• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems with Nintendo Switch joy-cons not working properly

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • I can't seem to play my Switch handheld anymore because I am having issues with my joy-cons. Every time I attach them to my Switch, after about a few seconds or so, they stop working. I have to constantly detach and reattach them, but after a short while, they stop working again and rinse and repeat. The worst part is that it can't be their age because I bought them earlier this year. Does anybody else have this issue? If so, have you solved it? How do you deal with this issue?

Years
  • Curiously have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting? This website says:

Manually disconnect and re-connect Joy-Cons.
    You can also try to directly disconnect the controllers themselves if you're not having luck so far in fixing them.
    Go to the Home Menu.
    Select System Settings.
    Select Controllers and Sensors.
    Select Disconnect Controllers.
    Once you've disconnected the controllers, you can reconnect them again by simply sliding them into the sides of the console again.

Last time I had this that solved it, but may not be the case for you. And I guess you tried the common solutions like rebooting the console and checking for updates? Joycons can be finnicky and it really sucks. x_x;

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Curiously have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting? This website says:

Last time I had this that solved it, but may not be the case for you. And I guess you tried the common solutions like rebooting the console and checking for updates? Joycons can be finnicky and it really sucks. x_x;

Thanks for the advice. I'll try all this later on.

Back