• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Quote Button not quoting in Firefox

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Hi. Some days ago, I had a weird issue with the Quote button in my build of Mozilla Firefox v54.0.0 (64 Bits) where the Quote button was giving me this error. At some point, it fixed itself magically without me doing anything.
    Right now I'm trying to quote a post though, and it sends me to the "Post New Reply" page without quoting the post it's supposed to quote.
    Here's a GIF showing it.

I'm using the skin "Let's Fly Together [Legacy]", tried the skins Forever Standing, Shooting for the Sun and Soaring to the Moon but the issue still happens. I also tried using Chrome with "Let's Fly Together [Legacy]" and it is working perfectly fine.

Is there any way to fix this?
    I'm using a customized build of Firefox called "lawlietfox" with certain modified about:config entries, if any specific detail is required, just let me know.

EDIT: Great, editing posts isn't working either, the box appears as if I deleted all the post's text that naturally appears when editing a post. Had to use Chrome yet again to edit this one.

EDIT2: Tried removing my "Mozilla" folder from %appdata% to reset the whole browser and it's still not working.

EDIT3: Tried lawlietfox's last version (lawlietfox-55.0.1-2-win32-vc15-betterpgo-sse2) and it still doesn't work.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • In the meantime, I decided to try 3 other custom builds of Firefox (Waterfox, pcxFirefox and tete009's Firefox which is the one I'm using right now), the issue also happens with them too.

Years
  • Hi. Some days ago, I had a weird issue with the Quote button in my build of Mozilla Firefox v54.0.0 (64 Bits) where the Quote button was giving me this error. At some point, it fixed itself magically without me doing anything.
    Right now I'm trying to quote a post though, and it sends me to the "Post New Reply" page without quoting the post it's supposed to quote.
    Here's a GIF showing it.

I'm using the skin "Let's Fly Together [Legacy]", tried the skins Forever Standing, Shooting for the Sun and Soaring to the Moon but the issue still happens. I also tried using Chrome with "Let's Fly Together [Legacy]" and it is working perfectly fine.

Is there any way to fix this?
    I'm using a customized build of Firefox called "lawlietfox" with certain modified about:config entries, if any specific detail is required, just let me know.

EDIT: Great, editing posts isn't working either, the box appears as if I deleted all the post's text that naturally appears when editing a post. Had to use Chrome yet again to edit this one.

EDIT2: Tried removing my "Mozilla" folder from %appdata% to reset the whole browser and it's still not working.

EDIT3: Tried lawlietfox's last version (lawlietfox-55.0.1-2-win32-vc15-betterpgo-sse2) and it still doesn't work.

I'm on a stock build of Firefox and have no issues quoting using Forever Standing. It's probably a conflict with the custom builds you're trying.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm on a stock build of Firefox and have no issues quoting using Forever Standing. It's probably a conflict with the custom builds you're trying.
    Removed all the Firefox related folders from "C:\Users\USER\AppData", executed Mozilla Firefox v55.0.2 (64 Bits) downloaded from the official page and it's still not working.
    Here's a GIF, just in case.

Could it for some reason be that PokeCommunity doesn't like Windows 8.1 for whatever reason?
    It's the last thing I can think of on my end.

EDIT: The issue was magically fixed, I can finally quote normally again.
    Thank you so much Rukario ?
    IDqIgcI.gif

Last edited:
    Back