• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Valentine's Day Breeding Competition!

Omicron

the day was mine
Years

[FONT=&quot]
Valentine's Day Breeding Competition!
[/FONT]

To celebrate Valentine's Day, Trade Corner is hosting a Breeding Challenge. This challenge involves breeding or capturing a Pokémon you think best represents the idea of love. The winner of the challenge will receive a special emblem and a Pokémon of their choice.

The Rules

• The Challenge begins Feb. 5, 2016 12:00am EST and ends Feb. 15, 2016 12:00am EST.
  • Your entry must be bred or captured on a Gen VI game.
  • The use of an external device or program to abuse your entry will NOT be permitted.
  • Any entries found to be hacked will be voided and result in your expulsion from future challenges and events.
  • Entries will be judged on their creativity and uniqueness.
  • Please include a small detailed description on why you believe your entry best represents the idea of love.
  • When submitting your entry, please follow this form:
Code:
Species: [Pokémon]
Nickname: [If not applicable, remove from form.]
Shiny: [Y/N]
Trait: [Ability]
Level: [1-5]
IVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ]
EVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ; If not applicable, remove from form.]
Moves: [xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx]
Description: [Should be at least 1 short paragraph. Minimum 140 characters.]
  • Any member found to have copied or claimed another member's Pokémon and/or description as their entry will result in said entry being voided and your expulsion from future challenges.
  • Last, but not least, have fun!

Prizes

• Cute emblem
  • A pokémon of their choice. (TBA)

Last edited:

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
Years
Just wanted to say I'm really excited about this contest:D Thanks for hosting it:)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
You may provide more than one entry of you want and a photo of the 3DS screen is enough. :)

Dang, time is ticking.

Omi, just asking am I allowed the 3DS' date?
If I'm able to participate I might change the DS' date to a future date.
I know it's a weird thing to ask, haha. But please let me know if I'm allowed to. (:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Dang, time is ticking.

Omi, just asking am I allowed the 3DS' date?
If I'm able to participate I might change the DS' date to a future date.
I know it's a weird thing to ask, haha. But please let me know if I'm allowed to. (:

As long as it isn't genned and it was bred in a gen VI game, there's no problem, hahaha.

Reactions: Sun

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Ayy. How unfortunate to not find any other entries...and I was so excited about the contest.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I think I'm 6 hours late eight hours late, shoot me for falling sleep! So yeah, just ignore my entry if I'm that late.

Species: Swablu
Nickname: Cupid sounds too forced o Swablu so Larry
Shiny: [Y]
Trait: Natural Cure
Level: [1]
IVs: [31 | 31 | 29 | 31 | 31 | 31 ]
Moves: [Peck, Growl, Roost, Hyper Voice]
Description: I'd like to be honest that Larry wasn't intended for this event. But since it hatched during the event period, I figure that it wouldn't hurt to present it. Swablu looks sweet and cute, so it's quite fitting for the event too.~ The Shiny coloration for the Swablu line feels extra warm, won't you like to put Swablu above your head? Or give it to that certain special person. :P I'd like to add that Larry has an elder brother who's a Shiny Swablu as well, haha.

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Ayy. How unfortunate to not find any other entries...and I was so excited about the contest.

Spoiler:

EDIT2: Seeing molivious's post further confirmed that I'm disqualified. Oh well, at least I tried presenting, hahaha. Congrats to the winner of the event though.~ :D

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Seeing molivious's post further confirmed that I'm disqualified. Oh well, at least I tried presenting, hahaha. Congrats to the winner of the event though.~ :D
Yeah, I was supposed to submit an entry last night, but I was waiting until the last minute to see if anyone else would do so. It doesn't feel like a contest if you were the only participant xD But because you've put up yours past the deadline, guess it wouldn't hurt to do the same. Here's what I prepared:

Larvesta
Adamant, non-shiny
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 31/31/31/31/29/31
Level 1
Moves: Double Team, Flame Charge, Return, Struggle Bug
Description:
So you've caught the love bug and you think that's it, eh? Sorry to douse your blazing passion, but if you're not so careful, you might end up with a serious burn. In fact, Frustration might even get to you and cause the thought of taking a U-turn. Worry not about something that you cannot Foresee, though -- you're not Psychic. Just remember that Overheated arguments happen, and if you keep a Calm Mind and offer yourselves a Rest, it should pass.

You're now a couple of levels away from where you started, but feel like your progress has been String Shot, and the light of your Ember is slowly fading? You've been Confiding with each other, and yet your little "Morning Sun" still seems to have secrets he/she's trying to Protect? That doesn't sound like a good Safeguard, does it? Harden up and confront it with a Flame Charge -- NOT a Wild Charge! Remind yourselves that you're a Double Team; Round up the problems and work it out together. Take Down the Facades, get rid of your Substitutes, and Return the Flame Wheel that once was rolling.

At the end of the Fire-blastin' Sunny Day, remember that only by Enduring these struggles for so long should your little Larvesta of Love evolve into something powerful.

Pics (sorry for bad terrible quality, tho):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

LOL at the coincidence odd out IV, Larry has 29 on his Def while your Larvesta has that same number on his S. Def.

I feel sorry for Omi as all her participants presented their entry after the due. Talk about an unfortunate event. Killed for that pun.

I'm curious whether Omi has bred Pokemon for this event, you know for the sake of fun? Obviously she can't reward herself that secret Pokemon.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I'm curious whether Omi has bred Pokemon for this event, you know for the sake of fun? Obviously she can't reward herself that secret Pokemon.
Well, for now it shall remain Unown. Pun battle?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
RIP. Well, since no one else entered the competition. Both molivious and Sun will get the emblem and Pokémon, haha. Congrats!

I loved both your entries. :)

Me too! Both entries were really great. (: I really enjoyed the puns and Larry the Swablu made me laugh.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Gee, thanks. I would've forgotten about this thread if not for the emblem notification. lol. Hope next year's gonna be more successful. So, uh...what's the prize pokemon?

I hope it's a Lapras named Omicron.

Back