• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many pokemon do you think will be introduced next gen?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
It seems like they're going for less than a 100 now but more forms, single stages and gimmicks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
It would be cool if the next generation had 193 pokemon so the total would get to a 1000. But I think your right and it will be under 100.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Honestly, I don't really know. I think it will be about the same. Maybe slightly more than Alola. I don't think we will have another 5th Gen untill 10th Gen if we ever get there.

My hopes is that we get another Johto/Sinnoh like generation where we get a good number of evolution and baby pokemon. I am almost certain that we will be getting an Eeveelution in 8th Gen, mainly because of how much focus Eevee received in Alola Games and it is possibly that Lillie will be catching an Eevee in the anime.

It is a new system and they have a hell of a lot more room with Switch games than they do with DS games so who knows?

I will go out and say 110. Since they aren't dividing different pokemon up like Lycanroc and Oricorio, which all should have been a different pokemon, we might get 100.

I mean technically, we did get 108 pokemon in Alola.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

With Pokemon coming to a new platform I could see this going both ways. We might have a very large drop of new Pokemon just to help show off the new features in a very expansive game. We could also have a very small addition of new mons with the actual gameplay being the core focus. If I had to predict a number though I would assume around 75-80. If we don't have any new formes or megas that number could be slightly higher. If they decide to bring back either of those it could be even lower depending on how many they introduce.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I hope there are at least 150 new ones. I was so dissapointed in Sun and Moon not having that many new Pokemon.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Not that many, please. Obviously this was a problem that they'd reach sooner or later, but it's really nearing the point of there being way too many Pokemon. SM did a good job introducing a small number and making new forms for older Pokemon to balance it out.

Years
I would like to see smaller number (like Kalos/Alola) BUT no more legendaries/mythical/special Pokemon please. We have so many already. I think that if they would introduce same number of legendaries as in gen I or II that would be perfect.

Back