• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the official fat ass thread

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • so I've decided not to be fat anymore, so i want this thread to help keep me in check

post your current weight and whatever other information and then weigh yourself in a week and post again (with a new post to bump the thread) with the following format. Ill try my best to post everything in this thread here to show progress.

Pictures of your progress would be awesome (to make cool before/after photos)! But you are like me and dont feel comfortable doing that, dont feel obligated to. :D

Use this for your first post:
    Spoiler:

And use this for subsequent posts:
    Spoiler:

Ill start:
    BadSheep
    8/30/17
    246 lbs
    6'3-4
    2,200 calores/day
    Lots of vegetables and some meat; limited carbs; only water to drink (and 1 gallon/day)
    Rowing machine 30-45 minutes a day. Weights every other day/couple of days.
    Long-term goal: 210 lbs (just look good basically)

Last edited:

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • You shouldn't be doing rows every single day. Each muscle group needs between 24-36 hours to fully recover from use.

Reactions: noa

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • You shouldn't be doing rows every single day. Each muscle group needs between 24-36 hours to fully recover from use.

Its bowling season, so I go to the bowling alley at least 2-4 times a week. I most likely wont be exercising on those days because of lack of time, and by the time I could exercise, almost the entire day has passed and I'm kinda tired lol. I could also mix up the rowing with some running even though I hate it. I just didnt want to type all of this out in my initial post. :D

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • What's your training regimen look like? When you say you're lifting weights, are you doing isolation lifts? Compound lifts? Do you know how certain muscle groups work together with certain exercises? Like for example one might do chest/triceps/shoulders monday, legs tuesday, back/biceps wednesday, etc.

And fuck running. I'd look in to doing HIIT a few times a week, the fat melts right off lol

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • What's your training regimen look like? When you say you're lifting weights, are you doing isolation lifts? Compound lifts? Do you know how certain muscle groups work together with certain exercises? Like for example one might do chest/triceps/shoulders monday, legs tuesday, back/biceps wednesday, etc.

And **** running. I'd look in to doing HIIT a few times a week, the fat melts right off lol

i dont know any of those terms- I just take the dumbbells we have at home and do some stuff with them. I do curls.

I might try out HIIT... I usually go as fast as I can for the final 2 minutes when I row, so I think I could do that. I looked HIIT up on the internet and the benefits are very good.

As for nutrition, Ive been hungry ALL DAY. I'm hungry right now and I'm about to go to bed. I really need to eat more than I have been. I just need more variety of food. Right now I've been eating carrots and grapes at lunch, snack, and dinner. I ate blueberries this morning, but I'm not gonna lie, I wasnt a fan. Instead of 2 eggs and a cup of blueberries, I think I'm going to add 2 slices of grain bread into the mix because the former two dont fill me up. 2 eggs and some healthy yogurt do fill me up, but I would like variety so I dont get burnt out by eating the same thing everyday. This is especially important to me because being hungry during school is a no-no, especially when i have a test or something. Its hard to pay attention when all I can think about is food.

Im okay at lunch. But dinner is tough because my family isnt exactly being the most supportive. My mom cooks whatever she wants and is against me losing weight. So i just told her I'm doing all this to be healthy rather than lose fat.

So basically I want to eat a bigger breakfast (breakfast "like a king"), eat a smaller lunch, and even smaller dinner. Apparently thats the way you are supposed to eat.

also i want a large Papa John's pizza right now

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    As for nutrition, Ive been hungry ALL DAY. I'm hungry right now and I'm about to go to bed. I really need to eat more than I have been. I just need more variety of food. Right now I've been eating carrots and grapes at lunch, snack, and dinner. I ate blueberries this morning, but I'm not gonna lie, I wasnt a fan. Instead of 2 eggs and a cup of blueberries, I think I'm going to add 2 slices of grain bread into the mix because the former two dont fill me up. 2 eggs and some healthy yogurt do fill me up, but I would like variety so I dont get burnt out by eating the same thing everyday. This is especially important to me because being hungry during school is a no-no, especially when i have a test or something. Its hard to pay attention when all I can think about is food.
    That doesn't seem like enough protein in your meals. I'm not a nutritionist/dietitian, but I know a little about eating healthy. And I'm going to guess that the reason why eating two eggs with some yogurt fills you up more: because protein helps fill you up because of how your body digests it. (It takes longer to digest protein than carbs.)

There's a lot of variety with food that you can eat that will help fill you up. Try lean meats like chicken. Or, for breakfast, have cereal with high protein in some milk. (I'm not going to suggest what milk to drink because people can be picky about their milk. I don't mind drinking skim, but other people do. There's also the various nut milks like almond or cashew.) Have high protein oatmeal made with milk instead of water. Eat yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit. (And take a look at Greek-style yogurt, which is higher in protein and might be less in sugars. Not sure on the specifics, since I took a break from eating yogurt.)

For lunch, take a look at peanut butter. Peanut butter's a great source of protein. You can have it on a variety of sandwiches and there's some variety just in the flavors. And again, there's also the various nut butters you can look at.

Really, [good] fat, protein, and fiber are what you should be looking for when it comes to filling meals.

I don't know how much freedom you have at home with your food choices. So just do your best with whatever your mother allows you to try.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • That doesn't seem like enough protein in your meals. I'm not a nutritionist/dietitian, but I know a little about eating healthy. And I'm going to guess that the reason why eating two eggs with some yogurt fills you up more: because protein helps fill you up because of how your body digests it. (It takes longer to digest protein than carbs.)

There's a lot of variety with food that you can eat that will help fill you up. Try lean meats like chicken. Or, for breakfast, have cereal with high protein in some milk. (I'm not going to suggest what milk to drink because people can be picky about their milk. I don't mind drinking skim, but other people do. There's also the various nut milks like almond or cashew.) Have high protein oatmeal made with milk instead of water. Eat yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit. (And take a look at Greek-style yogurt, which is higher in protein and might be less in sugars. Not sure on the specifics, since I took a break from eating yogurt.)

For lunch, take a look at peanut butter. Peanut butter's a great source of protein. You can have it on a variety of sandwiches and there's some variety just in the flavors. And again, there's also the various nut butters you can look at.

Really, [good] fat, protein, and fiber are what you should be looking for when it comes to filling meals.

I don't know how much freedom you have at home with your food choices. So just do your best with whatever your mother allows you to try.

Every day i have counted the nutrients with the app I have gotten slightly above the percentage recommended for proteins. And for lunch, I do have either chicken or peanut butter lol. And the yogurt Ive been eating is Greek-style xD

Also im dropping milk unfortunately. I LOVE milk, but its healthier.

Sirfetch’d

am i the only one disappointed by the lack of asses in this thread

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • am i the only one disappointed by the lack of asses in this thread

maybe if i get a nice ass ill share it with everyone :P

in the mean time, i just ate 1800 calories worth of chicken nuggets and a milkshake from Chick-Fil-A today with a friend... we bought the 64 count nuggets just in case the Chick-Fil-A closes for a while cause of Irma. And we deserved it as a nice break after working for hours moving crap and putting of shutters and just generally preparing.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • That doesn't seem like enough protein in your meals. I'm not a nutritionist/dietitian, but I know a little about eating healthy. And I'm going to guess that the reason why eating two eggs with some yogurt fills you up more: because protein helps fill you up because of how your body digests it. (It takes longer to digest protein than carbs.)

Peanuts/peanut butter is a great source of fat but not such a good source of protein. Peanut protein is lacking in amino acid profile and is only something like 45% availability. I'm a strong proponent of plant based protein when it's an option, and as long as you're eating a wide range of foods it shouldn't really matter all that much, but using peanuts as a primary source of protein isn't such a great idea, especially when your goal is weight loss. Fat has 9 calories per gram as opposed to carbs and protein both having only 4. They're def healthy and have their place in a diet, but you should be shooting more towards leaner protein sources if possible. And it doesn't just take longer to digest protein, but your body actually uses more energy to break down protein into its amino acids for use, ergo it has a more thermogenic effect and actually helps aid in both weight loss and muscle preservation. So yeh, protein is super important.

I agree with dropping milk though. That shit is poison. It's so loaded up with hormones that I wouldn't touch the stuff. Those cows are kept pregnant like all year round and the stuff has tons of estrogens in it.

Carbs aren't really your enemy though. Try to shoot for more complex carbs if you can. Fruit is obviously the exception as it's loaded in fiber and phytonutrients, and doesn't spike insulin levels. Eat as much of the stuff as you want.

1800 calories in one meal? That's more than just a few hours of work bro. That's almost as much as you should be eating throughout the entire day, and from probably the worst food source at that... :|

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • 1800 calories in one meal? That's more than just a few hours of work bro. That's almost as much as you should be eating throughout the entire day, and from probably the worst food source at that... :|

well, it was my last meal before evacuating, so I wanted to make it count lol. Well, it turns out there area we evacuated to had a mandatory evacuation the day after we arrived, so I'm back home. And lets just say ill be eating like crap this next week with no power after Irma passes. So nothing refrigerated and nothing hot. Ill still keep track of my food, and at least preparation has required a lot of exercise carrying roofing shingles, sandbags, furniture, etc. And then ill be moving everything back... my dad unfortunately cant help because of his arm injury.

Last edited:
    Back