• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you conquered the Battle Frontier?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I recently started to conquer it after maaaany(8 specifically) years of owning emerald.
I am trying to complete it with pokemon anyone can get if they are playing emerald, which means:
  • no pokemon that evolve only with trades(alakazam,gengar etc.),
  • no pokemon unavailable in the wild in emerald(Leafgreen,firered,ruby,saph exlusive mons not allowed),
  • no choice based pokemon(latios/latias,torchic/mudkip/treecko)
  • no time exclusive mons(glalie,surskit)

I never had someone who had a second gameboy and another emerald to help me trade so I wanted to do it with the aforementioned rules.

Is it doable?...Well, Maven's gold symbol and Greta's silver proves that it probably is!

HaxAras

The Cold Necromancer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2019
I recently started to conquer it after maaaany(8 specifically) years of owning emerald.
I am trying to complete it with pokemon anyone can get if they are playing emerald, which means:
  • no pokemon that evolve only with trades(alakazam,gengar etc.),
  • no pokemon unavailable in the wild in emerald(Leafgreen,firered,ruby,saph exlusive mons not allowed),
  • no choice based pokemon(latios/latias,torchic/mudkip/treecko)
  • no time exclusive mons(glalie,surskit)

I never had someone who had a second gameboy and another emerald to help me trade so I wanted to do it with the aforementioned rules.

Is it doable?...Well, Maven's gold symbol and Greta's silver proves that it probably is!

What Pokemon did you use? I bred a Salamence, Snorlax and beat Colosseum for a bold Suicune. They seem to do decent at the tower. But the game either outskills me, cheats or I make a dumb mistake. I can easily clear 100 wins in Sapphire/Ruby with my team though.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I can proudly say that although it took a while, yes I have all the Gold Symbols ^^. But its a very annoying place though tbqh, especially places like The Battle Palace, where u cannot command ur Pokemon (or use items from the Bag) or The Battle Pike, which is completely based on luck (those annoying status-inflicting Ralts & Dusclops >:().

Pika Pika :chu:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
What Pokemon did you use? I bred a Salamence, Snorlax and beat Colosseum for a bold Suicune. They seem to do decent at the tower. But the game either outskills me, cheats or I make a dumb mistake. I can easily clear 100 wins in Sapphire/Ruby with my team though.

Battle Palace Silver:
Salamence/Sassy/Lum Berry
Evs:4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break

Starmie/Sassy/Leftovers
Evs:4HP/252 SpAtck/252 Speed
-TBolt
-IceBeam
-Psychic
-Surf

Gardevoir/Timid/Choice Band(NOT the best option as an item,maybe Brightpowder would be better)
Evs:20 HP/252 SpAtck/236 Speed
-Psychic
-TBolt
-Calm Mind
-Will-o-Wisp

Salamence and Starmie will do the heavy hitting,Sassy because it allows them to use mostly Offensive moves

For Gold I swap Gardevoir with Registeel
Registeel/Relaxed/Aspear Berry
EVs:252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
-Toxic
-Protect
(Only 2 moves also max out Protect's PP)

Registeel is for Suicune.Also this Registeel had 0 IVs in both Def and SpDef and survived Suicune.And Relaxed so it will most likely hit with toxic first

Battle Arena Silver

The same Salamence(with Brightpowder though) and Starmie +
Houndoom/Timid/Lum Berry
Flamethrower
Taunt
Crunch
Will-O-Wisp

Houndoom is to taunt umbreon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 17, 2020
Emerald has my favourite Battle Frontier and honestly it's one of the best parts of Hoenn for me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I have never completed Emerald's Battle Frontier as it seems so much harder than the Gen IV one, which I beat once or twice. I've come close, but whichever one it is where you can't choose your pokémons' moves always gets too frustrating for me. Occasionally I give up on Battle Factory too. Absolutely love the facilities shaped like a Seviper and the one that is a tournament though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
distant laughing.............god no i have never done this. i beat the pike once. i think that's the only gold medal that i have. and i always told myself OH I'LL JUST COME BACK TO THIS LATER. it's been how many years l ma o....................

Years
Sadly I never took the time to conquer the entire thing when my cartridge still worked. I did get the Gold Symbols for the Battle Factory and the Battle Pike though

Back