• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] buildings in jubilife village

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    what happened to them between pla-dppt and did they tear more trees down etc to make the other places?

Years
  • I have been to jubilife village but I am just at the beginning of the story, so idk if something changes later. I mean, it's obvious that with years the city changes: it gets modern. the main roads however seems to have stayed almost the same. This kinda makes me remember of some cities here in Italy that, despite modernization, still kept the Ancient Roman main roads scheme. Jubilife village/city should be based on Sapporo, so maybe looking at the story of the city may help to understand more about what inspired Jubilife village and what changed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • what happened to them between pla-dppt and did they tear more trees down etc to make the other places?

Sinnoh/Hisui is based on Hokkaido in Japan. Japan began to colonize Hokkaido in 1869 and going by what we have in game, we can say the game takes place in around 1880s going by our time, given the fact that there are cameras and video cameras. It also lines of with the ball that Prof. Oak uses in 4Ever, but a little more advanced.

That being said, once they got everything under control in Hisui and more and more people came over, the city began to expand rabidly, especially when they started working with pokemon.

If you read dialogue from random NPCs, it is obvious that the concept of Pokemon Trainer already exists and that Pokemon and Humans were already living in harmony in other places. So they shaped the land to Sinnoh that we know to day.

Years
  • You know, part of me thought (before the game released) that the story would climax, characters would begin referring to Hisui as Sinnoh, and we'd see people set out to set up towns all over the place. But Hisui really can be considered a totally different region. The land shape is even a bit different to Sinnoh.

I tried to justify, thinking "The Galaxy HQ in the village must now be where the TV station is, or perhaps the Pokétch company". But on further reflection, I don't think Jubilife Village translates directly to Jubilife City much at all, in terms of exact location; Jubilife City doesn't have a river running through it, for example, whereas there is one in Jubilife Village. Which makes sense, because settlers in a new word aren't going to make their town far away from a vital water source. It makes sense that the only real carry-overs from Hisui to Sinnoh are longstanding locations like Spear Pillar, Snowpoint Temple, Solaceon Ruins, etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    You know, part of me thought (before the game released) that the story would climax, characters would begin referring to Hisui as Sinnoh, and we'd see people set out to set up towns all over the place. But Hisui really can be considered a totally different region. The land shape is even a bit different to Sinnoh.

I tried to justify, thinking "The Galaxy HQ in the village must now be where the TV station is, or perhaps the Pokétch company". But on further reflection, I don't think Jubilife Village translates directly to Jubilife City much at all, in terms of exact location; Jubilife City doesn't have a river running through it, for example, whereas there is one in Jubilife Village. Which makes sense, because settlers in a new word aren't going to make their town far away from a vital water source. It makes sense that the only real carry-overs from Hisui to Sinnoh are longstanding locations like Spear Pillar, Snowpoint Temple, Solaceon Ruins, etc.
    any ideas on what happened then?

Years
  • I guess, simply enough, time happened. Legends Arceus shows us (beginning to) bridge the gap between people and Pokémon, but it's still a long way off from being the urbanised Sinnoh we know, even upon completing the game. It's far enough in the past that they don't exactly need to sew the seeds of what we come to know as Sinnoh, because it's just too far in the past.

So, some time after Legends Arceus, I think more and more people will have grown comfortable living alongside Pokémon. They'll be braver about travelling through Hisui, to the places we've established camps. They'll find suitable areas, and establish new villages. More time will pass, they'll likely have to knock down a few trees, clear out some rocks and flatten some land to expand their villages. The villages will become towns, some towns will become cities.

But specifically, there's no straight line to be drawn between Hisui and Sinnoh. It's set too far in the past, we could literally have a few Arceus sequels before we caught up to DPPt Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    what about the various pokemon statues in coronet highlands and the temple of sinnoh?

Back