• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Start One, Bench One, Box One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
Let's play a game, my friends. This one is based off a game I would play with my friends called "Start One, Bench One, Cut One". It revolves around NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB athletes. The objective is to list 3 athletes all whom are in same or like tiers of each other and decide which of the 3 you'd want to start in your lineup, which of the 3 you'd want to put as his backup on the bench, and which of the 3 you'd want to cut as the weakest link. We are going to play this game but since we're on a Pokemon forum we'll be doing it with Pokemon. Let's call it "Start One, Bench One, Box One".

I'm gonna kick things off by listing 3 Pokemon, all of which are pretty similar to each other. The user below me is gonna pick which he/she will start in battle, which he/she will bench (put in his/her party as a backup if the starting Mon faints), and which he/she will cut as the one they would put in their PC and not bring along for the ride. Then this user will list 3 of their own Mon to keep it going for the user underneath them. Pretty simple.

Let's start,
Nidoking, Rhyperior, Aggron.

Last edited:

Shiny Gliscor King

The king is here to stay
Years
  • Age 17
  • Mars
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Take Aggron, bench nidoking, box Rhyperion

They're all similar in strength so I'd go with type, aggron has the best typing with lots of resists and only one 4x weakness which can be countered with an air balloon. Nidoking has the second best typing and rhyperior has the worst typing

Mewtwo, Keldeo, Volcanian

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm going to close this one for the reasons stated above. If you want to provide an alternative non-Pokemon version, you can go ahead, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back