• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Need shiny help! Please

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    Hey guys!

Have been trying for around 2 days to catch any shiny pokemon, I have

The shiny charm
    Caught 31 Chanseys (tried rattata and pidgey aswell)
    And am using max lures

Nothing not one appearance! Getting abit bored of waiting now.. is there anyone willing to trade or know any other ways to up the chances?

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    I did get what I think is a Shiny Onix, but I kinda stumbled on that one. I think there might be ways to increase the odds, but in the end, it depends purely on luck.

And I don't have the most reliable methods of trading online anyways, so I can't help much more than this...

Years
    • Ha
    • Seen Jan 20, 2019
    I caught a shiny vulpix and ponyta without shiny charm, using catch combos. Vulpix was caught at 34 & pontya at 31. After I got my shiny charm I caught a shiny squirtle, psyduck, geodude, n doduo with the shiny charm and lower catch combos. Dunno if that helps

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • This is exactly why there was so much controversy around the catch combo method back when the games first came out. Your odds are maxed out when you have a lure and a 31 combo, but you still have to wait for every individual Pokemon to spawn and then despawn before new ones appear.

What a lot of people do now is find a place where they can reset the map, like a gate between routes or a ladder inside a cave, and they repeatedly go in and out of the area they're hunting in. Doing this causes however many Pokemon that spawn in that area (usually around 4 or 5) to immediately spawn each time you enter the area, making the hunt go a bit faster. That's how I got my shiny Vulpix a while back.

If you're able to with your target, use a route or part of a cave where you can easily leave and reenter the area repeatedly, and that may help you find something quicker.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I've just started to try my patience with Charmander on route 4, with no access to lures as they're not sold in the Cerulean mart.
    I probably can't take this too far with only just above 7k currency.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2019
    hey I have noticed that catching shinys you need 31 catch combo but lately I've been catching 2-3 and staying in 1 spot for ages and getting shiny I've got 3 shiny pokemon with only a catch combo of 3

and also have you completed the DeX??

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I've just started to try my patience with Charmander on route 4, with no access to lures as they're not sold in the Cerulean mart.
    I probably can't take this too far with only just above 7k currency.

After about 3 weeks, no lure and two different chains, mission accomplished.
    I have a shiny Charmander AND scored a shiny Spearow in the process. Three actually.

Back