• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adrenaline Rush

Years
Adrenaline, or epinephrine, is a stress hormone secreted from the adrenal glands on the kidneys. It plays a major role in preparing the body for a fight-or-flight reaction in threatening environments. An adrenaline rush is a sudden increase in the secretion of adrenaline from the adrenal glands. This happens when the brain communicates to the glands that there will be a need for a fight-or-flight response. The cause of an adrenaline rush need not be an actual physical threat but can also be an imagined threat, strenuous exercise, heart failure, chronic stress, anxiety or a disorder of the brain or adrenal glands.
Source

"That feeling when you just killed whole enemy team alone and still survived with 1 hp and your heart is pounding like WTF I JUST BURNED THEM ALL" (video game) or "When that freakin heavy metal or rock songs kicked in that make you turn the volume up and form a circle pit by yourself." or trying to steal my money from my gf :'x Anything risky exciting or dangerous

It has both beneficial and Detrimental effect on body as stated in article, what do you guys think? Have you ever experienced adrenaline rush? xD

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Yes of course! Sometimes it is because of video games or sports: for example, racing games, when I play football with friends and even when I'm watching a really intense football match.
Once there has been an earthquake in my town and I was so focused on escaping that I got some shards of glass in my feet and I didn't even notice it until I looked at them.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I think I do get this with video games, especially if I know how much failure would set me back. But I mostly experience it when writing exams, particularly in math and science, when I'm trying to get the best mark possible. The closer the clock ticks to the time limit, the more flushed I get.

Years
Yes of course! Sometimes it is because of video games or sports: for example, racing games, when I play football with friends and even when I'm watching a really intense football match.
Once there has been an earthquake in my town and I was so focused on escaping that I got some shards of glass in my feet and I didn't even notice it until I looked at them.

Raffyy that is SICK...haha

I think I do get this with video games, especially if I know how much failure would set me back. But I mostly experience it when writing exams, particularly in math and science, when I'm trying to get the best mark possible. The closer the clock ticks to the time limit, the more flushed I get.

lol i can definitely relate to this. Especially those last 10 minutes xD

Back