• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Move Animation Creator

Ling888

appleman
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    Awesome tool, thanks so much for spending the time to make this! It's stupidly fun just taking time to make new custom animations and matching the different particle effects

Just wanted to ask, though, how does the tool work with multi-turn moves like Fly? Thinking about implementing something like Phantom Force into a hack.

Years
    • Seen today
    Awesome tool, thanks so much for spending the time to make this! It's stupidly fun just taking time to make new custom animations and matching the different particle effects

Just wanted to ask, though, how does the tool work with multi-turn moves like Fly? Thinking about implementing something like Phantom Force into a hack.

In terms of multi attack moves, I tried to split them into their own separate moves. For example, with Fly, I split it into "Fly Turn 1" and "Fly Turn 2". If you are creating a custom animation for a multi turn move, the same animation will play in the loading turn as well as the attack turn. I'll see if in a future update I can implement separate animation for multi turn attacks. But the way the game handles multi turn attacks is weird, so it might not be possible

Years
    • Seen today
    This tool looks like a dream come true. I want to use it on my emerald hack so bad lol

I will eventually port this over to Emerald. It's gonna take a lot of time to implement and I'm currently busy at the moment with other projects. I'll eventually get to it

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, I've created a tool that allows you to create your own move animations (for Fire Red AND Emerald) by manipulating and combining existing animations, all done via a user interface and without the need to touch a single line of hex code.

YUSSSS. So glad you made it compatible with Emerald!

In my newest hack I used your program to make over 150 animations! For amateur hackers like me, user-friendly and idiot-proof tools like yours are a real godsend. I can't thank you enough!

Just a few I threw together:
    A.gif
    B.gif
    C.gif
    D.gif
    E.gif
    B.gif
    C.gif
    D.gif

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    YES!! I've been waiting for this! Thank you so much for all your hard work! Can't wait to try it out and see what other creators can do too!

Years
    • Online now
    This program can't open in my Windows 10, even with compatibility mode with other Windows versions. What I should do?

Years
  • This is an absolutely amazing tool... Incredible. I'm going to try it out first thing tomorrow!

EDIT: I've messed around with it a little bit. This is seriously an amazing tool. I couldn't figure out how to make a GIF of it, it wouldn't work. But I was able to make a WebP of it. Thanks again for your amazing tool.

Here is the first move I made:
    Jabbowack.webp

EDIT2: I've encountered a bug.

dpJrsce.png

I assume it's because Aqua Tail isn't in Emerald but it is in your program.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ah yes. In the newest update I removed all the custom moves I made from the list like Shadow Sneak, Giga Impact etc. Must have missed Aqua Tail.

Years
    • Seen today
    This program can't open in my Windows 10, even with compatibility mode with other Windows versions. What I should do?

Did you extract the game? There must be a setting on your computer that's blocking it. I use Windows 10 and have no problems downloading it, and I know others who have successfully downloaded it on Windows 10. What exact error are you getting? Try googling it

Years
    • Online now
    Yes, it was something blocking it and was the antivirus, but now I solve the problem. Thank you. And your program is very good.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    My turn for an appreciation post. Huge thank you for taking the time to port to Emerald, your program is every bit as cool as I thought it would be! Here are some of the animations I've created.

Also random question, do you have any advice on how to find/use the second part of the 'Snatch' animation? Where your pokemon moves offscreen and behind the opponent?

Attachments

• Appreciation 1.gif
      Appreciation 1.gif
      178.8 KB · Views: 63
    • Appreciation 2.gif
      Appreciation 2.gif
      859.2 KB · Views: 51
    • Appreciation 3.gif
      Appreciation 3.gif
      92.9 KB · Views: 49
    • Appreciation 4.gif
      Appreciation 4.gif
      179.3 KB · Views: 47
    • Appreciation 5.gif
      Appreciation 5.gif
      419.7 KB · Views: 51
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023
    Just wanted to comment saying you're an absolute legend. To see people still creating awesome tools for Rom Hacking Gen III games is so good!

Years
    • Seen today
    My turn for an appreciation post. Huge thank you for taking the time to port to Emerald, your program is every bit as cool as I thought it would be! Here are some of the animations I've created.

Also random question, do you have any advice on how to find/use the second part of the 'Snatch' animation? Where your pokemon moves offscreen and behind the opponent?

Those are some sick animations. I love seeing what people are able to create!

darylee

these are the dreams......
    Years
    • he/him/they
    • VA
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    So I'm having a slight problem, it might be the Emerald rom but I have been redownloading clean ones every time. So I'm very new at rom hacking and I'm trying to make my own improvement Emerald hack and replace all the gym TMs with brand new moves but there is a bug when wild Pokémon use a certain move that causes the game to reset (Example: when a Nincada used Harden this time around, it caused my game to reset to the Game Freak screen). It may be a problem with PGE or how I'm repointing the new animations in the Move Animation Creator. Again, I am very new to rom hacking maybe somebody can help me out.

Years
    • Seen today
    So I'm having a slight problem, it might be the Emerald rom but I have been redownloading clean ones every time. So I'm very new at rom hacking and I'm trying to make my own improvement Emerald hack and replace all the gym TMs with brand new moves but there is a bug when wild Pokémon use a certain move that causes the game to reset (Example: when a Nincada used Harden this time around, it caused my game to reset to the Game Freak screen). It may be a problem with PGE or how I'm repointing the new animations in the Move Animation Creator. Again, I am very new to rom hacking maybe somebody can help me out.

When you create your move, and select Find Free Space, you need to make a copy of the address it spits out. Then, using Hex Maniac Advance (PGE is obsolete, you shouldn't use it) go to the move, and paste the offset in the animation text box. I attached screenshots on the initial post showing an example

darylee

these are the dreams......
    Years
    • he/him/they
    • VA
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    When you create your move, and select Find Free Space, you need to make a copy of the address it spits out. Then, using Hex Maniac Advance (PGE is obsolete, you shouldn't use it) go to the move, and paste the offset in the animation text box. I attached screenshots on the initial post showing an example

Okay so i must be doing it wrong, what i was was doing was copying the animation code first in PGE from the move i wanted to replace, then i was going to the Move Animation Creator to create a move as the second step and then i paste the code in there instead of clicking Find Free Space.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Loving the new particle effects! Any chance of adding in the "Dollsteak" backgrounds at some point in the future?

(These ones I mean:
    T8KRnKh.png
    jLAznmy.png
    pJXl33z.png
    tCFrhaI.png
    hfUapwK.png

Plus a few more I think)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    I wish I could do the flamethrower colors just like in the anime. Will this be possible? Thanks again for the great job.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I wish I could do the flamethrower colors just like in the anime. Will this be possible? Thanks again for the great job.

If you click the Advanced Settings button it will give you the option to adjust the particle settings. Then you can change the colour of an attack (like Flamethrower) to whatever you want.

Back