• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • The Favorite Challenge

Before Starting...
    I suggest going to Serebii's Pokedex so you can see a list of Pokemon for each type. You will need to make a list of your favorite 6 Pokemon from each type, even the types you don't like. Have it typed up in Notepad or MS Word. You're not required to post this list, but if you really want to, please put it in spoiler tags. The reason for this is so people that have relatively weak favorites (Pikachu, Sunkern, Metapod...? XD) don't get completely screwed by the person assigned their team.

Once you make your list, then you're good to sign up. The next person to sign up will choose 6 types (so teams of 6 are required for this challenge). Let's say they pick Rock, Bug, Fire, Dragon, Dark, and Ghost. You would have to use your first fave rock, 2nd fave bug, 3rd fave fire, etc. Get me? ;)

Original concept by Master Strife.

The Rules...
    1. Cheating/hacking in certain Pokemon is allowed only if necessary (events or inability to trade). Yes, this means you are able to hack Kerudio, Meloetta, and Genesect. If you don't have the means to do this, please refrain from having them listed.
    2. Trading is allowed for all Pokemon, including for eggs.
    3. Please don't lie about your favorites in your list for those of you not posting it. If you have a team of Ho-oh, Deoxys, Heatran, etc., then I might have to assign you different types.
    4. HM slaves are allowed.
    5. Emulators are allowed.
    6. This is a Black and White exclusive challenge now. Do NOT enter on any previous generation games.
    7. When signing up, if you have even one legendary in one of your top 6 for any type, you must say so.
    8. A Pokemon can be listed as a favorite for more than one type. (ex. Whiscash can be a favorite Water and Ground). However, this runs the risk of using two of the same Pokemon, so be careful when making your list.
    9. Challenge ends after defeating Alder.
    10. If you end up with a Pokemon that's not fully evolved, you must keep it that way. That NFE Pokemon is what's in your favorites, not the evolution (in some cases).

If you have any questions, please VM me. If you post in here, there's no guarantee I will see it immediately!

The Alternate Challenge...
    If you do not have the ability to obtain gen I-IV Pokemon (or would prefer this method entirely), list only 1 Unova Pokemon per type. With this method, you run a higher risk of using two of the same Pokemon, so be wary. When your types are assigned, you'll just go with the first and only thing you have listed for that type.

The Forme Factor...
    Some Pokemon change type upon form, and others don't. When making your list, please do not list specific forms. If you meet a certain criteria, you will be allowed to change forms.

List of form changes and rules for those:
    Spoiler:

Sign-up Format...
    User: Sydian
    Game: Black
    # of Legendaries in list: 9
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

Champions...
    Blackbelts
    Spoiler:

White Wings
    Spoiler:

Please VM/PM me with the link to your final update when you finish!

Last edited:

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I'll sign up. Just let me think about it tonight.
    Just wanted to bump this to the top for the time being. Seems like a challenge people would normally get involved in.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • User: Jdthebud
    # of Legendaries in list: 0

lol, I don't like playing with legends as they are too powerful, although I haven't really used any of the B/W ones yet.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well AusDon, when you decide, me or someone else can assign you your types. jdthebud, I'll give you Ice, Grass, Fire, Rock, Normal, and Poison. Good luck!

Anyone wanna give me my types? XD

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Jdthebud, I'll give you Ice, Grass, Fire, Rock, Normal, and Poison. Good luck!

Anyone wanna give me my types? XD
    Okay so that means I'll be using Walrein, Ludicolo, Houndoom, Aggron, Girafarig, and Venusaur. A pretty well rounded team.

Here's my lists btw.

Spoiler:

I only had a couple Gen V Pokemon, and I actually had a couple legendaries (Ho-oh and Giratina) lol.

Sydian, I will give you Ghost, Flying, Steel, Water, Poison, and Psychic.

So are we supposed hack them all at the beginning or space them out or what?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Looks like I'm rockin' Rotom, Delibird, Heatran, Wartortle, Ariados, and Espeon. Not too bad, except I can't change Rotom's form and Heatran's gunna have to be the last thing I send over, because the lowest leveled Heatran I have is at level 50. :[ Kinda sad I have no Unova Pokemon though...I don't know how I'll space this out.

Also, if you wanna space it out, that's fine. I'm gunna do that, because I can't stand having most of my team early. So I'll probably toss a Squirtle and Eevee over first, then Delibird and Spinarak/Ariados, then Rotom, and Heatran will be added when my team hits 50 I guess. But yeah, do whatever you want in terms of when you'll obtain them. And remember that you have to beat the Striaton Gym before you can trade. So feel free to use whatever you want for the first gym (if you're doing this on a hard copy), and if one of those Pokemon turn out to be what you have to use in the challenge, then even better for you. :P

Edit: lol k

Player: L'Via
    Badges: 1

Beat Cress with the following team:

498.gif

Bacondorf / Tepig (m) lv. 14
    Ember, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Tail Whip

511.gif

Klippers / Pansage (m) lv. 11
    Vine Whip, Astonish, Leer, Scratch

Gunna trade over two eggs from White now (idk who's in them, I forgot which is which, lol) and I'll use those two above to help train the new recruits and then I'll probably box them or something. More people need to join, cough.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd like to sign up for this (Pity it's not gen IV anymore, though).
    I'll get to it whilst doing my Walrein Solo Run, I think.

User: Shadowbane92
    # of Legendaries in list: 3
    Favorites: Will list later

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, it's gen V now since people have different favorites, I'm sure says the person that ended up with a team full of non-gen V Pokemon.

You can have Ground, Ice, Poison, Flying, Rock, and Electric. :) Good luck!

Years
  • Thanks!

Here are my favorites:
    Spoiler:

So that leaves me with:
    Spoiler:

Well, what can I say. They're my favorites, even if they don't play along with my style (Onix). And where does everyone get those nicely sized sprites that are perfect for this purpose? I can't find them anywhere.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nice team. :> Anyway...

Badges: 2

Just beat Lenora. Currently in the Union Room about to trade myself two more eggs over. :) Dunno who's in them though, haha. Like I said, I forgot which egg was which. Hopefully one will be Eevee. I hate friendship evolutions, so I just wanna get this one over with. :P

168.gif

L'Viaquez / Ariados (m) lv. 23
    Quiet, Swarm
    Night Shade, Shadow Sneak, Leech Life, Poison Sting

008.gif

Inertiatic / Wartortle (m) lv. 22
    Impish, Torrent
    Water Gun, Blizzard, Bite, Tackle

Edit: HOLY CRAP. Just hatched the best Rotom ever, lol. Mild nature with Confuse Ray, Wil-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball. I don't even feel sad that I can't change its form now! :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yes, dual-type are allowed to be listed under both their types if you'd like.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Okay, thanks^

User: Suicune™
    Game: White
    # of Legendaries in list: 4
    Favorites: I'll post once my types have been assigned.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Okay, so that makes my teeeam...

Miltank
    Staraptor
    Crawdaunt
    Hydreigon
    Magneton
    Sawsbuck

Not bad :)

Favourites:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    User: MakeaJohn
    # of Legendaries in list: 0
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

PLease give me some good types and Sydian can I hack mons that are from others gens and cannot be found on the dream world?And can I hack trade evolutions cause I have no pokemon playing friends...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • PLease give me some good types and Sydian can I hack mons that are from others gens and cannot be found on the dream world?And can I hack trade evolutions cause I have no pokemon playing friends...

Yup, it's fine to hack them. :) Just don't hack any crazy moves and you're all good!

Time for my third update while I'm here:

Badges: 3

Just beat Burgh, now I'm gunna trade for my Delibird egg. :) Yay, no more trading til around the final gym! lol

168.gif

L'Viaquez / Ariados (m) lv. 26 @ Big Root
    Quiet, Swarm
    Poison Sting, Shadow Sneak, Night Shade, Leech Life

008.gif

Inertiatic / Wartortle (m) lv. 25 @ Eviolite
    Impish, Torrent
    Bite, Protect, Blizzard, Water Gun

479.gif

Mars Volta / Rotom lv. 24 @ Scope Lens
    Mild, Levitate
    Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball