• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Move Animation Creator

Ling888

appleman
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    Hey, sorry to bother you! Just wondering if there's any way with the current version to change the animation particles to 'target' the user. I'm trying to create a Roost animation using Featherdance so that the feather particles fall on the user instead, and can't figure out how to change it. Not sure if that's currently implemented or not though

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, sorry to bother you! Just wondering if there's any way with the current version to change the animation particles to 'target' the user. I'm trying to create a Roost animation using Featherdance so that the feather particles fall on the user instead, and can't figure out how to change it. Not sure if that's currently implemented or not though

You have to edit the move itself in PGE to target the user. This should solve the problem.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out!! Thank you so much for making this. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    I love the mod so far, I even created some of my own moves in Fire Red since attack and special attack are by Types. I created Poison Punch, Ghost Slash, and some more. I followed your mini tutorial on how to implement the moves in the game. The only thing I would ask for in the next update is more Post Animations, like Punches, and Regular Hit Effects from a move like Tackle (that light-tannish star color). Other than that, I am loving the mod!

Years
    • Seen today
    I love the mod so far, I even created some of my own moves in Fire Red since attack and special attack are by Types. I created Poison Punch, Ghost Slash, and some more. I followed your mini tutorial on how to implement the moves in the game. The only thing I would ask for in the next update is more Post Animations, like Punches, and Regular Hit Effects from a move like Tackle (that light-tannish star color). Other than that, I am loving the mod!

Great to hear that you enjoy it. Yes, the next update will bring a lot more Post Animations! Should be released within a couple weeks!

Years
  • Don't know if this has been reported yet, but using Giga Impact and Nasty Plot together makes Giga Impact keep it's background even after the turn ends (it could just be Giga Impact itself)

Years
    • Seen today
    Don't know if this has been reported yet, but using Giga Impact and Nasty Plot together makes Giga Impact keep it's background even after the turn ends (it could just be Giga Impact itself)

Can you explain the exact settings you used? I just created a move with Default background and move 1 as Giga Impact and move 2 as Nasty Plot and it worked.

Years
  • I did Nasty Plot first, and then Giga Impact. I changed the move animation by calling the offset via CFRU. I had a light black background because I forgot Nasty Plot had a background

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    What an amazing tool! I have a lot of fun coming up with crazy combinations.
    Only thing i can think to improve this it would be the option to change the palette of the particles, for example, change Sludge Bomb from purple to brown to create Mud Bomb, but i doubt its that easy.
    Anyways, thanks for the tool! Keep up the good work

Years
    • Seen today
    What an amazing tool! I have a lot of fun coming up with crazy combinations.
    Only thing i can think to improve this it would be the option to change the palette of the particles, for example, change Sludge Bomb from purple to brown to create Mud Bomb, but i doubt its that easy.
    Anyways, thanks for the tool! Keep up the good work

Great to here. Next update will bring tons of extra post attack animations which will allow for far more creativity. I'll see if it's possible to change the particle colour. It all depends on whether or not I can control it from the Animation itself, or if that's only controllable from the particle table itself.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Great to hear that you enjoy it. Yes, the next update will bring a lot more Post Animations! Should be released within a couple weeks!

Looking forward to the update! I know you probably have a lot on your plate at the moment, but is there any chance of making an animation editor that would be compatible with Emerald as well?

Years
    • Seen today
    Looking forward to the update! I know you probably have a lot on your plate at the moment, but is there any chance of making an animation editor that would be compatible with Emerald as well?

Yes, 1.3 was released a couple of weeks ago. In terms of Emerald compatibility, it is something that I have on my todo list. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but hopefully, in the near future I will be able to get working on it!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Also, feel free to post any cool move animation that you create. I'd love to see them.

Just wanted to show my appreciation for your awesome animation editor! Don't know if my animations will mean anything to you (if you're not familiar with Digimon), but trust me, I made them as faithful to their appearance in the anime as I could.

My-Video92778a32c6f861b9.gif
    eA0lsP6.gif
    My-Video3.gif
    My-Video4.gif

GV5a6A7.gif
    My-Video6.gif
    My-Video7.gif
    My-Video8e0079c1338b68015.gif

My-Video9.gif
    My-Video10.gif
    My-Video11.gif
    My-Video12.gif

My-Video13.gif
    My-Video14.gif
    My-Video15.gif
    My-Video1645ca8f60bc31a277.gif

My-Video17.gif
    My-Video18.gif
    My-Video19.gif
    My-Video20.gif

ulA2h5O.gif
    My-Video22.gif
    My-Video23.gif
    My-Video24.gif

Fz5Zn8r.gif
    My-Video26.gif
    My-Video27.gif

RIWrPjP.gif
    My-Video29.gif

The rom base I used also didn't have any Fairy moves so I threw together these:
    VAlKIcC.gif
    Qh5F0As.gif
    hrlWXWU.gif
    mZao9Ga.gif

Just know that all of these are because of your hard work making this awesome animation editor!😁 Thanks again!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just wanted to show my appreciation for your awesome animation editor! Don't know if my animations will mean anything to you (if you're not familiar with Digimon), but trust me, I made them as faithful to their appearance in the anime as a I could!

The rom base I used also didn't have any Fairy moves so I threw together these:

Just know that all of these are because of your hard work making this awesome animation editor!😁 Thanks again!

This is beautiful. I really appreciate you sharing the animations you created. It makes it all feel worth it and fills me with so much joy!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    I'm a beginner ROM hacker and I don't know what's PGE. Can someone tell me about it and where to install it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    This tool looks like a dream come true. I want to use it on my emerald hack so bad lol

Back