• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Good news everybody!

THQ Nordic has just bought Koch media, owner of Deep Silver publishing (metro series) and Volation (saints row) as well as others. This also nets THQ Nordic multiple big IPs lost during original THQs collapse and can hopefully reunite devs that were sold off with IPs that Nordic scooped up (for example Red Faction and it's creator Volation are under the same roof again!)

This is great news for me, how about others though?

Arsenic

Years
How would a cod movie even work? It would be no different than any other stereotypical action flick, and its not like Cod has some deep interesting universe to set itself out from the competition.

I have about as much faith in a movie as I do the franchise as a whole.

Arsenic

Years
Here's my question for gaming;

Why are cloud saves not implemented in every modern game on every modern system yet. It makes no sense to me that this revolutionary storage medium is not in full use yet.

I mean it removes the problems of the main problems of local saves, like not having it on another system, or losing it due to a hard drive crash.

That game you started 4 years ago and dont want to restart? With cloud saves, you don't have to restart.

And yes I am frustrated from experience as someone who's lost save games over and over. I mean I've restarted Just Cause 3 at least 20 times alone and haven't beat it once.

To make things better, on PC developers love to ALL have different save locations. Some in Documents folder, some under a profile folder, some in the PC temp folders, some in the game install folder. I CAN ONLY BACK UP SO MANY FOLDERS FUCK. Hell, I can only FIND so many save folders at this point!

Gaming needs to get its shit together with the customer experience.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Here's my question for gaming;

Why are cloud saves not implemented in every modern game on every modern system yet. It makes no sense to me that this revolutionary storage medium is not in full use yet.

I mean it removes the problems of the main problems of local saves, like not having it on another system, or losing it due to a hard drive crash.

That game you started 4 years ago and dont want to restart? With cloud saves, you don't have to restart.

And yes I am frustrated from experience as someone who's lost save games over and over. I mean I've restarted Just Cause 3 at least 20 times alone and haven't beat it once.

To make things better, on PC developers love to ALL have different save locations. Some in Documents folder, some under a profile folder, some in the PC temp folders, some in the game install folder. I CAN ONLY BACK UP SO MANY FOLDERS ****. Hell, I can only FIND so many save folders at this point!

Gaming needs to get its **** together with the customer experience.

Companies dont want to pay for a cloud. Its all about the money. I kind of get it. One one side, its really expensive to develop a game, but on the other it would definitely be very consumer friendly.

Arsenic

Years
Companies dont want to pay for a cloud. Its all about the money. I kind of get it. One one side, its really expensive to develop a game, but on the other it would definitely be very consumer friendly.

The greediest company out there, EA, supposedly offers this service with Origin. I have yet to test if it actually works yet but they have a definitive option for "Save all games to the cloud"

These are those technological QOL things that should be getting better and better as tech becomes more available and stable

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
The greediest company out there, EA, supposedly offers this service with Origin. I have yet to test if it actually works yet but they have a definitive option for "Save all games to the cloud"

These are those technological QOL things that should be getting better and better as tech becomes more available and stable

It probably works if they are offering it. They are greedy, but not stupid enough to launch a product or service that would generate a significant amount of backlash if it doesn't meet standards. Oh wait.

battlefront-ii-microtransactions-2017-colorized-bill-breathing-1-00-talking-s-00-29030457.png

Arsenic

Years
Here is actual MGS Campbell reading the most recent major legal happening

Just in case you found yourself asking aloud, "Russian Indictment?"

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
There's a Yakuza 0 and 6 bundle on the playstation store, you can get both for about £50 if you're a PS Plus subscriber.

Do yourselves a favour and play Yakuza if you haven't already.
I hope this price stays the same for the next few months or goes even cheaper XD Will get into Yakuza as soon as I can buy a PS4. First game I play on PS4 being Persona 5 will probably mean that it'll probably take me a while though haha

Years
Have been playing through the series since October and can safely say that Dero will enjoy them. Without knowing his taste in games I know he'll like the story and won't be turned off by the eccentricities of.... everything else. WIll be ages before you get 0 and 6 at that price, but there will be sales of 0/Kiwami with 6 coming out next month.

Do hope they bring the PS3 games to PS4, having the entire collection on one system would be great. I'd personally buy them again seeing as I had to buy 3, 4, 5 and Dead Souls second hand or free.

Still haven't played Persona 5 (or any persona) but someday. Got 5 in a sale last year.

pkmin3033

How is that new Kirby game? I'm a little put off by it, since it seems to be very multiplayer-focused...

I am slowly but surely accumulating a Switch backlog, too. Just picked up Lost Sphear today, and I still have Dragonball Xenoverse 2 from Christmas to start, too.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Just joined Gamers Club Unlocked on Best Buy. Being able to get Switch games for less than full price is very nice, since they rarely go on sale on Amazon.

Years
I bought Rocket League and Stardew Valley on Switch yesterday. And RL was on sale for $14.99 than the usual $19.99 it goes for. I got 13 dollars left out of those and there's nothing really I want on 3DS or Wii U, except a lot of virtual console games I don't want to get. At least until we get clear info on Switch VC.

pkmin3033

Switch Virtual Console, ETA TBC, because Nintendo are allergic to money.

I picked up I Am Setsuna in the Switch sales, although I can't say any of the Easter sales really appeal to me. Until Hyrule Warriors comes out, I think I have pretty much every game on the Switch I'd deem worth buying. It's gone very quiet all of a sudden...

Back