• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen is Ultra Sun and Moon Harder than Old gmes

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • It's definitely harder than SM, thanks to the fact that bosses are, this time, more resilient and like to dole out harder hits. Also, some of the trainer fights are ramped up in difficulty such as Hau in Malie, where he now rocks a team of five mons including one heavy hitter. Just don't get me started on that one fight though, which wasn't just hard, but it was badly done.

As for other games, I'm not sure how they hold up to USUM.

Years
  • I feel like you're comparing apples and oranges here to a degree.

Because of the lack of natures, EVs (I think?), IVs, and abilities, it can be said that RBY and even GSC (even though I believe EVs/IVs exist in GSC but idk how much they really mattered) are easier than SM/USUM because you don't have to worry about individual characteristics of a Pokemon. Therefore it can be said that it's easier to build a team in RBY/GSC than in SM/USUM if you're the kind of person that worries about that kind of stuff.

Gameplay-wise, though? I can't really say for sure because I haven't played RBY in such a long time so my memory is absolutely hazy here. Due to the lack of EXP. Share though, I think grinding is a bit more of a challenge in RBY, so I think overall RBY might be a tad harder. Also keep in mind that Pokemon have much more limited movesets in RBY, but that's because it's a significantly older generation so it makes sense.

Really, it's apples and oranges in the long run.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I feel like you're comparing apples and oranges here to a degree.

Because of the lack of natures, EVs (I think?), IVs, and abilities, it can be said that RBY and even GSC (even though I believe EVs/IVs exist in GSC but idk how much they really mattered) are easier than SM/USUM because you don't have to worry about individual characteristics of a Pokemon. Therefore it can be said that it's easier to build a team in RBY/GSC than in SM/USUM if you're the kind of person that worries about that kind of stuff.
    IVs and EVs existed, just to a different extent - and they certainly mattered for making in-game challenges like the Battle Tower more manageable. Pretty sure IVs and EVs were a thing in RBY too. But those games were very buggy and unbalanced so you had other things to be more concerned about, haha.

Grinding is certainly easier in gen 7 titles imo because of the exp share and how it works. I mean, sure, Ultra Necrozma is a highly cited tough boss for the franchise now. At the same time, like other recent titles I found myself raising a team of 12, not 6, throughout because I could still manage to keep up with the level curve thanks to all the extra EXP I was getting. I reckon if it was just a team of six for me, the games would have been even easier.

Back