• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

killed by the invisible camera

Years
  • aka The "Damn I hate sidescrolling levels"-thread. What games have you played that had you faced with side scrolling?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Ahh the good olde Autoscrollers. Pretty cancerous if I were to be asked but then again, no one really complained about these kinds of levels back in the day.

Mighty Number 9. Dear lord. Mighty 8's stage is one of the more cancerous auto scroller levels that I've played in recent memory.

Also if I remember as well, Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield 4 in their respective single player campaigns have pretty painful autoscroll segments that are great in interrupting the action.

Years
  • I hate auto scrolling and also the similar kind of levels in 3D where there is a wall or boulder going behind you or what not. I like playing games at my own pace, which is most of the time also a fairly slow pace, and auto scrollers force me to play at a pace I don't like and at a pace I suck at.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only one I remember is that level in Rayman where you have to plant seeds to climb ahead of rising water. That was a weird game in terms of difficulty, I mean, everyone first played it as kids when it felt like it was impossible, but for a competent adult gamer it's actually not an especially easy nor difficult game (would still be hard as balls for me though 'cause I don't do platformers), except maybe that level with all the darkness and the spikey pencils.

Back