• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2021
    Hi Dearman4 - do other cheats work with your patches via MyBoy emulator? E.g. Action replay?

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2021
    Thanks. I like to play my way and like to have some later game pokemon at the start to play through with rather than the usual weaker pokemon you normally come across at the start of the game.

Looking forward to giving your patch a go! Great to see a creator so active on here years after initially release!

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2021
    I don't know which will work for certain but most should work. This is a binary hack not a decomp hack

Thanks. I like to play my way and like to have some later game pokemon at the start to play through with rather than the usual weaker pokemon you normally come across at the start of the game.

Looking forward to giving your patch a go! Great to see a creator so active on here years after initially release!

OK FYI looks like wild encounter gameshark / AR codes don't work, causes game to crash.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    Would you ever consider changing some more movesets so they match theirs from recent generations? Lotad and Lombre not learning water moves naturally is pretty rough

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2022
    I loved this hack rom. The original experience but with some quality-of-life changes that makes you enjoy the game even if you are used to the mechanics of modern Pokemon games.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
  • dearman4, I just want to thank you for making this fantastic hack.
    I've played a lot of different hacks but this one is exactly what I imagined a perfect Emerald hack to be, been playing it for a few months, trying different teams, EV training, going against Frontier Brains, getting beat, trying again, etc.
    It's awesome. The only thing I think it's missing is a better way to XP train other than the elite 4. But other than that I'm having a lot of fun. 300 something pokémon are enough to experiment with and if I need more I'll just move on to a Gen 5 hack as that's where I draw the line. Anything after gen 5 is bogus.

I literally love you and you're the best. <3

Years
  • dearman4, I just want to thank you for making this fantastic hack.
    I've played a lot of different hacks but this one is exactly what I imagined a perfect Emerald hack to be, been playing it for a few months, trying different teams, EV training, going against Frontier Brains, getting beat, trying again, etc.
    It's awesome. The only thing I think it's missing is a better way to XP train other than the elite 4. But other than that I'm having a lot of fun. 300 something pokémon are enough to experiment with and if I need more I'll just move on to a Gen 5 hack as that's where I draw the line. Anything after gen 5 is bogus.

I literally love you and you're the best. <3

Thanks so much! I am thrilled to hear you're enjoying it this much :D

There is an NPC in the Frontier that will set your pokemon's level to 50 actually, so they can go right into any of the facilities. Next version I am adding an option for 100 once Steven has been beaten as well :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2021
    Hi, I have a couple of questions about the hack that I couldn't find an answer to in the README, sorry if these have been answered loads already.

I read that you apply this as a mod to an existing vanilla ROM, if I had an existing save file from the vanilla game, this wouldn't work with the hack version would it? No big deal if not, I'm only 2 gyms in on the vanilla one and I wouldn't mind restarting at this point.

I also saw in the README that national dex pokemon appear in the wild, is it possible to set it so only Hoenn dex mons appear? Better yet, how about Hoenn only before you beat the champion then National afterwards?

Years
  • Hi, I have a couple of questions about the hack that I couldn't find an answer to in the README, sorry if these have been answered loads already.

I read that you apply this as a mod to an existing vanilla ROM, if I had an existing save file from the vanilla game, this wouldn't work with the hack version would it? No big deal if not, I'm only 2 gyms in on the vanilla one and I wouldn't mind restarting at this point.

I also saw in the README that national dex pokemon appear in the wild, is it possible to set it so only Hoenn dex mons appear? Better yet, how about Hoenn only before you beat the champion then National afterwards?

The save files are 100% compatible! :)

Use this on a CLEAN ROM and it'll give all the features of Emerald Final but with the wilds set to be like vanilla Emerald https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qctmgnv0dg6ehv/Final%20v7.38%20with%20Vanilla%20Wilds.ips?dl=0

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2021
    The save files are 100% compatible! :)

Use this on a CLEAN ROM and it'll give all the features of Emerald Final but with the wilds set to be like vanilla Emerald https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qctmgnv0dg6ehv/Final%20v7.38%20with%20Vanilla%20Wilds.ips?dl=0

Oh nice! Is there a way to change the wilds mid-game? Like once I complete the Hoenn Dex I can set it to National Dex wilds and then work on completing that?

Edit: it's occurred to me that vanilla emerald wilds will have some missing Pokémon like Zangoose etc and the starters, is there any version which has all the Hoenn Pokémon available to obtain in-game? I'm being picky but that would be ideal for me

Edit2: also occurred to me that once I complete the Hoenn Dex I can just use the save on ROM with the full Pokémon set applied. I just rename the .sav file right? If so, that's my first question answered but I'm still wondering about the thing in my first edit

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh nice! Is there a way to change the wilds mid-game? Like once I complete the Hoenn Dex I can set it to National Dex wilds and then work on completing that?

Edit: it's occurred to me that vanilla emerald wilds will have some missing Pokémon like Zangoose etc and the starters, is there any version which has all the Hoenn Pokémon available to obtain in-game? I'm being picky but that would be ideal for me

Edit2: also occurred to me that once I complete the Hoenn Dex I can just use the save on ROM with the full Pokémon set applied. I just rename the .sav file right? If so, that's my first question answered but I'm still wondering about the thing in my first edit

I mean yeah you can hex edit the wilds, but it's faster to import the save to your newly patched ROM.

This has all the version exclusives in it, again patch a clean ROM with this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/294m5vlx5n5jtum/Final%20v7.38%20with%20Vanilla%20Wilds%20Plus.ips?dl=0

As for save transferring, you either rename the save or, if using VBA, it's File > import > battery file

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2021
    I mean yeah you can hex edit the wilds, but it's faster to import the save to your newly patched ROM.

This has all the version exclusives in it, again patch a clean ROM with this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/294m5vlx5n5jtum/Final%20v7.38%20with%20Vanilla%20Wilds%20Plus.ips?dl=0

As for save transferring, you either rename the save or, if using VBA, it's File > import > battery file

Thanks so much! Looking forward to loading it up, presumably the other patches etc will work on this one because it's still your ROM hack.

Thanks for your patience as well, I'm probably asking really obvious stuff to anyone familiar with this (which I am not).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2021

I promise this is my last question :)

Does this one have the Hoenn starters and other ones that wouldn't usually be in the wild available to catch in game or will I have to change to the national dex version for that? The Pokemon location file is for the national dex one only so I'm not sure if Treecko is available on route 112 for example. I'm trying to get a version where all the Hoenn dex Pokemon can be completed in-game without needing to trade etc.

Years
  • I promise this is my last question :)

Does this one have the Hoenn starters and other ones that wouldn't usually be in the wild available to catch in game or will I have to change to the national dex version for that? The Pokemon location file is for the national dex one only so I'm not sure if Treecko is available on route 112 for example. I'm trying to get a version where all the Hoenn dex Pokemon can be completed in-game without needing to trade etc.

The Vanilla Wilds Plus version only has the pokemon available in the wild from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, so no, the starters wouldn't be in the wild. If you just want the starters available, that is a really simple edit you can make yourself if you want!

Back