• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Fairy

Which are your favorite Fairy types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I just love the Azumarill line. They're cute, Azumarill's amazing in competitive, and they have a sweet typing. I like Mawile because...well, it was an old Pokemon nobody really cared about before Generation V. That was when it got Sheer Force as a Hidden Ability, but it still remained outclassed and forgotten.

Then, X and Y came about, and so did the Mega Evolution mechanic and the Fairy typing...

...and this Pokemon became a fan favourite. Its Mega Evolution's among the strongest, packing a 105 base Attack stat (that's a 339 total Attack stat at maximum EVs + beneficial Atk nature) and Huge Power, meaning that its raw 339 Attack becomes an absolutely scary 678 Attack, higher than the likes of Mega Mewtwo X - the current Pokemon with the highest base Attack, at 190 (526 raw Atk at max + beneficial nature).

In short and non-technical lingo, Mega Mawile hurts. 'nuff said. Along with its sheer power, Mawile itself is why I picked it as a favourite. It's got a unique appearance, and its Pokedex entry intrigues me as its venus flytrap-like head thing was originally just a horn. I also like how Mawile jumped from being a worthless Pokemon to something loved with just 2 changes. Azumarill's very much the same, being a competitive favourite since Gen IV, then Gen VI giving it a Fairy typing and Belly Drum + Aqua Jet to use made it even better.

The Fairy type definitely has some scary cuties like Azumarill, and unknown (well, not so much anymore) threats like Mawile. Definitely one of my more favoured types.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Togekiss is my favourite Fairy type, but because I'm not mad of Togetic at all, I couldn't vote for that line alone, so I also went with Cottonee and Whimsicott.

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
You for got the Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir. Or was that done on purpose?

I like all the Fairies! <3

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I love them all, especially Clefairy, Jifflypuff, Azumarill, Florges, Mawile and Diancie!

Years
Azumarill is my #1 pic here. As i've said many a times, I like it because it went from a total joke with nothing redeeming at all to (arguably) one of the best Pokémon in the game. It hits like a boss.

I also chose Whimsicott, Florgés, Sylveon, Klefki and Xerneas but sadly I didn't see Gardevoir otherwise I would have voted that. Too lazy to write out reasons this time, sorry. (Sometimes I don't feel like writing them out, others I do, it's weird)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Fairies, slowly going up in my favorite types - so far out of the few fairies out there, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff...

out of all fairies, Sylveon is my main choice, it's cute and its an Eeveelution.

Years
Even though I have a great attachment to my Latias in-game, I voted Granbull. Something about it, I really enjoyed levelling mine, even though (imo) there's nothing too too special about it. Not sure.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
I can't vote in this poll. My favorite Fairy-type was completely omitted. This is such a disappointment. Poor Gardevoir.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Whimsicott wins this hands down. The first point about this is going to be about typing and aesthetics. Grass/Fairy really ties in well with it's overall design, and it's always been a great pokemon aesthetically.

It can hold it's own comeptitvely too. iirc, it enjoyed a brief stint in OU, and still sees decent UU (and even OU) usage because of its wonderful Prankster ability and access to great moves that compliments this ability like Memento, Taunt, Leech Seed and the like.

Love for Whimsicott! xD

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Azumarill, because of Belly Drum. Sylveon, because it's an eevolution. And Xerneas, cause it looks so freaking beautiful.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Fairy types before XY don't really seem like true Fairy types to me since that wasn't their original type, so I only voted for Kalos Pokémon. I voted for Dedenne, Carbink, and Xerneas.

Don't drop that Dedenne, ayy! Anyone who has watched that video probably voted for Dedenne. Also it's amazing in the anime. Carbink doesn't really look useful and it isn't lol, but I still like it because it's a living cluster of ores. Also voted for Xerneas since the Christmas light horns are too awesome.

Years
Hard to believe that we're already 2/3rds of the way through the main portion of the FPT! This was another solid week of voting, with more than 300 of you picking your favorite Pokemon of each type.

From the start of the week, it was a fairy close race at the top, but repeating as the Fairy type champions this year are Togepi, Togetic and Togekiss! For their victory, they've earned their spots in the finale later this year. Coming in second place was Sylveon, who'll be added to one of the wild card polls prior to the finale, in hopes of claiming one of the final two spots.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results of this week's Fighting-type poll, too. The next set of polls will be up tomorrow afternoon (pacific time), so come back then to get your vote on!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Huh, I missed the poll. Oops :x Anyways, Mawile makes for a really cool addition to the Fairy type world. Wigglytuff, Whimsicott and Mime Jr are exceptionally cute and Xerneas is a badass legendary. Those would have been my votes ;)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 4, 2015
Just realized this was over, but this is my vote, anyway.

Klefki is the greatest Fairy-type, by far, in my opinion. It is a drop-dead-adorable Fairy-type and it's a keychain!

Only Pokemon can make a keychain cute!

Last edited:
Back