• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Levea Stall

Years
  • Greetings it is Levea here again with another team i had built recently. Iast time i had posted a bulky Offense team so this time i decided to post an intolerable Stall team that i made. I made the team when i had become bored of building the usual types of teams and decided to expand my building of
    play-styles. I have found some success but i have not used the team as much outside of ladder and as usual i am willing to hear what people think of the team. The highest peak on ladder that i had made with this was 1600 from 1100 since i do not ladder as much unless I am testing and i have not played in too many room tours as of late to really test this there. One thing I do want to say however is that Stall is a match up pick outside of ladder play in my honest opinion. without dragging on this intro i will begin explaining the team.

Also Pictures are just a small joke of sorts since April fools is around the corner if the pictures in any are a detriment to the RMT I will replace them.
    Spoiler: some music if you wish as you read

I do not own this just letting you know.

XaQDtwh.png

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Recover
    - Knock Off
    - Protect
    - Will-O-Wisp

Mega Sableye, This mon is the face of Full stall and a frustrating mon to deal with for some to deal with sableye has a great defensive typing in Ghost/Dark being weak only to Fairy. It's ability magic bounce redirects moves such as stealth rock and other status moves and is used as a switch in to common hazard setters like Landorus-T and Ferrothorn to bounce back their rocks/spikes. Prankster is the only ability sableye should have before mega evolving as it allows sableye to burn physical attackers on turn one with Will-O-Wisp. A careful nature with max investment in SpDef is for better taking special attacks. Recover is to heal sableye throuhout the course of the game and Knock off removes items from mons. Protect is always used over moves such as fakeout to safely Mega-evolve in front of Fairies and is useful for both protection and moveset scouting for determining what to switch in to wall the mon. Will-O is for crippling physical attackers.

RGJN2WW.png

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect

Next i needed a mon that that could provide healing to the team so that the team does not get worn down i also needed a ground check and Alomomola not only does that but it has a really big health stat and a great ability in regenerator to keep itself healthy. Rocky helmet is chosen over leftovers for two reasons: one, it has healing in the form of Wish + protect and Regenerator, Two, Rocky helmet chips down physical attackers like Garchomp and Tandorus-T when they make contact. Max HP and Max defense is to stomach physical attacks as effectively as possible. Scald is used for it's chance to spread burns on common switch ins that would "Intend" to set up or hit and run. Toxic is here for crippling anything that is not immune to it. Wish is used to pass HP to either itself or its teammates like heatran which has no form of recovery outside of leftovers. Protect is to safely gain the health from wish in a dangerous situation or if you just want to sit there.

ka0zGRh.png

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Toxic

Chansey is a staple on every stall team this mon is used as a switch in to all special attackers with its really large HP stat. Eviolite is mandatory on all chansey builds as it raises both of chansey's defensive stats by 1.5x allowing to not only wall 99% of special attackers but also wall a few physical attackers if the situation mandates it. Bold nature with max hp and max defense is used to patch up its defense stat and make it as bulky as possible. Natural Cure is Chansey's only ability and it is a good one because it allows Chansey to heal of it's status by switching out which will be done very often. Heal bell was placed on chansey because most if not all heavy stall teams need a way to heal off status and since chansey can just sit there it is a really good user of it. Seismic Toss is chansey's best attacking move since it hits rather weakly with anything else and Toss will always do 100 HP in damage to its target. Softboiled is so that chansey can heal itself. Toxic is used so that mons such as Mega-Latias cannot use it as set-up fodder and to just cripple things.

2Fe5uQJ.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Defog
    - Discharge
    - Heat Wave
    - Roost

The next thing i needed for this team was another means of hazard prevention/removal, a switch in to Kartana, and a ground immunity. Zapdos can do all of those really well with a bold nature with 240 defense, 248 HP and 20 speed. Pressure is used over Static so that that i can waste my opponents time and run them out of PP in their 8PP moves or force struggle if i need to. Defog is used to remove any hazards that Sableye fails to bounce back and discharge can be replaced with thunderbolt if needed but paralysis can be useful at certain times. Heat wave is here to remove Kartana and any other fire weak mons from the game. Roost keeps Zapdos healthy as it preforms it's role.

7QRywPu.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Toxic
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rocks

Another thing i needed on this stall team was a hazard setter, a Lele check, and a koko check and i figured Spedef Tran can fill this role well as its great typing allows it to take very little from Lele unless it has Focus Blast and stomach some hits from non-Z-Wild charge Tapu Koko and either set up hazards or remove the latter with earth power or the former with lava plume or toxic. Calm nature with max investment in its HP and Spdef stat allows Tran to wall a myriad of special attackers and dish damage back. Flash Fire grants a fire immunity. Earth Power allows Heatran to hit ground weak mons and rarely one vs. one other Heatran. Lava plume is preffered over Magma storm due to having more PP and a very valuable burn chance that can cripple common swtich ins such as Landorus-T and Zygarde. Toxic is here for instantaneous Status and punishing mons not weak to burns. Stealth Rocks were needed so i placed them on Heatran.

l5oYkT2.png

Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Toxic

The final mon that i needed was a way to out set-up sweepers such as Charizard X and a way to out Z-Wild Charge Tapu Koko and with a great defensive typing in water/Ground being only weak to grass it can check Koko. Unaware makes it so that the opponents stat boosts mean nothing when damage is calculated allowing it to wall Many set-up sweepers that hit on the physical side. Max HP and Max Def with an Impish nature makes it as bulky as possible. Earthquake is run on Quagsire over Earth Power so that it can secure successful ko's on Heatran and Koko, Scald is here to burn switch in's, Recover is to increase longevity, and Toxic cripples things.

Weaknesses​
    - Hoopa-U - Playing against this is extremely hard especially if it carries Nasty plot + psyshock if it does just click X. if it is banded there is some chance to win but one has to play really smart, land a toxic, and pivot in and out with defensive mons if the team gets overwhelmed too much before the poison does it in, it is a loss depending on how late or early game it is.

- Sub Toxic Zygarde with set up - If it subs, hypothetically there is nothing that can be done.

- Sub Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados - Zapdos is the only answer so getting this in before it sets up too much is the way to beat it ( and not get flinched down by waterfall)

- Vincune - This variant of suicune is hard to deal with if it gets a substitute up Calm Mind + Pressure is a stall breaking combination for the team unless it is poisoned on the switch.

Spoiler: Team

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Recover
    - Knock Off
    - Protect
    - Will-O-Wisp

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Regenerator
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Defog
    - Discharge
    - Heat Wave
    - Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Toxic
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rocks

Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Toxic

Some replays
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-726579081
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-726574185
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-726567808
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-726571905

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The 3 problem 'mons you mentioned are all basically checked by Koko or Scarf Lele, so they may be worth trying to fit in somewhere (Koko with Defog would be the easiest to fit in, swap with Zapdos).

idk if those specifically would be a good idea, but I just think that it's immensely difficult to run a 6 stall 'mon team these days is all--need to have at least one non-stall thing on your team imo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The 3 problem 'mons you mentioned are all basically checked by Koko or Scarf Lele, so they may be worth trying to fit in somewhere (Koko with Defog would be the easiest to fit in, swap with Zapdos).

idk if those specifically would be a good idea, but I just think that it's immensely difficult to run a 6 stall 'mon team these days is all--need to have at least one non-stall thing on your team imo.

I see what your point is, The issue that i would see at least in my mind is that none of those mons can switch in on them and with lele one would also have to confirm that it is nasty plot hoopa as switching it in on Hyperspace fury will faint it. which would be an issue, Hoopa can live anything from these mons unless lele is specs (or rocks are up then it is a damage roll) or koko is Z-wild charge which in that case running defog is hard as koko is too frail to risk staying in on something to clear off hazards and zygarde just clicks a move and hurts lele or kills koko and swaps out or continues setting up. Gyarados would substitute turn one and begin dragon dancing since prankster bounces off mega-Gyarados and with gyarados, zapdos can switch in on gyarados ( or make a 50-50 play and lead with it) and take one or two waterfalls while koko and lele fall to waterfall spam. To respond a bit better to the last part of the post, I have seen and played stalls in which there is an offensive mon Ex. Weavile, Dugtrio, Volcarona etc. and yes that philosophy in team-building is not wrong when it comes to stall in my opinion. It can definitely work, however when i built the stall i attempted to follow a rubric in a sense or checklist of mandatory things to cover and have and i did not believe that those would offer anything defensively I know weavile can literally kill off many mons i mentioned and trap a few others however replacing something with it means i risk losing to something else or losing a vital aspect to the team and at times it would not be able to come in unless one makes a really skillful predict or a mon faints which is not something one would want to have happen in the first place. By having six walls i (at least in my opinion) have a better chance at walling out certain threats rather than run the Risk vs. Reward game.
    I do thank you for your suggestion and i will keep it mind.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • You'll never cover everything, so don't try. There's too much. cover the majority of the meta and do your best to play around what you can't.

Is Nasty Plot Hoopa even that common?

Years
  • You'll never cover everything, so don't try. There's too much. cover the majority of the meta and do your best to play around what you can't.

Is Nasty Plot Hoopa even that common?

No, it is not common as hoopa is not as good at the moment but during my day of testing I ran into several hoopa-U at least one of them was Nasty plot + Psyshock so figured it was worth a mention.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is SD Kartana a problem to this team? I feel like something like SD/Leaf Blade/Knock/Sacred Sword + Grass Z (or Fight Z) beats your team if they get the double on Chansey or Quag, and it's on you to outplay them. I know Zapdos is a good switch-in, but it's forced to Roost every time else risk getting blown back by Z move. Do you just try to stall them out with Pressure first? Or do you think Static is better? What do you lose out on if you switch to Static?

Years
  • Is SD Kartana a problem to this team? I feel like something like SD/Leaf Blade/Knock/Sacred Sword + Grass Z (or Fight Z) beats your team if they get the double on Chansey or Quag, and it's on you to outplay them. I know Zapdos is a good switch-in, but it's forced to Roost every time else risk getting blown back by Z move. Do you just try to stall them out with Pressure first? Or do you think Static is better? What do you lose out on if you switch to Static?

Kartana in my opinion could have the potential to be an issue however the only Kartana set that would be an issue to the team would be swords dance + Darkinium-Z ( Z-Night slash) which is extremely rare from what i know of and i have not seen too many Grassium sets as of late. Zapdos survives any resisted Z-move provided that the Kartana is not at +4 and has not taken prior damage.
    +2 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 198-233 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers
    +4 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 296-349 (77.2 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    +2 252 Atk Kartana Bloom Doom (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 297-349 (77.5 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    +2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 317-373 (82.7 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

assuming Zapdos is at full and rocks are not up, it is guaranteed to take one Z-move from kartana unless it crits.

For pressure, when i designed the team i had used pressure assuming that Discharges 30% paralysis chance would cover the loss of static since the only moves that really target Zapdos are special moves from mons like Greninja and Tapu lele which would make static in theory irrelevant in those situations as i would just pivot into Chansey and Heatran respectively and if my opponent would decide to double into Kartana i would just pivot back into Zapdos on the Swords Dance or attack move if they are scarfed and i could use pressure to stall out PP on certain mons.

As for the switch to static, i have thought about that to be completely honest, it would give the team a slightly better chance to take on Mega-Gyarados, Kartana and Lopunny with the paralysis chance. The only real trade-off i would have to lose is being able to pressure stall certain mons. However thinking about it, static might be more useful and i am more than likely going to try using it.

Back