• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender symbols appear as "?" in battle

Years
    • Seen today
    so the other day i realised going into battle crashed my game and so i reset PokeBattle_Scene back to normal and it worked. only issue is that gender symbols for male and female are "?" instead, i can tell their gender by the red and blue but thats it. anyway to fix this? D:

Years
    • Seen today
    could be i'm missing a font but i can use all the base ones (So Fire red up i believe, firered being the starting one) i changed to diamond and pearl font and it keeps happening? like i do see them in the party menu so is it a glitch? ill provide screenshots this time.....

http://prntscr.com/eun457

http://prntscr.com/eun457

(images were not showing so changed it to a web link sorry)
    tested if it was just debug mode (opening in the rpg maker program and running it from there)
    as well as the normal mode/version (loading the game.exe file directly)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Wherever you copied your battle script backup from, didn't save the text in UTF meaning that you lost special characters (i.e. your gender symbols). Solution: get a clean copy of the battle script from vanilla Essentials.

Years
    • Seen today
    Wherever you copied your battle script backup from, didn't save the text in UTF meaning that you lost special characters (i.e. your gender symbols). Solution: get a clean copy of the battle script from vanilla Essentials.

well that did work as this morning my data all got corrupted so had to replace it all so thanks anyway

Back