• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Name Change Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • Well, atleast I will never have to deal with the whole:

"You got a visitor message from someone you haven't seen in a while!"
    "Um, who are they?"
    *Checks back to statistics*
    "Ah, now I remember, they were _____"

It saddens me that I can't change my name anymore, but it's not like I need to.
    This name is pretty good with me.

Now somebody better tell me who the hell used Typhlosion to represent themselves. >:O

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    This sucks :/.
    RAWR.
    Guess I better pick a new name (I was getting tired of this one).
    Hopefully this feature will be reinstated in future.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • At least I'll always know who contacts me ...

Well , I never had any name change , so it ain't something big . Content with my current one !

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Just a random question. Why did you change some names before February 10th?
    Not trying to get in a big argument or anything. But it stumbled upon my mind.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Just a random question. Why did you change some names before February 10th?
    Not trying to get in a big argument or anything. But it stumbled upon my mind.

They are probably trying to get atleast some peoples' names before the Tenth..

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
  • Just wondering though, aren't the names stored in just one place? why would there be multiple references to a name? It would cause a lot of overhead if everything is stored a lot of times. Or are the usernames linked to a post instead of the userid?

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I really don't care if you guys stop doing it... Honestly I hope people will do this in time...
    - I actually want my old name back when I first join PC.

name: Skaterzpenguin
    Thanks

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I have a question.
    I know it's kind of obvious lol.

The site will be down tomorrow for maintenence because you Admins have to input everyones new names if they requested?

Good luck,I'm sure you'll need it.

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
  • This might seem a stupid question... Say all the names are changed, what would happen if you didn't know, and you logged in with your old Username? Would it still work? What I'm saying is, how will we know when to log in with our new Username?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    This might seem a stupid question... Say all the names are changed, what would happen if you didn't know, and you logged in with your old Username? Would it still work? What I'm saying is, how will we know when to log in with our new Username?

Well,If you press remember me which personally I usually do because personally i hate signing in. T~T I just want to post but if you aren't signed in I'd either check a thread you created or one of your posts.And it's actually a good question.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • This might seem a stupid question... Say all the names are changed, what would happen if you didn't know, and you logged in with your old Username? Would it still work? What I'm saying is, how will we know when to log in with our new Username?
    I'd say try with your old one. If it didn't work, try with your new one.

Worst case, check the thread since we'll probably announce how far we got as we do this.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I thought that it was only me; never bothered asking.
    But yes, if someone could answer that; it would be helpful.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • But then how do we know of rather recent name-changes? o.o

I'm currently updating this thread over here, and I'm coming across a handful of "new" names. In the past I'd just check the histories, but now that is no longer an option. >_<

But meh, once names become static, this'll cease to be a problem. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back