, the Buffer Piece has appeared in multiple English sets, but it seems like it has only appeared in one Japanese set, named Rulers of the Heavens. It's called まもりのかけら (A Piece of Defense) and is card no. 054/054. I think that's about right according to question four.

まもりのかけら (A Piece of Defense) Rulers of the Heavens 054/054

My Favorite Song

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 19
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018
This is all too complex, but we have to think of something fast. Hopefully Team Ludicolo is struggling more than us.
Train them please!

RP Participation

Wobbu

Male
Stardew Valley
Seen August 28th, 2016
Posted August 28th, 2016
2,793 posts
8.1 Years
Pokémon Power: Submerge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may change Lanturn's type to until the end of your turn. This power can't be used if Lanturn is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed. If Lanturn becomes Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed after you have used this power, its type changes back to .

Underwater Dive
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this power. Lanturn's type is until the end of your turn. This power can't be used if Lanturn is affected by a Special Condition.

13, if Guildmaster Wigglytuff counted correctly. Not including energy cards, which are unnumbered.

Rhyperior (Supreme Victors 10/147)

まもりのかけら - A Piece of Defense (Rulers of the Heavens 054/054)

2x Fighting weakness; both Electric type, their attacks require the same energy costs; both of their second attacks involve discarding all Electric energy and doing X amount of damage to one of the opponent's benched Pokémon; both have no resistance.

None

Mew (ex Holon Phantoms 111/110) [non-holographic]

8. What card changes the holder's type to Colorless?
Crystal Shard (Skyridge 122/144) (ex Deoxys 85/107) (ex Crystal Guardians 76/100)
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon's type is . If that Pokémon attacks, discard this card at the end of the turn.

Blastoise - Base Set 2/102
Pokémon Power: Rain Dance
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 Water Energy card to 1 of your Water Pokémon. (This doesn't use up your 1 energy card attachment for the turn.) This power can't be used if Blastoise is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

10. What Pokemon is unique in the Jungle expansion and why?
Pikachu?
Mr Mime?

@Logical Cabbage I don't think the Pikachu card is what we're looking for since it's a promo and not actually from the Jungle set... However, Mr. Mime is the only Psychic type in the set, which is something unique.

My Favorite Song

Zeffy

g'day

Male
Seen July 14th, 2019
Posted November 4th, 2018
6,395 posts
11 Years
I, uhh, I didn't get to post a pond due to...irl complications. I guess this is where I'll be taking my leave now, haha. I was part of a lovely team anyway, so it's worth it.

Best of luck on the other challenges (if there are still some). #teamspheal #plswin #don'tlose

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 27
Female
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted July 26th, 2019
35,953 posts
14.4 Years
k this is bad, they're ahead by 3 members. from now on guys we can't lose at ALL. LET'S DO THIS. let's study up on every thing ever possible. WE CAN DO IT WE'RE TEAM SPHEAL C:

Christos

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted December 16th, 2019
6,370 posts
14.1 Years
Well that was way too short. It looks like Antemortem is just trying to get this over with, lol.

I'm sorry for not sending the PM in time but I thought we had one more hour and my internet access is terrible and will still be for a few more hours.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 22
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen January 17th, 2020
Posted July 15th, 2019
6,372 posts
9.3 Years
wow this challenge was really a slasher D: good thing i still posted a pond pic at the last minute. :(

now, it's hard to choose who to eliminate :(

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen January 15th, 2020
Posted December 21st, 2019
6,892 posts
9.6 Years
oh my god, the challenge is over already? Whoa whoa whoa. That was brutal. I didn't realize it was ending this soon, otherwise I would've tried to get a bit more done. Damn. Now we need to vote someone off, too? This just stinks. >.>;
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 19
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018
I'm starting to think they want us to lose... This just might be a set up. Still though, this sucks.
Train them please!

RP Participation

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
10,437 posts
15.8 Years
holy ♥♥♥♥ we got WRECKED
tbh the time limit on that thing was horrendously short for what we were meant to do and ofc really tight for people in diff time zones and really unfair to people who happened to have somethig to do yesterday :(
speaking of, sorry i couldnt do any research for tcg things. i know a lot about a lot of thibgs but that aint one of them and holy lord it took me fifteen minutes to get a pond i cant look anything up if it's not covered by my pokedex :( :( hopefully this next bit will be something i know

curelixir

Age 23
Male
Arizona
Seen February 3rd, 2020
Posted May 18th, 2019
2,043 posts
7.4 Years
Ouch. We lost a bunch of teammates. That's definitely not good. I agree with you guys, that time limit was really short. Hopefully the next challenge will be more successful for us.
jump into the abyss with me

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow

Male
Skyloft
Seen February 15th, 2020
Posted November 27th, 2018
2,610 posts
9.7 Years
I reckon the main problem with this challenge is that we can no longer just vote off people who haven't been active or hasn't contributed since they were all eliminated. So at this point, I'd say just vote for whomever you think should be eliminated, since it's gonna be hard to come to a mutual agreement on who should be eliminated.

I also think we're starting to reach the point where the challenges become individual rather than team-oriented, since we're falling so short on members for both teams, so if that's gonna be the case for the next challenge, good luck to everyone.
Not removing this from my signature!

Advertiser Content