• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gotta make a move to a town that's right for me

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
people who live in a different country that they were born in (the later in life that you moved, the more interested I am) because of school, work or relationships, how is it? do you think it was worth the move? do you miss home, if you remember it?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I moved to Florida when I was 4, so I really dont remember my old home in North Carolina very well. I definitely have some memories, but its not like I miss anything because I was so young.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 2, 2019
Is that from the lyrics of Funkytown?

Last edited:
Years
When I lived overseas I was pretty miserable a lot of the time, but I hadn't really figured out my life at the time so I'm sure I wouldn't have been so much better if I'd stayed home. The homesickness does get to you after a while though and you start to miss some of the ease of living where you intuitively understand things and don't have to put in as much effort. But it was a big culture shock for me and I had to live with a new language and everything was just a very steep learning curve. If it were me now, or if I were moving somewhere with less culture shock I'm sure it would be a much better experience.

Back