• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pok?mon: Volant Version [UPDATE 6/12/2015: New Screenshots!]

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
  • Pokémon: Volant Version [UPDATE 6/12/2015: New Screenshots!]

EQ9GFAi.png

Rom Base: Fire Red
    Author: Bad Egg//Mystery

-------------​
    STORYLINE
    You're a 10 year ol-JUST KIDDING. You're a 21 year old student who's just moved to the Colo region from University in the Johto region. Your father always said "travel broadens the mind", so you have decided to see for yourself. You grab your things, and head on over to Prof. Cobalt's laboratory to pick up your very own Pokémon, before you step onto Route One completely unaware of the tribulations ahead - corrupt government officials, skilled gym leaders and sprawling landscapes to name a few.

FEATURES
    Set in the new region Colo!
    Custom tiles
    Trek through the Colo region to the sounds of various Pokémon games
    A variety of landscapes - from snow-cloaked peaks to tropical port cities
    Numerous hidden 'special' Pokémon that will prove to be valuable assets during your quest
    An evil force quite unlike any other
    Regional Pokémon Championships - my own take on the Elite Four
    Events! Will be distributed at later stages
    Hours of engaging gameplay
    Challenging level curve

SCREENSHOTS

8OJKh1A.png
    aBqtvBd.png
    dVY3Zec.png

GrDgw6n.png
    GL0n8bG.png
    s0o8qzW.png

PVRlKUB.png
    lk1hRpd.png
    GISGLqe.png

xHwaUaw.png
    fGNVWpk.png
    Db4qPMi.png

dvgfuf5.png
    kpIg4mY.png
    vAjfbrM.png

T5oxYBq.png
    iy8LVDu.png
    TIpqQym.png

y4ZXk0I.png
    vQxoydm.png
    fsBT14m.png

DOWNLOAD
    Not quite yet, but watch this space for updates!

CURRENT BUILD
    Volant Alpha V0.1 is in development!

CREDITS
    diegoisawesome for his awesome XSE tutorial.
    PokéCommunity for correcting my silly scripting mistakes when I had to reteach myself scripting.
    LeiAlcantra025 for the battle background patch and the Exp Box patch.
    Mewthree Inc. for their PHO Elite FireRed ROM base - this easily wiped Pokémon FireRed, allowing me to completely build the maps and events from the ground up.
    DarkZeta for helping me with inserting custom music.
    GoGoJJTech for her HG/SS music patch for FR.
    Nex for tile insertion & OW insertion. This guy really dolled the game up. Cheers mate!
    Alistair for tiles.

SUPPORT BANNERS
    LIUietM.png

xsrjIJC.png

Last edited:

BadEgg~

Years
  • What are the starters?
    I'm going to be adding a lot more detail on the project to the thread over the next couple of days. The starter Pokémon will remain a secret, for the time being c;

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Seems interesting. Are you just going to stick with the default main character sprite or do you plan on changing that?

BadEgg~

Years
  • Seems interesting. Are you just going to stick with the default main character sprite or do you plan on changing that?

I will be changing the character sprite.

It seems good, try to post some higher quality screenshots because i can't see a thing :P
    Keep working.

Yeah sorry about that, I'll be updating the screenshots soon. When I created the thread my internet wasn't too great so I had to decrease the resolution of the images so that I could at least get some images up.

BadEgg~

Years
  • Update time! Everything up to the 1st badge is nearly finished. I've remapped Congress Town and added trainers to all the maps. I have a lil' plot event I need to finish scripting and then I'll have hit my first development milestone! Progress has been slowed because I've been writing finals, but now that I have more free time I'm aiming to make rapid progress.

I'm going to be adopting a development model similar to that of Pokémon Citrite; pushing most of the content in the alpha, expanding the post-game in the beta while polishing the game overall. Ultimately the main (for lack of a better word) release will hopefully be full of engaging content, an interesting story and bug-free!

Feedback on the screenshots would be appreciated - they are there for a reason!
    - Mystery(Gift)/BadEgg~
    i have too many aliases

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    Hey dude i want to play this hack...is it out now??? And its full version or beta 1??

Where is the link to download it...am not getting it

Last edited by a moderator:

BadEgg~

Years
  • Hey dude i want to play this hack...is it out now??? And its full version or beta 1??

Where is the link to download it...am not getting it

I'm glad you're interested in playing my hack ^_^), but unfortunately there has yet to be a public release of Pokémon Volant and therefore there aren't any download links. The game is currently in it's alpha stages (see my latest update post). Also, frequent public releases kinda kills hype for a ROM hack (the content kinda trickles out instead of being released in big bundles, getting players excited). However, be sure to keep checking back to this thread to be notified of any changes or updates regarding the game!

- BadEgg

Last edited:

BadEgg~

Years
  • UPDATE 17/07/2016: Pokémon Volant Version isn't dead! I've just been occupied with schoolwork and IRL commitments. Don't worry I've been working on the hack in my free time. The game now has all Pokémon up to Gen 6 and includes mega evolution! At the moment I'm just reworking the plot of the game so that it flows well (because I'm not making it up as I go along) as well as investigating inserting custom music. Unfortunately I'm no longer going to include GoGoJJTech's HGSS patch because there are discrepancies with what she says the number for A-MAP of each track is an what track actually plays. I also find that the music doesn't really suit the appearance of the game so I'd rather stick to using Gen 3 instruments and just insert the tracks I want to use from previous games (e.g. Questionnaire from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon).

I'm also looking for somebody who'd be willing to assist in inserting tiles and overworld sprites as well as someone to help design some of the main characters like the professor or the protagonists or the gym leaders. Feel free to send me a message if you're interested with copies of your previous works. Note that the designs will be used in promoting the project!

That's all for now,
    Mystery/BadEgg

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Wow, I don't know what those shark fins are, but every single one of the screenshots looks appealing. Lol do I get to choose if I want my hat on backwards?

Back