• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best of the worst

Years
  • This thread actually reminded me of a Pokémon I haven't thought about in a long time. I used a Clamperl on my first playthrough of Sapphire. At the time, I had no idea that it evolved into anything so I just accepted it for what it was. I think it's moveset consisted of something like Surf, Dive, Protect, and Blizzard.

I also used a Remoraid in Diamond once and waited until Lv. 42 to evolve it because I had no idea what it evolved into at the time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    @Rainbow I like to use every pokemon I catch lol, So I use a lot of the worst but I don't think any pokemon is bad in a sense it just depends on how you use it :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Please don't ask me how many times I have played Unova games with Eviolite Petilil. lol Totally worth it. I don't recall having much trouble honestly. But that could be a biased memory talking.

Another rousing story is when I was playing Pokemon Stadium 2 in the Cup where it gives you a random team lol. So it gave me Unown and I was like alright fine I'll roll with this...man. That thing saved my ass way more than it should have. I will not tolerate Unown disrespect not in my house son.

Years
  • I had Amaura/Aurorus on my team from the day I resurrected it from the fossil to the day I beat the E4 in X just because I really liked its design, lol. I don't think it's the worst Pokémon, but, you know, that's a lot of weaknesses.

You have to admit that, despite all those weaknesses, it can take hits pretty well. Goes to show that just because something has so many type disadvantages doesn't mean you are forced to shun that Pokemon.

Years
  • I used a Ribombee in my Moon playthrough and let me tell you, that thing was an absolute killing machine.

Ribombee isn't exactly what I'd consider a weak Pokemon. Despite its small size, it is very fast and has some good Special Attack, on top of having Quiver Dance.

Years
  • In a Purple Mono-Color I recently did in Y, where I didn't use any items in battle, I took on the Elite Four, and when I did so, I beat three of Drasna's team members with a Swalot that had Stockpile, Substitute, Ice Beam and Earthquake. The Druddigon finished it, but it was something else. Heck, the Altaria put me to sleep twice only for me to wake up first turn both times.

Then it beat three of Wikstrom's team members too. It might have been able to take on Aegislash, but I had my Attack lowered from Infestation, I had been Tormented, and I only had two Earthquake PP left so I had to switch out. How about that.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • In a Purple Mono-Color I recently did in Y, where I didn't use any items in battle, I took on the Elite Four, and when I did so, I beat three of Drasna's team members with a Swalot that had Stockpile, Substitute, Ice Beam and Earthquake. The Druddigon finished it, but it was something else. Heck, the Altaria put me to sleep twice only for me to wake up first turn both times.

Then it beat three of Wikstrom's team members too. It might have been able to take on Aegislash, but I had my Attack lowered from Infestation, I had been Tormented, and I only had two Earthquake PP left so I had to switch out. How about that.
    Oooh what was the rest of your team? I've been thinking about doing some kind of mono-colour run haha.

Years

I have heard good things about Swalot, since Stockpile can make it into a defensive wall. Ice Beam and Earthquake were nice coverage moves to have for it too, yet seeing one defeat a good chunk of the Elite Four by itself was definitely something unheard of.

Years
  • And what's more, the Swalot was Level 59 when I entered. So it wasn't terribly high leveled.

And the rest of my team consisted of Grumpig, Cloyster, Aerodactyl, Goodra and Gengar. The very latter of which got the lowest amount of screentime in the final battles (only against Diantha's Aurorus and Gardevoir, the latter of which I would use Destiny Bond to take).

Back