• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Move Animation Creator

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Hi, I love this tool. Just wondering if there's a way to preview the animation either in HexManiac or the Program itself, or is the only way to insert the new move to a starter pokemon and test it out that way? I know the program has still image previews, but just wondering if there was a way to see an animation of it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Hi, I love this tool. Just wondering if there's a way to preview the animation either in HexManiac or the Program itself, or is the only way to insert the new move to a starter pokemon and test it out that way? I know the program has still image previews, but just wondering if there was a way to see an animation of it.

The easiest way is to have a dummy ROM, like say where you are on route 1 with a Pidgey that knows Tackle, and then whenever you create an animation, insert it to the same offset as Tackle (1C7492 for Fire Red). This way you can just immediately boot up the game, get into a battle and then use Tackle with Pidgey (which will show new animation).

There's no other way to preview animations unfortunately

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
First of all, let me thank you for that awesome tool. You are seriously amazing. I had to create an account just to say that. Now with this, PGE, Hopeless Trainer, A-Map and XSE I can make awesome rom hacks very easily <3

Now, I was wondering if a program of that sort existed for DS games (namely Platinum and HGSS) ? And if not, if you perhaps were planning on making one (if that is even possible) ? That would be sooooo cooooool !!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
First of all, let me thank you for that awesome tool. You are seriously amazing. I had to create an account just to say that. Now with this, PGE, Hopeless Trainer, A-Map and XSE I can make awesome rom hacks very easily <3

Now, I was wondering if a program of that sort existed for DS games (namely Platinum and HGSS) ? And if not, if you perhaps were planning on making one (if that is even possible) ? That would be sooooo cooooool !!

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

I've tried looking into DS move animations but it's so much more complex than GBA. It's way beyond me. I'll probably just stick to working on this tool instead. I haven't updated it in almost a year and would like to continue working on it sometime in 2023.

One thing I would suggest is to use Hex Maniac Advance instead of PGE. It's much more powerful, allows you to edit so many more things and is much safer to use than PGE (which is prone to corrupting roms)

Days
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 8, 2023
Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

I've tried looking into DS move animations but it's so much more complex than GBA. It's way beyond me. I'll probably just stick to working on this tool instead. I haven't updated it in almost a year and would like to continue working on it sometime in 2023.

One thing I would suggest is to use Hex Maniac Advance instead of PGE. It's much more powerful, allows you to edit so many more things and is much safer to use than PGE (which is prone to corrupting roms)

How can i make the background move diagonally like Aeroblast or Megahorn ?

Days
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hey, does this work with decomp pokeemerald-expansiom? Because when I Open the moves in Hex Mania, the names and effects etc are all over the Place. Is there a way to fix this?

Back