• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 6: TCG

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
First off and most importantly is that everyone posts a picture of a pond in the main thread along with a caption as fast as they can to avoid anyone from our team getting eliminated.

Other than that, just use this thread to post answers/ideas to what might be the answer to one of the questions. I don't think we should rush it, since getting the answers right does matter the most here, but if we can get the list sent in fast then that'd be great.

Questions:

Spoiler:

For the first one, I'm pretty sure it's Floodlight and Blinding Light. Both are put into effect under the same conditions, the only differences are that Floodlight paralyzes the target, whereas Blinding Light confuses the target.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
5. How are "Next Destinies" Zebstrika and "Dark Explorers" Raikou EX similar?
2x Fighting weakness; both Electric type, their attacks require the same energy costs; both of their second attacks involve discarding all Electric energy and doing X amount of damage to one of the opponent's benched Pokémon.l; both have no resistance.

7. What card came bundled with the movie "Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" DVD?

Mew - ex Holon Phantoms 111/110 (non-holographic)

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
10. What Pokemon is unique in the Jungle expansion and why?

I remember this one well. There was this 1st Edition Promo Pikachu card that was so rare that everyone wanted it. I heard it was there accidentally and since statistics pointed out that 1 out of 10 boxes there was that card, getting it was the goal of many card collectors, including my brother. I'm still reeling in the rest, but that's the only one I know from the top of my head.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
6. What weakness does Base Gastly have?

I was looking over my collection of cards and found that card. Gastly originally had no weakness or retreat cost, just resistance to fighting. See, looking over cards does help.

Wobbu

Years
9. What Pokemon's Pokemon Power allows them to disregard the rule that you may only attach one energy card per phase?
Blastoise - Base Set 2/102
Pokémon Power: Rain Dance
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 Water Energy card to 1 of your Water Pokémon. (This doesn't use up your 1 energy card attachment for the turn.) This power can't be used if Blastoise is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

I don't know if that's it, but it does ignore the one energy per turn rule.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
It should be it... I was considering saying this but I wasn't sure if Rain Dance would count since it was only for water energy. Hopefully that's it. Our best bet is to get these answers quickly before Team Ludicolo... One challenge they one and suddenly we are in danger. We must beat them.

Years
1. What two Pokemon Powers available to Lanturn are similar?
Submerge and Underwater Dive, I think. And Olli, Floodlight and Blinding Light are moves, not Pokemon Powers.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lanturn_(Neo_Revelation_32)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lanturn_(Unleashed_86)
Both change Lanturn's type to Water until the end of the player's turn.

2. How many more cards were in the "Everyones Exciting Battle" promo set than "National Beginning?"
13, if I counted correctly. Not including energy cards, which are unnumbered.

3. What's the only card in the Supreme Victors set with a retreat cost of four and a resistance?
Rhyperior
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rhyperior_(Supreme_Victors_10)

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Yeahh I just saw the Pokemon Power at the top and assumed it was both. I really shouldn't be doing this challenges so late, but guess it can't really be helped.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So that leaves question four and question eight. Google doesn't seem to be helping me much with those. They're obviously both trainer cards, and if they're new enough, Pokémon Tools. Sadly I'm not very well versed in the Pokémon TCG; I have some cards and I have an understanding of how to play, but I don't keep up with it. Now, if this were the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG. . . .

I think the answer to number four might be Buffer Piece. I'm not sure.

Wobbu

Years
Well, the Buffer Piece has appeared in multiple English sets, but it seems like it has only appeared in one Japanese set, named Rulers of the Heavens. It's called まもりのかけら (A Piece of Defense) and is card no. 054/054. I think that's about right according to question four.

4. What card in a Japanese set reduces damage done to the card holder by 20?
まもりのかけら (A Piece of Defense) Rulers of the Heavens 054/054

Wobbu

Years
1. What two Pokemon Powers available to Lanturn are similar?
Pokémon Power: Submerge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may change Lanturn's type to
20px-Water-attack.png
until the end of your turn. This power can't be used if Lanturn is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed. If Lanturn becomes Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed after you have used this power, its type changes back to
20px-Lightning-attack.png

Pokepower.png
Underwater Dive

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this power. Lanturn's type is
20px-Water-attack.png
until the end of your turn. This power can't be used if Lanturn is affected by a Special Condition.

2. How many more cards were in the "Everyones Exciting Battle" promo set than "National Beginning?"
13, if Guildmaster Wigglytuff counted correctly. Not including energy cards, which are unnumbered.

3. What's the only card in the Supreme Victors set with a retreat cost of four and a resistance?
Rhyperior (Supreme Victors 10/147)

4. What card in a Japanese set reduces damage done to the card holder by 20?
まもりのかけら - A Piece of Defense (Rulers of the Heavens 054/054)

5. How are "Next Destinies" Zebstrika and "Dark Explorers" Raikou EX similar?
2x Fighting weakness; both Electric type, their attacks require the same energy costs; both of their second attacks involve discarding all Electric energy and doing X amount of damage to one of the opponent's benched Pokémon; both have no resistance.

6. What weakness does Base Gastly have?
None

7. What card came bundled with the movie "Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" DVD?
Mew (ex Holon Phantoms 111/110) [non-holographic]

8. What card changes the holder's type to Colorless?
Crystal Shard (Skyridge 122/144) (ex Deoxys 85/107) (ex Crystal Guardians 76/100)
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon's type is
20px-Colorless-attack.png
. If that Pokémon attacks, discard this card at the end of the turn.

9. What Pokemon's Pokemon Power allows them to disregard the rule that you may only attach one energy card per phase?
Blastoise - Base Set 2/102
Pokémon Power: Rain Dance
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 Water Energy card to 1 of your Water Pokémon. (This doesn't use up your 1 energy card attachment for the turn.) This power can't be used if Blastoise is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

10. What Pokemon is unique in the Jungle expansion and why?
Pikachu?
Mr Mime?

@Logical Cabbage I don't think the Pikachu card is what we're looking for since it's a promo and not actually from the Jungle set... However, Mr. Mime is the only Psychic type in the set, which is something unique.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I know nothing about TCG but I can send the PM once we've decided on the answers.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I, uhh, I didn't get to post a pond due to...irl complications. I guess this is where I'll be taking my leave now, haha. I was part of a lovely team anyway, so it's worth it.

Best of luck on the other challenges (if there are still some). #teamspheal #plswin #don'tlose

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
k this is bad, they're ahead by 3 members. from now on guys we can't lose at ALL. LET'S DO THIS. let's study up on every thing ever possible. WE CAN DO IT WE'RE TEAM SPHEAL C:

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Well that was way too short. It looks like Antemortem is just trying to get this over with, lol.

I'm sorry for not sending the PM in time but I thought we had one more hour and my internet access is terrible and will still be for a few more hours.

Wobbu

Years
I thought we still had a whole day until the deadline :o This challenge went by fast...

To make things worse, all of our remaining members are really contributive, and losing any of us will actually affect the team :\

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
wow this challenge was really a slasher D: good thing i still posted a pond pic at the last minute. :(

now, it's hard to choose who to eliminate :(

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
oh my god, the challenge is over already? Whoa whoa whoa. That was brutal. I didn't realize it was ending this soon, otherwise I would've tried to get a bit more done. Damn. Now we need to vote someone off, too? This just stinks. >.>;

Back