• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] SWORD AND SHIELD FOOTPRINTS SYSTEM?

Years
  • If you are talking abount how you can find footprints of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion in the Crown Thundra:

I think you can easly get away with some copy-pasted events scattered around the map, similar to hidden items.
    Every one of these will then go on and increase a global variable until it has reached a certain value (should be 50 if I'm not mistaken).
    Once you have gathered enough footprints you can then show an event encounter somewhere or anything really.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    If you are talking abount how you can find footprints of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion in the Crown Thundra:

I think you can easly get away with some copy-pasted events scattered around the map, similar to hidden items.
    Every one of these will then go on and increase a global variable until it has reached a certain value (should be 50 if I'm not mistaken).
    Once you have gathered enough footprints you can then show an event encounter somewhere or anything really.

Yes
    Which event can you Plz tell

Years
  • Yes
    Which event can you Plz tell

I'll leave a step by step rapresentation of what I mean:

1) Choose a free variable (I chose number 90 but it can be whichever you want)
    dechhrj-e39f5581-5e49-46e8-960b-d81a7bbeb840.png

2) Scatter 50 of these events wherever you want
    Spoiler:

3) For the encounter, nothing fancy, just a standard static encounter but with a condition on the variable chosen on step 1 (highlighted in orange)
    Spoiler:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I'll leave a step by step rapresentation of what I mean:

1) Choose a free variable (I chose number 90 but it can be whichever you want)
    dechhrj-e39f5581-5e49-46e8-960b-d81a7bbeb840.png

2) Scatter 50 of these events wherever you want
    Spoiler:

3) For the encounter, nothing fancy, just a standard static encounter but with a condition on the variable chosen on step 1 (highlighted in orange)
    Spoiler:

Thanks

Back