• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Stars of Sinnoh
    A Sinnoh RP
    11 spots open.

Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Sinnoh is flooded with legend and lore. It is believed to be the first region Arceus created. Home to Dialga and Palkia, along with the Lake Trio. Arceus himself supposedly resides there. Yet, there is so much more to the region than what meets the eye...

Sinnoh is a great place to study. It is littered with ancient ruins and monuments, along with many research facilities. It is home to one of the largest mountain ranges in the world. Not to mention, the underground mining system that runs throughout the whole region. There are four major lakes, and the Great Marsh. Needless to say, there is a lot to do and see in the Sinnoh Region.

One of the most notable things in Sinnoh, is the Lily Cove Conference. It is where the top trainers in Sinnoh go to duke it out and determine the #1 trainer. Because of this, new trainers are always beginning their journeys, coming from all over the world to to Sinnoh. But first, they must challenge and earn badges from the 8 gym leaders. This is no easy feat, which is why it is seen as such a big task.

You are a new trainer, just beginning your journey. Trying to figure out what you wish to do with your life. So, what better to do than challenge the Sinnoh League? By visiting Prof.Rowan in Sandgem Town, any young man or woman can receive a Pokedex and their Pokemon League License.

You will travel the ancient region, meeting friends and foes alike. You will grow as a person, learning and growing with your Pokemon. What you will do and how it will turn out, is all up to you.

If it isn't apparent, this will be a Sinnoh journey RP. It is mostly a sandbox RP, that I will partially control. You can do whatever the heck you want, as long as it's realistic. I will control the open locations, but you can choose what you want to do in those locations.

Everybody begins in Sandgem Town to receive their do-dads from Prof.Rowan. The surrounding routes and Twinleaf Town will be open, along with Lake Valor. I will open up the later locations as I see fit.

The Mechanics

Moves

Your Pokemon can have up to 6 moves. We will use the ORAS movesets. You may use egg moves and tutor moves, but TMs and HMs are not to be used. Honestly, how can a disk teach a Pokemon a move?

Egg moves and tutor moves can both be learned naturally. No need to breed or anything of the sort.

Capturing Pokemon

In a capture post, your post needs to end with the Pokemon in a pokeball. I will determine whether or not you actually captured the Pokemon. If you don't catch it, you can attack it a few times and try again, or go find something else to do.

You can also capture as many Pokemon as you want, but you may only carry 6 at a time. If you want to switch, you must visit a Pokemon Center.

You can trade with your fellow Roleplayers, but not with NPCs, unless I say so. If I let you trade with NPCs, it would be completely unfair. You could take your Starly and trade for a Staraptor.

Evolution

There are no levels, or anything of the sort. There is no happiness, beauty, or trade evolution. However, there is stone evolution.

If you wish to have your Pokemon evolve, notify the GM and await his decision.

Gyms Battles

All gyms will be normal battles, but you can decided which Pokemon the gym leader uses and how many. A list of Pokemon will be provided and you may choose which ones the leader uses.

You can lose the battle and still earn a badge. Likewise, you may win the battle and not earn a badge. End your gym posts with the battle ending and the GM will decide whether or not a badge is earned.

Team Galactic

Now this is the fun part! I will not throw a direct plot related to them, but it is assumed that Team Galactic has the same goals as in the games. It is up to all the players if they wish to incorporate them in their own plots. It isn't a bad idea to ask in the OOC if anybody wants to join you.

Legendary Pokemon

So, that would be Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Regigigas, Manaphy, and Phione. A lot.

It is assumed Team Galactic is attempting to take control of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. If you wish to incorporate any other legendaries in the plot, pitch your ideas in the OOC.

Rules:

- Keep it rated T
    -Follow all of the Roleplaying Corner and Roleplaying Lounge guidelines
    -R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to be (keeps singing)
    -Be active! Two weeks of inactivity will result in the boot. If you are going to be inactive for an extended period of time, let me know
    -So I know you read this, put "All Hail Lord Blarzigord" in your SU

Name: Pretty self-explanatory

Gender: Yeah, let's keep things simple with male and female.

Hometown: Anywhere in the Pokemon world. Keep it game canon and part of the main series. No Ransei, Almia, Fiore, or Orre.

Appearance: Provide a picture, or a written description. Heck, both if you want.

Personality:
    How they act around certain people and pokemon.

Battle Style: How your character battles. Include strengths and weaknesses.

History: Your character's past. Include their family, how they received their first pokemon, and anything else you think is important.

Available Starters:
    The available starter pokemon can be any unevolved non-legendary pokemon, with the exception of the bigger ones such as Tropius, Rhyhorn and similar pokemon, and pokemon that have a status as really rare, such as phione, Sprititomb, Rotom and similar.

Players:​
    (Click For SU)

Likarus his first post:

Mark Vens
    Pokemon Dollar: 3000
    Current Location: Sandgem Town​
    Party:
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Mark walked into Sandgem Town, looking very ill from his trip. He looked around, searching for the professor's place, he didn't thought about it too much and decided to let his Pokemon have a fresh air. Sending out his Pokemon, Teltoise, his eyes glow as he watches his Pokemon get out of it's ball as this is his first time having his own Pokemon. Mark introduced himself to his Pokemon, he thought that it would be good for them to introduce each other, the newborn Squirtle could only say ''Squirtle'' which made Mark remember that Pokemon can't speak to humans unless they have the power to use telepathy. Mark took his Pokemon and placed her on top of his head ''Hang on'' said Mark.

When Mark found the lab, he wasted no time, he enters the lab and looks for the professor. Mark notices a girl in the lab and decided to approach her, the girl was surprised when he saw the young trainer, the girl introduced herself as Dawn and her Pokemon is Piplup, Mark introduced himself as well, she then explained that the professor was in the Pokemon Center and will be back right away. ''Speaking of which, there he is'' Dawn said while pointing towards the door, the professor of Sinnoh was there. Dawn walked up to the professor and said, ''Professor, he is one of the new trainers that will be receiving their items'', ''Where are my manners, my name is Mark, and I would like to sign up for the Pokemon League and as a trainer'' Mark quickly said. The professor then walks to his desk, ''My name is Professor Rowan, you seem to be in such a young age to be a trainer, but that seems to be fine as I can see that you already have a Pokemon with you'' said the professor while taking a Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs, ''Here are your Pokeballs and your Pokede-'' Mark cuts off the professor and said ''Is it possible for you to upgrade my Pokedex instead?''. The professor asks Mark to let him borrow his Pokedex for a few seconds, the professor then explains ''Unfortunately, this Pokedex is very old, I can't upgrade it, but I can transfer the data to the new Pokedex'' Mark agrees with the professor for the data transferal, it was successful and Mark allowed the professor to keep the old Pokedex instead. ''Now, here is your 5 Pokeballs and your Pokedex. I will also give you your Pokemon League License'' said the professor while giving the items to Mark. ''Thank you, Professor Rowan, i'll be off then'' Mark said while waving to the professor and Dawn.

Mark leaves the lab and walks over to Route 201, there he encounters a wild Bidoof, ''A new pokemon!'' Mark jumps in excitement, he orders Squirtle to fight, which Squirtle agrees on doing so. Mark first ordered Squirtle to do Bubble, the move hit Bidoof and slowed it down a bit, Bidoof then tried to use Tackle on Squirtle, which Mark quickly ordered Squirtle to use Hydro Pump, which stopped Bidoof on it's attack and damaged it aswell. Bidoof made a counter attack by using Rollout, which suprised Mark in the process, Mark was getting more excited, and ordered Squirtle to use Hydro Pump that finally made Bidoof weak enough, Mark then used his pokeball to try and capture Bidoof.

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

The First Day on the Road
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Dan had just arrived at Sandgem town, and he was already regretting not taking sandals with him. He could look past the sand in his shoes, though. Sandgem was a pretty town. The small houses, and the sandy paths gave a very serene and calm atmosphere to the town. The laboratory was easy to spot between the houses. All the houses had sloped roofs, but the lab's was flat. All the houses were very far apart, so even though Dan could see it, he still had to walk a good twenty minutes before he finally had reached it. He knocked on the door, and while waiting for it to be answered, he took off his shoes. They were filled with sand, and Dan dreaded the coming days of walking. He emptied the sand out of shoes, and the door opened. A young girl with a white hat and blue hair poked her outside.
    "Hey there," she said, "who might you be?" Dan rushed his shoes back on, and put his hand behind his head. "I'm Dan," he said awkwardly, "and I'm going to assume you aren't professor Rowan?" The girl giggled. Dan walked in and she closed the door. "He's over there," she gestured in the direction of a doorway. The room behind it was filled with books, and in the middle there was a man, nose deep in a huge book. Dan coughed, to get his attention. The man looked up.
    "Owh, I'm so sorry," He said, "who might you be?" Dan introduced himself, and the man introduced himself as professor Rowan. Rowan stood up and walked to a cabinet.
    "You were here for a license right?" He said, as he rummaged through the contents of the cabinet.
    "Yeah, and I heard you have some books I could borrow." Rowan closed the cabinet, and walked over to Dan. "I think Dawn put those apart somewhere, you'll have to talk to her for those," he said. He handed Dan a license, and with it five pokeballs. "These are for me?" Dan asked.
    "Consider them a gift," Rowan said. "I look forward to reading that paper of yours, when it's done." Dan smiled. It really was a big compliment to have such a big name in the field say that about his paper. He stood up, thanked the professor, and left.

Dan had picked up the books from Dawn, and was reading them now, sitting against a tree on route 202. His Turtwig played around his feet. The pages were filled with the history of Sandgem town, how it came to be and how the town developed. He heard rumbling through the leaves, and he looked up. A Litleo neared, his head sticking through the bushes. Turtwig ran towards Dan, and hid behind him. Dan stood up, and walked towards the Litleo, his Turtwig reluctantly following him. The Litleo walked back, looking at Dan with a mix of curiosity and fear. When Dan came to close, it jumped out and tackled Dan, who fell over. Dan laughed. "I guess this isn't the right way to catch pokemon," He said to himself. He stood up, and grabbed a pokeball from his bag.
    "Turtwig use tackle!" Turtwig launched itself at the Litleo, hitting it in the side. The feline pokemon fell back, stood up, and launched a counter attack. Small fireballs left the Litleo's mouth as it used Ember. "Turtwig, withdraw!" Turtwig pulled itself back into its shell, but got hit directly by the ember. It popped out of the shell again, and ran towards the Litleo, whose pupils turned red for a second, and gave a scary glare to Turtwig.
    "Trying to scare my Turtwig with leer?" said Dan, "You're a clever little pokemon." He laughed when he said that.
    "Turtwig, use bite!" Turtwig let its jaw sink in the Litleo, who couldn't move with the heavy Turtwig attached to it. The Litleo turned its head around, and used ember again. This time Turtwig didn't get the time to hide in its shell, and it took the flames right to the face. From shock he let his grip on the Litleo go.
    "Use tackle again, Turtwig!" Turtwig jumped towards the Litleo again, hiting him again. They tumbled through the air, and Turtwig managed to land on top.
    "Now use Bite again!" The Litleo got snapped by Turtwigs huge jaws again, and it seemed to have lost its will to fight. Dan crossed his fingers, and threw a pokeball

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @Likarus The Bidoof seemed to be rather strong for its species. It jumped out of the pokeball quickly and continued using rollout.

@MorallyIncorrect captured Litleo!

@Churaka captured Growlithe!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • [font="Century Gothic"]
    John Pryce – Beginnings –
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

John regretted everything. It was all his fault. Clearly. The reason he was in Sinnoh. Or at least that was what he liked to think, because if he didn't blame himself, then he obviously blamed his father. Which wasn't a great idea. He thought about his dad, and then his house and the woods outside his home, and he felt sick to his stomach. On the ship people had offered him ginger candies. Apparently they didn't help with homesickness. After he stood on Sinnoh's soil (asphalt) for the first time, he was taken to the complete opposite site of the country by one of his dad's friend's Bill.

So he wanted to sleep. But it was the daytime, and he had "Pokemoning" to do, as Bill put it. John wanted to yell at him, but instead he just smiled, probably looking like someone formulating an evil plan. He resisted the urge to feel his face, and thanked Bill.

Bill flew off again.

John was seemingly alone in Sandgem town. He didn't like it. The town was very small. It must get boring living with the same twenty people for your life, John thought, plus where did the kids go to school? It didn't seem like a sustainable plan anymore, no matter how much John loved the wild.

He needed to find a Professor Rowan. Right. John reached back into his backpack, and fumbled around, trying to locate Phoebe's pokeball. He wasted no time in freeing her from her mini-prison. She looked tired as well. John smiled down at her and looked up. He noticed the one person in the entire town heading from the left, and exiting out into the route ahead. So, he figured the left was probably the right way to go.

John entered the lab, and at first was taken aback by the fabulous technology on display. There were flashing lights and liquids flowing all around him, and he didn't really like it. The area was shone like a disco ball, turning rapidly as lights beeped at pre-determined intervals. Professor Rowan was leaning over a tiny machine, fiddling with the insides holding some sort of screwdriver, a Phillip's head? John wasn't sure. He stood there, silently. Phoebe rolled her head around in a circle, cracking her neck. John cleared his throat. "Yes Dawn?" Rowan called out, not turning around. John paused for a second.
    "Dawn?" He ventured.

Professor Rowan turned around, "Oh. Hi. Are you here to get a Pokeball and dex? There have been so many of you lately."
    "Uh, yes," Rowan fumbles with some things on the table he was using earlier, before turning around with an orange machine in one hand, and a Pokeball in another. "Here you are," He says, waiting for John to take them.
    "Uh… Aren't there supposed to be more Pokeballs?"
    "I can only carry so many things at one time you know."
    "Right," John took the devices. He pocketed the Pokedex, and fumbled with the Pokeball. Rowan handed him another two Pokeballs, filling John's hands. The next two were unwelcome, as John had to balance them on his wrists. It didn't work out.

And so John set off into the world of Sinnoh. He waltzed over to a route, wanting to do some battling. And he got what he was looking for. Phoebe tagged along behind him, plodding through the grass. She saw a taller patch rustling, and stood in front of John, waiting for the inevitable battle. A Growlithe jumped out of the area. John smiled, the type complimenting Phoebe's. "Phoebe use Earthquake," This would be a piece of cake. The Growlithe leapt forwards and bit down on Phoebe's arm. She winced and stepped back, getting a little close to John. She then forced the Pokemon onto the ground, and used Earthquake. The move should've knocked the Pokemon out. But instead it just shimmered and turned black.

John stared at the new creature in front of him, confused. He had never seen anything like it before, and it certainly wasn't a Growlithe. This intrigued him. Before John had any time to react, the Pokemon used Dark Pulse, and leapt backwards. John concluded that the Pokemon was in fact a dark type, due to its move usage. Or at least partially. "Use Stone Edge," He ventured. Phoebe focused, and rocks in the surrounding area rose into the air and moved to strike the dark Pokemon. Instead they ended up missing terribly. The dark pokemon leapt forwards, using Bite again, and Phoebe looked not so happy. That was probably the last hit she would take. John thought fast, "Crunch!" Phoebe bit down on the Pokemon directly below her. The shot was close, and before the other Pokemon could get in a counter attack, John tossed out his Pokeball.
    [/font]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @ewery1 The Zorua broke free. Apparently a strong Pokemon can't be captured with only two attacks.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• Zero and Artie
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]
    | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown| Unknown | Unknown

Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]
    | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown| Unknown | Unknown

Zero gazed out the window of the train. Sinnoh was a beautiful place. He watched as the old trees slowly drifted by. "Are we there yet?" Zero grunted in annoyance. Beautiful as Sinnoh was, Zero was still the impatient kid who had left Unova. "Treeko-Tree!" Trek replied through his chewing twig. "Mhm…" Zero sighed continuing to stare out the window very bored.

"Ask one more time..." Artis responded, still jealous of Zero and his spot next to the window. "Its not cold in here, im sweating, and you're a fire type, WHY do you insist on being in my jacket?! I'm HOT" Artie scolded Sass as she again attempted to crawl into her hood. She gave her a look only desperate measures pulled out of her, eyes all watery and pleading. "Fine, but when I get heatstroke, you better morph into a Squirtle!" Artie complained and leaned forward and Sass hopped into her hood.

"Hello, passegers, we'll be arriving in Sandgem town station in a few minutes. Please ensure that all of your belongings are secured before departing." A woman's voice echoed over the PA system. "Looks like this is our stop." Zero announced. "Treeko-Tree!" Trek agreed.

They picked up their bags and followed the rest of the passengers out and after consulting a map began heading towards Prof. Rowan's lab to receive their pokedexes.

Zero and Artis continued down the worn path that had been traveled by thousands before them. Eventually reaching the new looking building. "Rowan Pokémon laboratory, Unearthing the mysteries of Evolution." Zero read. Outside was a young girl with a piplup, her blue hair covered by a pink and white beanie like hat. "Isn't it a little cold for a skirt?" Zero asked suddenly.

Artie looked over from a distracting passerby to silently judge the young lady standing in front of her. She definitely looked a little out of season, considering how appreciative Artie was for the Torchic nestled in her jacket. But at the same time, the young lady was vibrating almost with energy, and was probably making up for any shivering that should have been happening. Artie felt Sass pull in a sudden breath and she reached back to stifle any comments for the time being, and feigned petting her.

"Are you looking for the professor?" The girl asked, blatantly ignoring Zero's question. "Indeed we are, Zero and Artis, here for Pokémon league registration. If thats not too much of a problem for you. Stairs and all. "

"What happened to playing it cool?!" Artie wheezed into Zero's ear.

"She's like three feet tall! I was being polite." Zero smirked cheezily. "Follow me." The impishly dressed child sighed pointing towards the doors.

Artie and Zero followed behind the young lady obediently into the lab. The place was small and had a homely feeling, but also a clean and professional air. In a large open room a tall fatherly looking man was at work. "Proffesor Rowan?" The lady called and Rowan quickly turned and smiled when he saw them.
    "Hello there! I'm Professor Rowan," he exclaimed with more energy than the young lady who had escorted us in had, and came forward to shake hands with Artie and Zero.

"Hiya Gramps!" Zero smiled, shaking the man's hand. Artie shook his hand after," it's nice to meet you" she said politely and Sass pecked Zero in the back of the head for her.

"Oi!" Zero grunted, rubbing the back of his head. Trek and Sass laughed at the boy's misfortune. Artie looked over the wound and shrugged ambivalently.

"Anyhow! You two are in search of your beginner pokeballs and pokedexes?" Rowan asked cheerfully and was already walking over to a desk before they could reply.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry for our pokemon's behaviors." Artie replied, cutting off another snarky comment from Zero.

"Well they seem like they're close, so it is all in jest! Now, here are your beginner supplies," the professor said and handed the items to the two teens.

"Hello! I am Dexter!" The device in Zero's hand chirped. "Biometric scan complete! Name, Zero. Age,16. Pokémon league registration complete."

"I'm surprise he didn't comment on your height," Artie remarked smugly as Dextetta did her whole scanny thing to her as well." Professor, i can't give Dextetta a name of my own can I?" I asked while trying to hide an impish smirk.

"No, unfortunately you can't," Rowan replied kindly. "Anyhow, is there any other way I can help you two? Any questions about your pokemon?" He inquired.

"Well... Actually, where is the first Pokémon gym located?" Zero asked. "Oh, the gym I reccomend you challenge is in Oreburgh city. Its a bit of a hike though, you'll pass through Jubilife city though, a nice enough place." The professôr replied. "However I would reccomend you both train your Pokémon before challenging Roark.p, because, well no offense, but your Pokémon don't appear to have much battle experien- "Rowan attempted to say, but was interrupted by both pokemon making themselves visible in whatever way and puffing themselves up and holding their breath, until they began to change colors.

"Ah! Perfect! How about you two have a little Pokemon battle!" Rowan beamed.

Pokemon trainer Artie would like to battle!

Artie sent out Sass!

Zero sent out Trek!

"Alright! Lets get a move on! Aerial ace!" Zero ordered.

Sass saw the oncoming Aerial ace and before Artie could think of a command, Sassifrass ran to her and hid inside of her hood, shamelessly whimpering. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Artie squeaked and pivoted around trying to see Sass,"YOU HAVE THE TYPE ADVANTAGE!!!" She then growled before sighing and facepalming.

Trek however, was unable to stop the attack, smacking Artie and Sass in one swipe. Landing on her back, Artie managed keep her weight off of Sass.

"Now, I don't want to say 'i told you so', but you two are lucky that Trek has little power, otherwise you would be in the hospital Artie," Rowan advised wisely, folding his hands in front of himself in a sort of 'down boy' motion.

"Come on! Is this a battle or a talk-fest." Zero whined, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Go fight your own pet if you're that impatient!" Artie whined and then looked to Rowan to intervene.

"Let this just be a lesson, I would suggest you two practice a little more on inanimate objects before each other, now run along before you dear Treeko decided to find something else to fight," Rowan said and ushered the two out of his lab before they could finish saying their good-byes.

"Smell ya later Gramps!" Zero grinned mischievously. The man snorted and slammed the door on them.

Artie punched Zero half heartedly in the arm before turning towards the small town before them. "Sass are you okay?" She asked and felt a rustle and heard a small chirp, and decided that it meant 'yes'.

"Alright Zero, where should we head first?"

"I think the old man is probabbly right. We need to train up before heading roward's Oreburgh. So I think we should split up and meet back here when your ready to head off to Oreburgh." Zero replied thoughtfully.

"Sounds good to me, but don't worry I'll be around, so if you get scared you can come running to mommy," Artie joked, and then they walked to the edge of town where they split up.

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Current Location: Route 201​
    Party:
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

''I've never seen a Pokemon withstand 2 Hydro Pumps like that! This makes me want to catch it more!'' Mark jumped in excitement as he orders his Teltoise ''Don't let your guard down, it seems like a weak Pokemon at first, but it's really strong''. Teltoise used another Hydro Pump at Bidoof, Mark thought that it will finally defeat the Bidoof, but the Bidoof was able to withstand Hydro Pump by using the move 'Rollout' again. ''Offense is the great defense huh?'' Mark questioned himself, ''Teltoise, use withdraw!'' Teltoise obeyed and hid in it's shell, the Bidoof then tried to attack Teltoise by using the move 'Tackle' ''You took the bait, Bidoof'' Teltoise then used Hydro Pump inside it's shell, Teltoise rotated while using Hydro Pump which hit Bidoof 4 times. Mark thought it was his chance, Bidoof was definitely strong for his type, Bidoof used the move 'Superpower' which surprised Mark as he ordered his Teltoise to use 'Protect', Bidoof then proceeded to use Take Down, but Teltoise easily dodged it because of Bidoof's exhaustion and lack of speed, Bidoof also accidentally hitted a tree instead that dealt damage to him. Mark then ordered Teltoise to use 'Bubble', it hitted Bidoof and slowed it down a bit. ''This guy is weakened, go Pokeball!'' Mark shouted as he threw the Pokeball at it's head.

Years
  • Grayson White
    New Mythology

Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

------------------------------------
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

------------------------------------

So, this is Sandgem Town, huh? Grayson looked around the small village and took a deep breath in. The salty tang of the sea breeze was familiar, but the sunlight wasn't. The sand was new, too, but Grayson always wore flip-flops, anyway. Grayson was used to the shade of the trees, the moisture of the grass under his feet, and the constant downpour that made up his home. Ah, no matter. This whole trip is about growing up, isn't it? And part of growing up is being exposed to new things. Grayson knew he had to see a "Professor Rowan" to receive his Pokédex and Poké Balls, but why rush? He wanted to soak in the new surroundings. Sinnoh was a much colder region than Hoenn. The nip in the air was quite noticeable, and the air was drier. It kept Grayson from drowsing off or getting lost in thought. This trip may take more getting used to than I thought....

Grayson took in a deep breath and stretched his arms high over his head. "Well, I suppose it's time we head off, shall we Ferrum?" As he said this, Grayson held out Ferrum's Poké Ball for it to open and release his Aron. Ferrum greeted Grayson in his iconic way of rearing back on his hind legs and shaking his front legs. Grayson chuckled and bent down to pet Ferrum's metallic head. "Exciting, isn't it? Your first time out in a new region. Well, we should head over to the Sandgem Pokémon Lab. We're supposed to pick up some Poké Balls and a Pokédex. I suppose you're excited to have some new friends." Ferrum let out a delighted chirping metallic growl. Grayson stood up and, with Ferrum walking alongside him, made his way over to the Lab.

-------------​

A few minutes of walking, and Grayson found himself in front of a rather large metal building with automatic doors. Grayson stepped inside and was immediately flooded with sounds of computers humming and researchers shuffling papers. Grayson was simultaneously taken aback and intrigued by the environment. He had never seen anything like it. All of the buildings he's ever been in were built onto trees. In Fortree, the loudest noise you'd hear on any given day was the sound of footsteps on the wooden bridges. Grayson must have stood for a minute or two staring at the hustle and bustle of the lab when a young girl with long blue hair came to him and asked him what his name was. Grayson didn't hear her at first.

"Umm... hello?" the young girl tried to get his attention again. Ferrum gave Grayson's leg a small headbutt to snap him out of his daze. "Oh! Oh, sorry. Uh... I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said." The young girl chuckled lightly and spoke up again. "I'm Dawn, and I help Professor Rowan here at the lab. And your name is?"

"Oh, um... my name is Grayson. Uh, I'm actually here to see Mister Professor Rowan." Grayson felt quite nervous. Dawn is the first person he's spoken to in a vastly new region. In fact, Dawn may have been the first person around Grayson's age that Grayson has spoken to in a long time.

"Yes, he's been expecting a few new Trainers. You're the seventh one to come in, so far."
    "Oh, wow. That's something."
    "Yeah.... Who's your friend there?" Dawn asked, pointing to Ferrum, who was pressing itself closely to Grayson's leg. This was Ferrum's first time seeing so many people, as well. "He seems quite fond of you."
    "Oh, this is Ferrum. He's kind of nervous because he's never been in this type of environment before," Grayson replied.
    Dawn looked up at Grayson and remarked, "Well, I can see that Ferrum isn't the only one. Oh, we should go see Professor Rowan. Follow me."

Grayson laughed a little at the comment. He picked up Ferrum and followed Dawn to an old, but stern-looking man with sharp eyes. He had his face buried in a textbook while simultaneously writing notes vigorously in a notebook. "Professor," Dawn called, "another Trainer is here!"

The man didn't look up from his work. "Yes, yes, another one. Just a moment." Professor Rowan took down three more notes before he got up and turned to face Grayson. "So, you're a new Trainer? I assume you have a Pokédex reserved. The Pokédex is an amazing tool that lets you record data on Pokémon that you've seen or captured. Also, once you register your Pokédex to yourself, the registration will synchronize with the Pokémon League database, and you'll be able to challenge Gym Leaders." After Professor Rowan's spiel, he walked over to a cardboard box, from which he pulled out a Pokédex.

Grayson set Ferrum down on the floor and took the Pokédex. "Wow, thank you." After Grayson registered himself to it, Dawn handed him five Poké Balls. "You'll have to use these to catch Pokémon, but I'm sure you already knew that," she explained. Grayson dropped the Poké Balls into the Poké Balls section of his messenger bag. "Thank you, both of you. I suppose I'll head off now." Grayson left the Pokémon Lab feeling a little excited. "Hey, Ferrum. Let's head over to the beach. There was something there that I wanted to see."

-------------​

The beach in Sandgem was quite nice. Grayson was impressed at how smoothly Sandgem was connected with the ocean; the houses were merely a stone's throw from the beach itself. And the beach was teeming with wildlife. There were Wingull were circling overhead. A few Hoppip were riding the gentle sea breeze. A Corphish and a Krabby were snapping at each other by the ocean. Grayson sat down, closed his eyes, and felt the sun soak into his skin. It felt very pleasant. Grayson could have easily sat there for an hour if Ferrum hadn't began making a metallic growling noise and nudging Grayson's arm. Grayson slowly opened his eyes to see a pink Shellos slowly squirming along in front of him. The Shellos stopped, turned its head, and stared into Grayson's eyes. Grayson stared back. For a minute, the two just stared at each other. Then, Grayson stood up, brushing the sand off of himself.

"I know we don't usually do this Ferrum, but I really want that Shellos, for some reason. Are you ready?" Ferrum chirped back at Grayson and assumed an offensive stance. "Okay, start off with Headbutt!" Ferrum charged at the Shellos and slammed its hard head into the Sea Slug Pokémon. Grayson had pulled out his Pokédex to see what it had to say about Shellos. Well, Ferrum is at a disadvantage, but I believe in him. The Headbutt sent the Shellos tumbling over. It got up and, using the wet sand around it, hurled a Mud Bomb at Ferrum. Ferrum was knocked back by the super-effective hit. This isn't looking good, but I think Ferrum can hold up with its defensive abilities. I'll have to watch out for Shellos' moves now. "Okay, Ferrum, let's try out that trick Winona taught us; use Magnet Rise!" Ferrum focused intently on its limbs, until a small magnetic force began repelling him off the ground. "Now, try Rock Tomb!" Ferrum let out a metallic roar as its eyes lit up and rocks began descending on Shellos, impeding its movement. The distressed Shellos began charging up a ball of water, which it released as a wide pulsating beam towards Ferrum. "Try to evade it, Ferrum!" Ferrum floated to the side in an attempt to avoid the Water Pulse, but was partially hit nonetheless. He had a pained look on his face, and could no longer keep up the energy for Magnet Rise. Grayson winced a little when Ferrum dropped to the sand. "Ferrum, try one last Headbutt! Then you can rest." Ferrum, while still in pain, grew a determined look, and began charging at the still-immobilized Shellos. It collided powerfully with Shellos, knocking off some of the rocks that were pinning down the Shellos. Alright, let's try this now. Grayson reached into his bag for a Poké Ball, and tossed it at the weak Shellos.

Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    The Grief Squad
    Max Ramsey
    Location- Sunyshore City
    Current Grief Squad-
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

"Hurry up kid, I don't have all day!" The sailor croaked as he watched Max leisurely stroll off of the ship. Max yawned as he walked past the ship's captain, which only served to anger him more. "Next time you take this long, you're comin' back to Kanto." He bawled waving his fist in the air. Max ducked in order to dodge the flying fist. Of course he knew the sailor had no intention of hitting him, but in that situation, why be sorry when you could be safe?
    "Hey, um I have a question." Max muttered, while looking blankly around the docks of Sunyshore. "Where exactly is this professor's lab?" The young trainer continued.
    The sailor simply rested his face in his palm with an exasperated sigh. After taking a few quick breaths to compose himself, he picked up a map and trotted down the steps off the ship. After reaching Max, he unfolded the map and pointed towards Sandgem Town. "That's where you're going." He then pointed at Canalave City. "That's where the ship from Cinnibar would've taken you, if you could be bothered to go that far." After finishing his rant, the sailor left Max with the map and began his way back up the steps. Before Max interupted.
    "Th...this is, to scale right?" He stuttered, clearly in fright. The sailor laughed menacingly, as he continued up the steps. Max grabbed the poke'ball around his waist and threw it to the ground. A Chespin materialized from the ball. "Alright Brycen I have good news and bad news." The Chespin tilted its head in confusion. Max continued on. "You see, the bad news is that we have to disband the Grief Squad. The good news is if you're coming we can still make the ship back to Vermill..." Max was interrupted by a voice in the distance.
    You're honestly going to end your pokemon journey because of a little walk?" The man's golden hair seemed to glisten in the sunlight. He was tall and wore a black jacket. Max raised his brow in response to the man's words, before showing him the map. The man chuckled. "I know, it's a journey I've done a few times myself."
    "You're a trainer?" Max announced, noticing the poke'balls on the man's waist. The man nodded.
    "I'm Volkner, the Sunyshore gym leader." He seemed to beam confidence as he said that. He walked to the edge of the dock. Before gazing off into the direction of the sun.
    "Fitting." Max retorted, making clear reference to Volkner's hair. The gym leader chuckled again. He grabbed a poke'ball and out came an Alakazam. Volkner pointed to Max, who was concerned as this was done in immediate response to his earlier comment. The Alakazam grabbed Max and teleported him and Brycen away before he even had a chance to make a fuss.
    They arrived in Rowan's lab, and again before Max could say a word, the Alakazam vanished. Max sat in shock. An old man with white hair, came around the corner and was startled by Max's presence. He approached the grounded trainer.
    "Dawn!" He shouted, please warn me when you invite trainers in. Dawn turned in confusion.
    "Professor, I haven't..." She stopped as she noticed Max sitting on the ground. Rowan and Dawn both looked at Max in confusion. Rowan leaned over to talk to him.
    "Young trainer, how did you get here?" Rowan asked. Max, still disorientated, responded as best he could.
    "Ala...Volk...Wrong ship." He seemed to drift off. Luckily Rowan was a smart man and managed to put the pieces together eventually.
    After a while Max awoke with a Poke'dex in his lap and 5 poke'balls on the dresser beside him. He smiled at the thought. Him a genuine pokemon trainer.
    He waved goodbye to Rowan and Dawn and left the lab. Before he left Rowan had mentioned a nearby lake - Max knew exactly what he wanted to do. He arrived at Lake Verrity after getting a few directions. Immediately he recalled his Chespin and threw himself against a tree to rest, gazing out into the crystal lake.
    "Beautiful, isn't it." he spoke peacefully. He'd found his calling, and he absolutely loved it. After a few minutes of enjoying the scenery, Max noticed an incredibly distracting flapping noise nearby. He walked around the trees for a while, peering in every so often to catch a glimpse of the noises source.
    "A pokemon!" A pokemon, clearly a flying type, was stuck in the trees. Max quickly ran over to it, trying to untangle its leg. He managed to untangle it's leg but the frustrated pokemon was unsure what exactly was happening and decided to Tackle Max.
    Brycen jumped in the way and took the attack for his trainer. The Chespin picked himself, and heeded his trainers order to use Tackle himself. Max looked down at his Poke'dex which seemed to have new information in it.
    "Starly, huh. Looks like you're gonna be the first catch." He growled triumphantly as if the pokemon was already his. He balled up his fist and demanded his Chespin go in for another attack. "Brycen, use take down." Chespin's attack seemed to do significant damage, knocking the Starly back into a nearby tree. The trainer praised his pokemon before demanding another attack. This time the Starly dodged the oncoming Tackle and flew up into the air. Max hesitated unsure of his next move. Time was not on the trainer's side however, as the Starly pummeled the Chespin from the air.
    "Dammit!" He cried out as his Chespin attempted recover from the powerful attack. He knew that it wasn't going to take another, being a grass type. Max had to think on his feet. He watched the airborne pokemon as it hovered over the water.
    "Ugh that's it. Brycen, this'll take everything ya got, but if you're up for this we can pull it off." Brycen nodded. "Hit it with bite!" Brycen began to run, knowing that if he missed, he'd fall straight into the lake. Brycen lept attempting to bite the Starly. The bird backed off, using its wings to create a mini tornado. Chespin fell into the water outcold. Max hung his head in shame.
    "Sorry Brycen, he groaned. The Starly however was still enraged, and dove into the water after the injured Chespin. It hit the water and began flailing it's now wet wings in struggle. Seeing this opportunity Max threw his poke'ball at the wet bird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @Likarus captured a Bidoof!

@TheCanceler captured Shellos! The Pokemon had the strength to escape the pokeball, but liked you for some reason.

@SYDARAXO220 captured Starly! Normally, the Pokemon would escape, but its wet wings made it much weaker.

Broderick Minin "Bro"
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Home is Where the Technology Is
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Broderick watched as the Sinnoh region came into view. His helicopter pilot had become quite tired of having to keep his passenger alive. Broderick was constantly putting his head over the side of the aircraft or trying to release Shane, along with a plethora of other things. Needless to say, this pilot deserved a really good tip.

The mountain tops were coming into view, mesmerizing Broderick. Most of them were snow tipped, but the highest one he noticed wasn't. It actually appeared to be quite plain.

"That's Mt.Coronet kid. One of the tallest mountains in the world. Supposedly the place where you can summon three really powerful legendaries. I don't know their names though," the pilot informed Bro. Bro didn't care what the mountains were for, they just looked cool.

After about ten more minutes of flying, the helicopter began to park in a very small town. It had very few buildings, spread far apart, and was mostly covered in sand. Broderick also noticed a beach, but he wasn't one for swimming or playing in water.

As the helicopter landed, sand swirled around the air and anybody who was outside went back to their homes. Broderick felt bad for creating such a ruckus, but there wasn't much he could do about it.

"Thanks a lot sir! Tell my parents I miss them," Broderick lied. He was pretty glad to be out of his parents' grasp and on his own now. He felt a sense of freedom.

"Will do kid. Be safe and have fun," the pilot replied. He flew back off, causing sand to try to make it into Bro's eyes. Bro did however, quickly release Shane who loved the sand.

Shane was a Pokemon that was given to Bro about a month before he left. His parents spent a lot of money on the Pokemon and it was well worth it. Shane was basically Bro's new best friend. Not to mention, he wasn't a bad battler.

Bro remembered that he needed to find Prof.Rowan's Pokemon Lab. In such a small city, it shouldn't be too hard. Right?

After twenty minutes of running around town, an older lady opened here window.

"Is that doggone sandstorm over now?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

"Um... Yeah. But, can you help me? I'm looking for the Prof.Rowan's lab. Can you help me please?" Bro asked politely.

"Turn around. You see that big building? That's it. Now leave me alone," the old lady said coldly, shutting her window.

No reason to be so rude. Bro thought. However, he disregarded the old ladies words and started on his way to the lab. He had to constantly stop Shane from playing in the sand too long, falling behind. Still, it only took about ten minutes to reach the lab.

Bro wrapped on the door, waiting for an answer. An older man opened the door. He was wearing a blue vest and had white hair with a mustache. His face looked stern, as if he were angry about something.

"You must be Broderick. I received a call, notifying me that you would be here. I already have everything ready for you. Please, come inside while I retrieve your items," Prof.Rowan said politely. Er, who Broderick assumed was Prof.Rowan. Either way, the man was much nicer than he appeared to Bro.

Bro stepped into the large building and saw assistants observing experiments or recording data. Several machines could be heard beeping or had some kind of flashing lights. They looked very complicated and hi-tech, reminding Bro of Opelucid. His hometown was just so bright and modern, with cool things to look at everywhere you turned. As much as he was going to love this journey, he knew that he would miss his city.

Shane was with Bro and remained close to his leg, slightly nudging Bro. Bro didn't mind though, he found it rather comforting.

Prof.Rowan came briskly walking back, with a box that was neatly wrapped in a white cloth.

"I knew you were coming, so everything is in there. Your Pokedex and a few pokeballs for you to use. I give them to every new trainer, just to assist them in getting started," Prof.Rowan said. Bro gently grabbed the box and handed back the white cloth, It was a simple brown deliver box, but it was nice nonetheless.

Inside was a small red gadget that had a few buttons and a bright screen. Next to it were five pokeballs. Bro took the liberty of strapping them to his belt so he could easily reach them.

"Well, thanks Professor!" Bro said excitedly.

"No problem boy. Now, I'm going to send you off now. It's time you get started on your journey. Make sure to stay out of trouble," Rowan said. Bro looked at him blankly, waiting for him to finish.

"I will Professor. Well, bye!"

With that, Bro exited the lab, ready to start his new journey.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • [font="Century Gothic"]
    John Pryce – Damn Black Thing –
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

The pokeball popped back open. That annoyed John. A lot. Before the dark Pokemon had time to attack, he called out, "Iron Head!" The Pokeball was directly in front of Phoebe, and so the attack hit without a flaw. John grinned as the Pokemon tumbled backwards. It recovered quickly and used Dark Pulse, the energy draining the Larvitar once again. Phoebe didn't look so good. He thought she wouldn't even survive that attack, but he hadn't battled much with her recently, so she had gotten quite a bit of rest. She growled, baring her teeth and the earth shook. John didn't give her the command, but he wasn't complaining. Not right now anyways. The opposing force leapt forwards, smashing in a Headbutt. Phoebe flew back, down for the count. If this Pokeball didn't work, then John was screwed. He hoped for the best and threw a second ball.
    [/font]

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @Ewery1 The ball slowly rocked back once. Then twice, before it started rocking back and forth uncontrollably. It finally settled down, and a gentle "click" could be heard. Ewer1 caught Zorua!

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Current Location: Sandgem Town​
    Party:
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

A New Member

''Whew'' said the boy named Mark, ''Alright then, a new team member, i'm going to call you Dave''. Mark sat in the ground for awhile, thinking where he should be headed out next ''Should I go to Lake Verity to check out the place, and maybe catch a few Pokemon? Or should I go to Twinleaf Town, I could meet new people and Pokemon there as well'' Mark sent out his new member and introduced Teltoise and himself to the new guy, ''I got a good idea, we should try and train your moves 'Bubble' and 'Superpower', that way we can form a good strategy''. Mark stood up, Teltoise jumped off of Mark's head and Mark pointed at a tree and commanded both Teltoise and Dave to use their moves. Teltoise's Bubble didn't do much damage, some of the bubbles didn't go off, Dave's Superpower wasn't that strong, it took out the remaining bubbles creating sparkles and hit the tree. Mark went into the tree to look at the damage done, he looked at the two Pokemons and said ''Good job guys, only a few more training and we could take down a tree'' ''Dave, you should take a break, using Superpower drains most of your stamina'' said Mark while returning Dave back to his pokeball, ''How about you Teltoise? Do you want to stick out for awhile?'' said Mark while looking at the Squirtle's eye, Teltoise nodded and jumped back into Dave's head. ''Alright, I decided! Let's go to Twinleaf Town first, I wanna check out everything first before we head to the lake and you two can rest'' said Mark while walking.

''Erm, which way was it again?'' Mark scratched his head, Teltoise saw the sign when they were walking and pointed to the direction where Twinleaf Town is ''Thanks Teltoise'' compliment by Mark. The young trainer walks into the town and sees a man lingering in the town, ''This guy looks familiar, can't remember anything though'' Mark said while walking in the town, he accidentally bumps into a boy, ''Oh sorry'' Mark apologized, the boy looked at his Squirtle and said ''Cool! A Pokemon, what's it's name?'' ''It's name is Squirtle, I nicknamed it as Teltoise'' replied Mark. The boy looks at Mark and said ''My name is Barry, what's yours?'' ''The name's Mark, Mark Vens'' answered Mark while the boy looked at Squirtle again and said ''I wish I had a Pokemon, so I could be like my father'' ''Father?'' questioned Mark, the boy pointed at the man lingering in town and Mark remembered ''Now I remember, he's one of the Frontier Brains, Palmer'', ''It's nice meeting you Barry, I need to get going for now'' said Mark while waving and walking out of the town.

''Now what should I do?'' Mark asked himself, which Teltoise pointed into the direction of where Lake Verity is in. ''Oh right, thanks again Teltoise'' said Mark, the boy tried to avoid all the tall grass and succeeded while trying to reach the entrance of the Lake. The boy finally got into the entrance and entered it without hesitations. ''Better avoid that trainer'' Mark silently whispered. When all the trainers were nearly gone, he looked at the lake and saw the amazing scene, while looking at the lake Mark saw something in the water, it resembled the Pokemon named 'Mesprit' which surprised Mark when he saw it. Mark then stepped back and walked into the exit, he accidentally bumped into another person, a tall man with a shirt that has the logo 'G' in it. In that single moment, Mark felt something heavy in his heart, he ignored the man and continued walking out.

ArtisianWoman

Jelly Baby?
    Years
  • Team: Sassifrass

Splitting up from Zero, Artie and Sass began walking through 201 with the intentions of going to the Lake for some training that wouldn't burn down the forest, or at least she hoped her little Torchic would boast as much power as that. "The fellow I asked said this route was fairly short and didn't have too many pokemon along it, so I guess we're okay for now, you hungry?" Artie asked, and Sass chirped happily in agreement. "Alrighty then.." She said and stopped to go through her bag and find a protein bar to split between them.

"I wonder if I'll have better legs by the end of this, don't you? I mean, we'll basically be walking across the whole region and training and all of that... no, here's a better question, could a pokemon become fat from NOT being active and all?" Artie mused through a mouthfull of granola as the two walked along admiring the forest and calm, clear air around the. Sass mumbled and shrugged, ignoring the question and eating her food as fast as she could while nestled in Artie's hood.

"Here's an even better question, what type of pokemon should we catch first?" Artie continued on with her odd musings until they came to Lake Verity, and they both stopped and stared.

The Lake was fairly large, and there wasn't a whole lot of space around it except for the small clearing that they were standing on.

"All right Sass, there's a few boulders over there, why don't you practice some slashes on it, and quick attacks while I pull out a blanket for us to rest on for the rest of the day?" Artie said, and Sass gave a reassuring chirp.

While puling out the required blankets and things, Artie watched as Sass paced herself away from the boulder and used Quick Attack, speeding towards it, attacking, and then quickly turning into a Slash. Sassifrass was slightly dazed from the impact, but continued using Slash, and every now and then Quick Attack. Slowly she began to get the hang of it, moving swifter, and hitting harder with less damage to herself.

After 15 minutes of this Sass came back, already hungry. "Here you go," Artie said, setting down a bowl of pokemon food for her."Torchie!" She said and dug in, stuffing food faster than Artie could keep track of.

Artie herself decided to eat and take a moment to really look at the lake and trees around her. Hiding among the trees Artie could just barely make out movements and shapes, and in the Lake the surface rippled ominously every now and then, making her wish she could dive in and see what was down there. Remembering Dextetta, Artie pulled the Pokedex out and pointed it towards the trees, where it began listing all of the pokemon it could sense hiding. "Panpour, Bidoof, Staravia, Starly, and Wingull."

"Panpour? Sounds like a cool fella, but Dextetta says they're pretty strong..." Artie mumbled around her sandwhich and pointed Dextetta at the lake, "Psyduck, and Poliwhirl," the Pokedex said, and Artie sighed. "I heard Magikarps are pretty special, they don't seem that way, but you beat them up enough and poof! Gyarados, THOSE fellas are some serious trouble." Artie explained to Sass as she finished her food and began eyeballing her sandwich.

"My food! You ate your own, you glutton!" Artie said, holding her sandwich to herself protectively. Angrily, Sass puffed herself up and before she could chirp, her eyes grew wide, and Artie ducked as a huge beam of fire exploded from Sassifrass open beak.

"You're supposed to aim at the LAKE!" Artie said as she tried to catch her breath while laying down on her fluffy blue blanket.

Frantically Sass ran around Artie checking every inch of her and chirping incoherently and hysterically. "Calm down Sass! I have a hard enough time understanding you on the average day!" Artie said and grabbed the frantic Torchic and hugged her until she calmed down.

"Well... your fire isn't as weak as your courage at least," Artie said and kissed Sass's forehead."Now that you've eaten why don't yo-" Artie was interrupted by a Staravia suddenly swooping down and trying to steal her sandwich out of her hand.

"Sass do something!"Artie yelled as the pokemon ferociously beat its wings, latched onto Artie instead of the sandwich by accident," Quick Attack for Pete's sake!" She commanded and finally the Torchic snapped out of it and quickly charged the Staravia with everything she had.
    "N-Now Flame Thrower!" Artie said, not wanting to lose her chance while running away to a safe distance.

The Staravia, barely fazed by the attack used one of his own and with much more power, knocking Sass several feet back, "Come on Sass! We need to try and catch him!" Artie yelled and the Torchic jumped to her feet, locked onto the Staravia and hit her with his Flame Thrower." Good! Now wait for him to come down and use another Quick Attack!" Artie ordered and the Torchic complied, jumping out of the way of a Tackle and attacking as fast as she could!"Yes! Now before he can get back in the air, use Fire Spin!"Artie yelled and held a poke ball ready. The Staravia, surprised by the Torchic's determination used Growl to try and make an opening for himself, but it was no use because Sass focused all of her energy into one final twist and trapped the Staravia in a whirling Fire Spin! "Let's do this!" Artie yelled as she threw the pokeball at the struggling and burning Staravia before he could try and escape! Captured, Artie and Sassifrass stared at the wobbling Pokeball, waiting to see if the battle was over!

(So I was wondering, how might I find myself a Magic Karp? Do i have to wait to get a fishing rod, or maybe roll a die, from an online die thingy that has every number of possible sides know to man, even up to 100, and hope it lands on the right number each time I enter a city and hope the salesman fellow appears or something? And if I did get a Magic Karp... how would I train it? I don't think an EXP share would count here xD)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @ArtisianWoman The pokeball plopped to the ground, slowly wobbling. It tipped back and forth a few times before the Staravia came out, looking very tired. (When you obtain a Pokemon that can support you while swimming, or you receive a rod from a mission, Magikarp will be available. There could even be a certain salesmen eventually...)

ArtisianWoman

Jelly Baby?
    Years
  • Artie and Sass regarded the slowly wobbling pokeball, and the Staravia seemed to fight his way out again, but used every bit of his strength to do so. Surprised by the Staravia's escape, Artie was barely able to command,"Sass, keep him distracted for a minute!", and the Torchic feigned Quick Attacks around the Staravia while Artie dug in her bag for another pokeball. Frantically, he tried to keep track of the Torchic, but was barely able to move around enough to follow Sass's movement. The Staravia mustered up a Tackle of his own, though in his exhaustion he missed."A-almost… AH there it is!"Artie yelled and threw the second Pokeball at him. Once again the Staravia was enveloped inside of a pokeball, and Artie and Sass stared anxiously.

(I'm sorry its so short, I couldn't think of anything else to write)

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Current Location: Route 201​
    Party:
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Research Time

Leaving the mysterious lake, Mark could hear screaming and shouting of a girl, ignoring it as well. Mark thought of doing some research about the towns, the Pokemon and some legends, Mark thought of borrowing the books of Professor Rowan, as he saw some while the professor was obtaining the items. He checked on his Pokemon, and noticed that they were tired and exhausted, he couldn't just avoid the fact that his Pokemon needed to heal up. Mark retracted his steps, remembering the Pokemon Center he saw when he arrived, thought there was another problem ''Um... Teltoise, do you remember where we came from when we arrived in Sinnoh?'' Mark said to his Squirtle, Teltoise nodded and pointed out the direction of the town. ''Alright, your memory is really great Teltoise, you should get some rest'' said Mark while taking out his Pokeball and returning his Squirtle back to it's place. ''Hm... I should have gotten that Town Map from Miss Daisy, she was a nice person'' Mark thought. Mark slowly walked in the grass, he tried to avoid all wild Pokemon as possible, he had a glance of Twinleaf Town and went back to his track, ''Almost there...'' Mark said to himself, Mark arrived at the sign saying the words 'Sandgem Town'.

While heading over to the Pokemon Center, he noticed a girl heading her way into Route 201, he knew where people were heading because of how some would rush into a certain direction. He ignored the girl, and continued his way into the Pokemon Center, entering the doors of the Pokemon Center, Mark quickly went in front of the desk ''Nurse, can you heal my Pokemon up?'' asked Mark, ''Sure, that's our job after all, taking care of both Pokemon and Trainers alike, it will take us awhile because of the new trainers, so you should wait a few more minutes'' replied the Nurse. Mark left the Pokemon Center in order to face the professor, he entered his Lab and looked around, ''Your here too fast'' a familiar voice said. Mark looked at the direction of the voice to find Dawn again, ''Hi there Dawn, where's the professor?'' Mark asked politely, Dawn giggled a bit and said ''Oh, the professor needed to get more Pokeballs, there's a lot of incoming trainers, he needed to prepare''. ''Why do you ask?'' Dawn said, ''I needed to borrow some books, for research purposes'' Mark explained while scratching his head, ''Awhile ago, a new trainer named Dan took some books as well'' Dawn answered. ''Thought, there's an old lady nearby, she has lots of books that you can borrow, but most of them are about legends'' Dawn told Mark, ''Alright, i'll go meet her'' Mark said while waving at Dawn.

Mark found the house of the old lady, he explained that he needed to borrow the books for research purposes, he also explained that he is a friend of Dawn, ''Dawn? Oh, that lovely girl, she helped me out most of the time, I would be happy to let you borrow the books'' the old lady said while giving Mark a book, ''Huh? Just one book?'' Mark said, ''This book has details about all the other books, you would be surprised when you read it too'' the old lady said. Mark took the book and went to the Pokemon Center to take out his Pokemon.

Mark entered the Center, heading to the Nurse and taking his Pokemon. Mark sat in one of the bench and opened the book, he was actually surprised, the book foretold many legends, one legend had a legend of a toy moving on it's own, one legend shown how Sinnoh was created by Arceus, one legend shown the Pokemon that was forbidden to enter this world, one legend shown the Pokemon of time and space, and the last legend that Mark read, was the legend of the three Lake Guardians. Mark was amazed, a book that contained legends, it was very exciting. Mark went back to the old lady and returned the book after reading. ''Hey, Teltoise, let's go to Route 202'' Mark said to his Squirtle while releasing it out of it's Pokeball.

Mark enters Route 202, he looked around to see a lot of Pokemon Trainers. He avoided most of them to make sure he won't be bothered, he then spots a Pokemon that looked cool. Mark got his Pokedex out and identified the Pokemon, ''Shinx, the Flash Pokemon, no further data, Moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Bite, Scary Face, Discharge'', ''The Flash Pokemon, huh?'' Mark said.

Objective: Capture Pokemon​

Mark sent out his newly recovered Bidoof, ''Use Icy Wind!'' Bidoof focused his power in the attack in the move, it hit Shinx and slowed it down, the Shinx then tried to charge it's electric move by using Charge, ''Dave, don't let it attack, use Hyper Fang!'' Bidoof followed and unleashed a Hyper Fang at Shinx, dealing a large attack. Shinx then used Discharge, it hit Bidoof and made a more powerful attack than it's Hyper Fang. Mark switched Bidoof with his Squirtle, the Shinx grinned and used Discharge, ''Heh, you thought I would fell for the type advantage? Teltoise, use Protect!'' Teltoise protected itself from the Shinx and went for a counter attack ''Teltoise, use Hydro Pump!'' Squirtle obeyed and attacked Shinx, the wild Pokemon was getting annoyed, it used Bite at Squirtle, ''Teltoise, finish it off with Rapid Spin!'' the Squirtle quickly used Rapid Spin while Shinx was still holding on to it, it did direct damage to it and made Shinx a bit dizzy, ''Now's my chance! Go Pokeball!'' Mark snapped his fingers and threw a Pokeball at the weakened Shinx. Mark and his Squirtle waited for the 'click' noise of the pokemon.

(I changed a move of Squirtle a bit, and yes, Bidoof knows Icy Wind :p)

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Bump in the Road
    Max Ramsey
    Location- Lake Verity
    Current Grief Squad-
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]
    Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Without giving himself time to celebrate; Max dove into the water to save his unconscious Chespin, and collect his newly caught Starly. He saw a noticed a flash of pink, which made him hesitate for a few seconds. After a moment of stagnation, his adrenaline once again began driving him forward. He reached the Chespin, which he grabbed before grabbing the poke'ball. Immediately after, there was only one thing on his mind-Air. He quickly resurfaced and took a huge gasp of air, probably more than the amount of time he'd been under the water warranted. Chespin was very weak. As a result his trainer didn't have much time to get him to a pokemon center; and in Max's defence, it didn't take him much. Though he hated exercise, he could really turn on the afterburners, when the situation called for it.
    He arrived at the pokemon centre. He'd dodged, shoved, bustled other trainers along the way, but all that mattered was his significantly injured Chespin. It took three flying type moves in the battle, as well as almost drowning. Its condition was critical. Upon arrival, he noticed there was a line. Knowing time was of the essence, he ran straight to the front, shrugging off complaints and insults along the way.
    "Nurse Joy, please! I need you to heal my Chespin!" He cried out. Nurse Joy looked at the young trainer. Before looking back at the trainers in a similar situation behind him.
    "I'm sorry young man, but there are other trainers who need their pokemon healed. You'll have to wait in line like everone else." Nurse Joy simply shrugged. Max looked up at her, from gazing sympathetically Brycen. He looked as though he'd been holding in tears. Nurse Joy sighed and checked his Chespin's vitals. Her face expanded in shock as she realised that Max's situation was much worse than the trainers that had visited before him. She verbalised her realisation. "I'm sorry trainers, but this Chespin's situation is critical! I'm forced to prioritise it!"
    Her Blissey went to get a treatment table and brought Brycen into the back room. Max watched as his pokemon was dragged away. "You're lucky you got him to us when you did. What exactly happend?" Her first sentence seemed to be said very awkwardly as if she felt bad for her mistake. The second sounded much more like she was scolding him. He simply nodded in response, as if he'd not heard the question. The trainer sat in the waiting area, he seemed pale and unresponsive. A few of the trainers in the line, were still denigrating him, with their understandably annoyed glares. The majority, at this point, were reasonably sympathetic. Max just sat there playing with his poke'ball.
    Over time the line dwidled down, and so did Max's guilt. He heard nurse Joy call out.
    "Max Ramsey. You're Chespin is fully healed." She said with a smile. Max was confused. He didn't even remember telling her his name, not that it mattered. He ran over and pick up the poke'ball from the counter. The nurse continued. "You probably should've recalled him to his poke'ball, instead of running him all the way here. His condition would've been much better when you arrived." Max groaned in response. In the heat of the moment, he hadn't considered returning Brycen to his poke'ball. Nurse Joy again continued her lecture. "So no more playing by lakes for you." She said, seemingly joking, but also very sternly. Max decided it best not to explain, and simply nodded.
    After leaving the centre, he threw both of his poke'balls to the ground. Chespin jumped up gleefully, much to Max's relief. He knew it was his fault Brycen almost drowned. He turned his attention to his Starly, who was blushing apologetically.
    "It's fine, you were scared. I completely understand." Sydan reassured his new team member. Chespin nodded in agreement. "Although next time I try to help you, how about we lay off of the pecking." The trio laughed, although Starly blushed as she did. "I'm thinking...Norf." Both pokemon tilted their heads in confusion. "For a nickname. N-O-R-F." The trainer continued. Starly chirped gleefully. Max assumed that meant she was happy. "Alright..." He said as he returned his pokemon. "On to Jublife city! That's where we'll begin the 'Grief Squad: Initiation Test'."

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Great Oscar
    money: none
    current location: Sand Gem Town

*Ding Dong* "Good Morning, This is your captain speaking. We have arrived at SandGem Town. I hope you enjoyed your trip and please gather your belongings. That is all, Thank you!"

"Finally! That only took 300 years!" Oscar exclaimed to no one in particular. Oscar quickly got up and grabbed his belongings, which was only a bag and some chocolate. "Come on Kong, we gotta get going." Oscar said while kicking the Chimchar on the ground awake. To which the Chimchar responded by punching Oscar's thigh.

Oscar, now with a slight limp, proceeded off the ship and onto the beach. "Alright, first things first. Let's find this professor Rowan guy and get him to tell me about those orbs." Oscar said with a greedy look in his eye.

After a few minutes of limping around town, Oscar walked into a building he thought was the lab. Instead all he found was a family enjoying their breakfast. "Is this where professor Rowan lives?" asked Oscar. "No, now get out of my house." exclaimed a big burly man. Oscar quickly shut the door behind him. "That was terrifying. Now, where is this stupid lab?" Oscar felt a tug on his leg and saw Chimchar pointing towards a huge building that had the sign lab. "Oh."

Oscar opened the door to the lab and saw an old man hunched over a book. "Uuuh, Hello?" Oscar called out, but the old man didn't respond. I hope he's not dead. Or actually...Oscar took a look at the pokeballs in a machine in the corner. Oscar started to tiptoe towards the machine.

"Yes, what can I help you with?" Oscar turned around quickly, "Holy sh- I mean, I'm Oscar and I'm here to ask you about those mythical orbs here in sinnoh." Oscar quickly replied. "Ah, a treasure hunter eh? Well sorry boy, I can't help you there. But I know of someone who might." stated Rowan with a judging look in his eyes. "Who?" Oscar asked. "The Sinnoh League Champion of course, but you can't talk to her unless you're her mother or a challenger."

"Fine, where do i sign up?" Oscar sighed. " Here, I'll register you a pokedex and give you a few pokeballs to start you off. Good luck!" Rowan said while shooing Oscar out the door. "Wait! Can I get a map at lea-" Oscar yelled, only to get a face full of door. "Alright, where to now?" Oscar sighed.

Oscar wandered into route 201 and started walking trekking through the tall grass. "What was that?" said Oscar seeing something out the corner of his eye. "Is that a starly? Well, it looks fairly strong, but I don't want to waste my time here." Oscar contemplated. Maybe if I throw the pokeball really hard, it will knock it out and catch it all at one time. Oscar, you are a genius.

Oscar took a pokeball from his bag and threw it at the starly. It had hit the starly dead-on and the starly was sucked into the pokeball.

Current Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @Likarus captured Shinx!

@domiken2 The Starly popped out immediately, looking at you angrily.

@ArtisianWoman captured Staravia! If you are ever doubting your post length, find a word counter and make sure it's at least 100 words. Thanks for being aware of it though.

Back