• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Freezing Opelucid vs N's Castle Rising

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
WQv3xn5.gif
tumblr_min8502Y1c1r2mho4o1_500.gif

Each of these events are considered the highlight/climax of the story. For BW - N's Castle, for B2W2 - Frozen Opelucid. Which did you enjoy the most?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I prefer N's Castle. I liked exploring in the castle, the music is pretty, everything in N's Castle was beautiful.

Years
N's castle for so many reasons. First the timing of this scene could not be better. It comes on the heels of an already memorable situation filled with juicy tension-- you are battling the E4. Then you discover the champion in ruin, and witness a magic castle rise up out of the ground and surround the Pokemon league. This scene also serves as the bridge to even more dramatic things.

Frozen Opelucid does look cool I admit and was one of the highlights of BW2. They recaptured some of the magic of seeing N's castle, but it is still a more limited scene in scope. The castle was an entirely new environment to explore. It looked beautiful, had a majestic musical theme and individual places in the castle such as N's room with its sad music and lonely toys that revealed more about the story and characters. The castle is also the bridge to the true climax of the story, beautiful cut scenes featuring the legendary dragons, catching Reshiram/Zekrom, a dramatic boss fight that recreates an ancient legend and then a dark plot twist and the true boss fight begins.

Essentially what occurs in BW2 when Opelucid is frozen is a series of grunt battles, it is just not the scope as the original games. Zinzolin can't hold a candle to N or a Ghetsis. Also even though the scene is dramatic-looking, I dislike freezing Unova as a plot device. I think this never made sense, and made Ghetsis a shell of what he was in BW.

Back