• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Galar so Far

Years
  • So, any thoughts about the use of any of the newly revealed Pokemon and mechanics in competitive play yet? Discuss here and we can revisit as more information is gradually revealed.

Sirfetch’d

The Trick Room item, Room Service, could be really interesting. It opens up the possibility of usually fast Pokemon with access to Trick Room, like Gengar, to be viable in Trick Room. Galarian Weezing's ability is also really interesting because it could completely change the way double battles are played. I expect Levitate to still be better in traditional singles but it screams VGC staple with the new ability.

Years
  • The Trick Room item, Room Service, could be really interesting. It opens up the possibility of usually fast Pokemon with access to Trick Room, like Gengar, to be viable in Trick Room. Galarian Weezing's ability is also really interesting because it could completely change the way double battles are played. I expect Levitate to still be better in traditional singles but it screams VGC staple with the new ability.

Trick Room is definitely going to see an increase with Room Service around. Galarian Weezing I feel won't be as prominent in doubles as people expect. It will see a lot of early use but will probably fade quite a lot fairly quickly because of how prevalent EQ is and because it will also affect opposing Pokemon.

Personally, I think Corviknight is shaping up to look very promising with its typing and HA. That Eject Pack item also looks like it could be very useful when paired with Draco Meteor or Close Combat abusers.

Years
  • I'm curious too, even though I'm not the best competitive battler. Galarian Weezing's ability seems absolutely nuts and could definitely change the entire metagame if abilities like Truant could be ignored. Perhaps what gimmepie said above is true though and it won't be as prevalent after a while, but I'm expecting a lot of use at the beginning to get a feel for how good it is.

Corviknight though, yeah, it's definitely looking really promising. Skarmory has a new contender. 👍

Back