• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Persona - Game Series Discussion

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Hey there! This thread is mainly created as a place to discuss all things around and about the Persona series, both within its mainline games as well as various spinoffs and re-releases.

500px-Persona_PSP_logo.svg.png

Persona is a series of Japanese Role Playing Games developed by Atlus, and a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Each game focuses on a group of characters (Mostly high school students) who unleash a demonized version of their inner self (Called a Persona) to fight off evil. The main theme is confronting one's inner flaws, as well as a recurring theme of friendship and camaraderie.

Below are a list of persona games:

Revelations: Persona
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
    Persona 3 FES
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 5

There are also various spinoffs of the persona games:

Persona 4 Arena
    Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
    Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
    Persona 4: Dancing All Night

And a few more I may of forgotten, but yeah. So, as said, this thread will serve as a base to chat all about your favourite persona games, characters, music, story, etc, etc.. Or any other things you have in mind!

Some discussion questions to start:
    • What are the persona games you've played?
    • Which are your favourite and why?
    • Which characters from Persona do you enjoy the most? Ones you dislike the most?
    • Which music from Persona do you enjoy listening to?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Question: Is the Persona 3 side of Ultimax worth playing?

'Cause I gotta say...The P4 side was kind of an endurance test. The original was easier to go through as it went along because it had some pretty hilarious alt endings and Labbydo (as my friend affectionately calls her) and Elizabeth had some surprisingly standout stories. Ultimax, though...I like it as a game but the story isn't nearly as pleasant to bite into. And the ending...oi.

Scary thing is I was actually planning on playing P3 side such to the point that I went back and restarted my P3P save with the intent to finally finish it to get spoilers out of the way. Hell, I wrote about that run in detail on here, and it was surprisingly fun (they...really need to stop adding ways to power up Persona stats in their mobile ports). But I can't really say I'm too enthused to jump back in.

Anybody here played P3 side of Ultimax?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So... like... 4th Persona thread? =D
    How long is this going to last, I wonder? =D

I played 2, 3, 3P, 3F, 4, 4G, 4A, 4D and 4U.
    Need to finish P2 and play P1 eventually.

And I can safely say that there is nothing better than Persona 3. Which leads to another another. Minato Arisato is the ultimate protagonist.

As for the one I like the least. Kuma can go to hell. And probably da men Junpei.

Oh, music. One of the best things of Persona. Shoji Meguro is god.

I will... BUUUURN MY BREEEEAD :D
    P4 is better in this aspect, though. Time to Make History, Reach Out to The Truth, BGM Snowflake and Utsuro no Mori no Shoujo. And most importantly Never More.
    All of these songs are brilliant.

But if we are talking about Persona music...
    Just this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYzZjIpSek

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Mainline SMT is the superior franchise

What are the persona games you've played?
    - 3, 4, and Persona Q. Counting Spinoffs, Persona Arena was something i played for a bit via a friend's place. It was a great alternative from the other fighting games at the time.

Which are your favourite and why?
    - I'm crossed between 3 and 4 considering that both games generally have the same gameplay, but in terms of story, setting, and the themes explored, i somehow enjoyed 4 a bit more.

Which characters from Persona do you enjoy the most?
    All of the ladies.

Which music from Persona do you enjoy listening to?

Strip Tease mainly for the beat it has.

Back